PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Dub Video Capturing

Azn_chibi77
09-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Hey I was wondering if anyone knows how to use Virtual Dub or knows of any good tutorials. I also want to know if I NEED a video capture card to use this program. Someone told me it was possible to do it without a video capture card :s. Basically what I want to do is record clips from games(ie. cs:s) and make a video. My alternative is using fraps and windows movie maker but I would like to try and figure out how to use virtual dub. Also... does anyone know of programs that are better then fraps??? Any help would be appreciated.

xrayvsn
09-26-2006, 11:05 PM
Have you checked out doom9.org yet?

beung
09-28-2006, 09:17 AM
I use Virtual Dub when I compress my in-game FRAPS clips from WoW. I don't think it can capture in-game video, I think it will only capture from an device like a digi cam, web cam or something, I don't think it will capture from your Video card.

I like it alot, its great for taking the huge raw data from FRAPS and compressing it. Depending on how good of quality you want of course.

The only thing really worth changing/playing around with are the filters. If you don't have any turned on and do a straight compress of the raw data the output video is very dark. You will want to go into the filters section and increase the brightness and contrast a bit, not too much because then the video looks washed out. You may also want to take a look at the sharpen filter and adjust that. Just play around with those to do the compression of the video and then use MS Movie Maker or what ever movie making software you want to do the editing and adding music and stuff.

I have tried Game Cam it wasn't as good as FRAPS I don't think.