PDA

View Full Version : Factory deck "safe" mode - 98 Passat GLS

A3GTiVR6SC
09-25-2006, 06:33 PM
hey guys,

bought this car privately (98 VW Passat 1.8T GLS) and the factory deck seems to be locked up in "safe" mode... Any ideas how i would get this to unlock? :confused:

Thanks in advance. :D

theken
09-25-2006, 07:04 PM
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/106673.html google is quite the helper

rc2002
09-25-2006, 07:23 PM
Did you try calling the dealership yet? They helped me unlock my factory head unit, no questions asked.

A3GTiVR6SC
09-25-2006, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002
Did you try calling the dealership yet? They helped me unlock my factory head unit, no questions asked.

i didnt take the car there but their best advice was look through the first couple pages of your owners manual. but the problem is, i bought this car privately and it didnt come with an owners manual... :thumbsdow

i asked if they could track the unlock code down through the VIN but he told me he couldnt....:dunno:

HHURICANE1
09-26-2006, 05:01 PM
The code is sometimes on a sticker on the deck. You have to pull the deck out to check though. The dealership will be able to get the code with the vin but they will have to call VW to get it.

SinisterProbeGt
09-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by HHURICANE1
The code is sometimes on a sticker on the deck. You have to pull the deck out to check though. The dealership will be able to get the code with the vin but they will have to call VW to get it.

this happened on my 91 passatt.
THe dealer can give you directions on how to enter the code.
you hold two buttons down and enter it.
THe lock code is located on the head unit. you either take it out. or if you dealer serviced it they will have you lock code on file.
South centre fine cars had mine. vin# will help you out