PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2004 Honda 599 (CB600F)

Mastard
09-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Time for a slight upgrade. The 599 is for sale.

This bike is quicker than it looks. Sources say a max. of 95HP @ 12,000rpm. It's a 599cc, 4 carb, inline 4, DOHC, 16-valve, liquid cooled, 13k rpm redline...CBR600F3 engine. Something else worth mentioning is that all the 599's are built by Honda Italy and imported to north america. Some components are stamped by Ducati. This bike is better known as the Honda Hornet back in Europe, where it won best selling bike of the year, a couple years in a row.

It's also far more comfortable than a supersport for riding around the city, but still loads of fun. Although I picked it for a starter bike, it has enough umph and style to be a keeper. Personally I love the look of this bike, I'm just looking for something more suitable for the track next year. It's all stock, except for the aftermarket windscreen, which is a big help at high speeds. The mirrors are very practical on this bike too. At cruising speeds I get at least 240km on the main tank and roughly another 40km on the reserve. The cluster is well designed too. Analog speedo, tach, and temp gauge, digital clock, odo, 2 trip meters. The tires are a nice street DOT (180/55/ZR17 rear and 120/70/ZR17 front) and can fit the most common race tire size if you want take-offs for some more aggressive cornering ability.

Here's a review of the bike with pix:
http://www.motorsports-network.com/h...mc/599ride.htm

It has 13,500km on it. I'm the 2nd owner. Although I low-sided it at the track, the damage is all minor superficial stuff. The worst of it is a dent on the side of the tank, which can be bodyworked over the winter pretty easily. The bike runs super smooth.

$6,300 OBO. Although not likely that anyone will go from supersport to naked, I will trade for CBR600RR, GSX-R600, possibly an R6.

You can reach me at [email protected] or (780)446-6942. I live on the south side of Edmonton.

Thanks,
Andrew

Mastard
10-07-2006, 10:13 PM
bump.

Bottom line $6,000.
:thumbsup:

Mastard
10-15-2006, 12:00 PM
:bigpimp: