PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Insurance (Whats The Best Bang For The Buck)

danlowteg
09-25-2006, 07:12 PM
Ok long story short i got my integra running now and i want to drive it for weekends and what such its not really a daily driving car that would be what my prelude is for. Anyway i called my insurance "TD Monex" i pay a price of $133 a month with no collision so to add my Integra on with my prelude it comes out to a price of $280. That’s double of what I pay “WTF”.

Now here is my question for all you guys i hate having to pay double for a car i just want to drive like only 2 days a week and the rest of the time its in my backyard under a cover. What do you guys or gals pay I want to find a company that won’t f&%$ me over i am a student at Sait I don’t have tons of money as is. And for the little details I have no accidents, 4 years driving experience, and 2 little speeding tickets. (I know I did wrong so I just paid them). Tell me what you think I should do all ideas are welcome. Thx alot

vietdood
09-25-2006, 07:52 PM
put it under the category of pleasure/weekend vehicle

danlowteg
09-25-2006, 08:06 PM
tryed that:( same crap i even told them one car will be under a cover while one is driving

Masked Bandit
09-25-2006, 08:17 PM
While you are under 25 there is no difference between driving the car once every two weeks or driving it 200 km's a day.

Funny, when I was a "poor student", could barely afford one car, not two.

There is no way to insure a vehicle for extreme casual use.

danlowteg
09-25-2006, 08:41 PM
purchased both of them after working a year before school and when i paid off my school with no loans i have nothing left :D

frozenrice
09-25-2006, 09:09 PM
Dan your best bet is to call around. My first hesitation with your insurance company is the fact that it's part of a bank. It's bad enough they screw you over on interest rates and crap, yet alone try to get your money for insurance. There are numerous insurance companies out there and if you shop around, I'm sure you'll find somebody that'll get you better prices. To be honest, for someone in your category, you're not paying too much especially for two cars. I've heard of some "kids" paying as much as $4000/year for insurance.

Tik-Tok
09-25-2006, 09:29 PM
TD was the best bang for buck when I was searching around.

Pleasure vehicles will only save you 10% max, no matter who your with, unless you try one of those "classic" car insurance places who limit how many km/year, and how many days/year you can drive, but I don't know if they'll accept an integra, as they focus mainly on classic, and muscle cars.

You can try though.