PDA

View Full Version : Sub Box Carpet??

n0torious
09-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Hey all!

Just a quick question. Me and my buddy just made a killer box for 2 12" Alpine Type X's... I really want to carpet it to make it look great. I don't know where to start. Is there a special way of doing it? A special type of adheisive to use? I don't want it to be anything way to fancy. Something that we can wip together in an hour to make the box look better. Any ideas?

Let me know. Thanks guys!

:thumbsup:

hifiguy
09-26-2006, 12:10 AM
Use trunkliner or what ever the local fabric stores carry to match your interior. 3m spray glue is the most common adhesive. General trunkliner, the stuff you typically see boxes covered in, is stretchy. Pre-cut and wrap the entire box before applying adhesive. Follow 3m's application instructions and do each side one at a time. I believe you have to apply the glue to both surfaces and wait awhile for the spray to get tacky before pushing the carpet on to the box. Razor blades will keep your edges and joins clean and smooth. Just cut off the excess after stretching out the carpet. Push it(the carpet) on smoothly or you will get bubbles just like applying window tint. If you use black carpeting, one trick I have used is a soldering iron on edges and seems to make joins dissappear or melt together. Use that technique sparingly, I barely have to touch it(brush lightly). Good luck with it. Sounds like you guys have found a formula for big bass...:thumbsup: