PDA

View Full Version : Sneezing and heavy lifting

hussein
09-26-2006, 02:37 PM
Whenever I lift heavy in back and chest, I sneeze atleast once while working out. Heavy meaning a weight in which I can do like 6-8 reps.

Any ideas why this is? Do any of you guys experience this? It is not season dependent. And it doesn't hurt me.

bulaian
09-26-2006, 03:48 PM
It could be when you're straining, your eyes are watering a bit and irritating you from the inside(kinda like how some people sneeze when they look at the sun or bright lights, same effect)

Other than that, no clue what else could be causing it

00CivicSi
09-26-2006, 06:14 PM
Your allergic to lifting heavy?? :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

quikkoop
09-26-2006, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by bulaian
people sneeze when they look at the sun MAN DO I EVER HATE THAT! Happens alot when I look at snow on a sunny day, SO annoying!

Wildcat
09-26-2006, 06:26 PM
sorry, your just weird.

b_t
09-26-2006, 07:15 PM
man these people just don't get it

Sneezing during heavy lifting is a sign you may be at risk for Sudden Weightlifter Death Syndrome which is as severe as it sounds. SWDS will strike weightlifters suddenly, causing death. The warning signs of the syndrome include sneezing during maximum effort reps, a burning feeling in your muscles after working out, increased muscle size after pumping iron due to tissues hemorraging blood into the layer just underneath your skin, among other rarer symptoms.

You have to quit working out. Right now.

Watcher
09-26-2006, 08:22 PM
Make sure you put the weight down BEFORE you sneeze so you don't drop it on your neck and kill yourself.

hussein
09-26-2006, 09:35 PM
hahaha

i was just curious as to why it happens and if it happens to others as well