PDA

View Full Version : Tokico Struts Question

Clever
09-27-2006, 09:24 AM
I just got back from a trip to Saskatoon and to those who have driven there, you know how bad the road is. Anyhow I have been driving around in the city for a few days now and I notice that my shocks are A LOT softer than it used to, to the point that it seems like I'm hittting the cracks and bumps on the roads harder , is that normal, do tokico struts get that soft in such a short time? They we're installed sometime in May or June.

Also, I wasn't sure where to post this, so Mods please move the thread if necessary.

QuasarCav
09-27-2006, 09:42 AM
My tokicos have lived a hard life since January and they seem to be holding up quite well.

Tokico Blues?

Clever
09-27-2006, 09:51 AM
I'm not even sure what kind they are, but is that what i should expect? I'm sitting on a tokico/ eibach setup, both installed at the same time, so if i'm unhappy with it do i just replace them? or is there warranty on them?

rc2002
09-27-2006, 09:58 AM
If they're blown, there should be warranty if you bought them brand new. Are they leaking? You should look at the strut and see if you can see fresh fluid around the shaft...

If you used a vice grip instead of an allen key to tighten them when installing, you could've blown the seal and caused the strut to start leaking.

Clever
09-27-2006, 10:15 AM
It doesn't feel like they are "blown" more like "loose" so even taking regular corners now something rubs (it's probably just my mud guards) and before the SK trip i had my 17's on, no rubbing whatsoever and then I put my stock 16 's wheels with winters on for the trip, now that I'm in town I can definitely tell the difference.

I bought them brand new and they were installed in a shop, who I just finished talking to and they have been really helpful, they recommended that i drive it for another week and see if anything changes and if not they will look at it.

but i will defintely look for leaks when i get home tonight.

hoamic11
09-27-2006, 10:26 AM
the other thing, when you looking at them is, the color of the strut will tell you what kind it is. Hence Tokico Blue's will be Blue in color and the White's are white in color, makes it prettty easy.

cmodem
09-27-2006, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav
My tokicos have lived a hard life since January and they seem to be holding up quite well.

Tokico Blues?

Ahem you treating my old tokico blues hard!!! haha... good to hear they are still holding up for you.

Blues aren't the greatest if you lower them too much > 1.5... maybe the rough ride and your eibach springs blew them... are you running sport line or race eibachs? I think sports drop 1.75 or something.

QuasarCav
09-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by cmodem

Ahem you treating my old tokico blues hard!!! haha... good to hear they are still holding up for you.

Blues aren't the greatest if you lower them too much > 1.5... maybe the rough ride and your eibach springs blew them... are you running sport line or race eibachs? I think sports drop 1.75 or something.

I am really impressed with the OE like ride but the much better handling.

I would never abuse them but they definatly get a workout! BC roads are fun.