PDA

View Full Version : Guns N Roses

l8braker
09-27-2006, 12:02 PM
I may be out of the loop, but has anyone else seen this on ticketmaster?

Wed, 12/06/06 07:00 PM Guns N' Roses Pengrowth Saddledome

:drool:

mekeni
09-27-2006, 12:04 PM
yup, tickets on sale this saturday :clap:

have to wake up early !!! :eek:

tictactoe2004
09-27-2006, 12:09 PM
lol, GnR was the worst live show i've ever seen... and thats back when slash and duff were still in the band

axl had a couch brought out on stage with a flat of beer and sat on the couch while drinking beer and singing... it was retarded

mekeni
09-27-2006, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by tictactoe2004
lol, GnR was the worst live show i've ever seen... and thats back when slash and duff were still in the band

axl had a couch brought out on stage with a flat of beer and sat on the couch while drinking beer and singing... it was retarded

lmao, when and where was this? he must be really drunk at that time...

03ozwhip
09-27-2006, 12:41 PM
i like G N R but when i saw his "comeback" a few years back on TV, he was all chubby and couldnt sing worth of shit because he was out of breath. IMO it will be just as shitty, but you have to pay. no good.

Crymson
09-27-2006, 01:01 PM
I'm still going to go, i don't expect too much but the nostalgia alone is worth it.

mekeni
09-27-2006, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
I'm still going to go, i don't expect too much but the nostalgia alone is worth it.

:werd:

dennisaur
09-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip
i like G N R but when i saw his "comeback" a few years back on TV, he was all chubby and couldnt sing worth of shit because he was out of breath. IMO it will be just as shitty, but you have to pay. no good.

rofl i remember seeing that too... terrible stuff

rage2
09-27-2006, 03:03 PM
Axl has gotten a lot better in the last year based on the youtube vids I've seen.

Setlist looks pretty good too... too bad slash isn't there to play... won't be the same!

core_upt
09-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by 03ozwhip

His in-ear monitor was malfunctioning, so he was singing without being able to hear anything else for reference.

Presale tickets on Friday. Apparently the show is mostly Appetite for Destruction stuff.

Tickets are $50-80 plus Ticketmaster Rapage fee.

rage2
09-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by core_upt
Presale tickets on Friday. Apparently the show is mostly Appetite for Destruction stuff.
The setlist hasn't changed much over the years. One or 2 covers, and mostly appetite, with your classic Illusions and Lies tracks. Last 2 setlists:

set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Guitar Solo [Robin], Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heaven's Door, Better, Jam, Piano Solo [Dizzy], The Blues, Guitar Solo [Richard], Guitar Solo [Robin], Out Ta Get Me, Guitar Solo [Bumblefoot], November Rain, You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo [Bumblefoot], Think About You [w/ Izzy Stradlin], Patience [w/ Izzy Stradlin], Guitar Solo [Robin], Nightrain [w/ Izzy Stradlin]
encore: I.R.S., My Michelle, Madagascar, Paradise City [w/ Izzy Stradlin]

set: Welcome To The Jungle, It's So Easy, Mr. Brownstone, Live And Let Die, Guitar Solo [Robin], Sweet Child O' Mine, Knockin' On Heavens Door, Jam, Piano Solo [Dizzy], The Blues, Jam, Beautiful [Robin & Richard guitar duet], You Could Be Mine, Guitar Solo [Bumblefoot], Out Ta Get Me, Jam, November Rain, Jam, You Gotta Move [w/ Izzy Stradlin & Del James], Patience [w/ Izzy Stradlin], Nightrain [w/ Izzy Stradlin], Paradise City [Sebastian Bach on vocals]

It'd be cool if Izzy decides to show up randomly like he does at a lot of gigs (both GnR and VR) but I wouldn't count on it. Won't be the same without Slash... but hey, to hear Axl perform some classics live ain't too shabby either!

R-Audi
09-27-2006, 05:43 PM
Im in for sure... I think I was one of the few around that made it to the Edmonton show WAAAAAY back when.

rage2
09-27-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Im in for sure... I think I was one of the few around that made it to the Edmonton show WAAAAAY back when.
Asshole! I missed that show... that was in 93 I think? All my friends went and I was left behind... I got busted for something a month or 2 before that and I was in a "I listen to my parents" phase and they wouldn't let me go :rofl:.

tictactoe2004
09-27-2006, 06:09 PM
Originally posted by mekeni

lmao, when and where was this? he must be really drunk at that time...

it was probably in the mid 90's.... it was bad bad bad

Darkane
09-27-2006, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by rage2

Asshole! I missed that show... that was in 93 I think? All my friends went and I was left behind... I got busted for something a month or 2 before that and I was in a "I listen to my parents" phase and they wouldn't let me go :rofl:.

bahahahah:angel:

dino_martini
09-28-2006, 09:14 PM
Guns N Roses is going on another tour. Im highly debating pre-buying tickets with the C-Jay 92 password. But honestly, I would not be suprised if Axle is a no show.

http://www.ticketmaster.ca/event/11003D36CB4C77E2?artistid=735218&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=1

Anyone else thinking of going?

Mr. Burns
09-28-2006, 09:18 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing Guns n' R... er, I mean Axl Rose & Company. Ill get some shitty seats near the top of the 2nd level tho, wont be worth big $$ for first row/floor.

dino_martini
09-28-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks mod for moving my thread. I realised I posted it in wrong section like three seconds after posting.

its 80 dollars for floor..plus service fees. Thats not bad I guess. If anyone wants to pre-buy CJAY password is: september

Mr. Burns
09-28-2006, 09:23 PM
Actually thats not a bad price at all!

googe
09-28-2006, 10:01 PM
WTF how are they not going to vancouver or seattle? what band goes to winnipeg and not those cities? :cry:

l8braker
09-28-2006, 10:05 PM
well axl flipped out last time they were in vancouver and people rioted, seattle i dunno.

ashee
09-28-2006, 10:22 PM
I was so exicted when I heard they were coming on the radio this morning:thumbsup:

rage2
09-29-2006, 06:52 AM
Got my tickets yesterday! can't wait! Who else is going?

DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE??? YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE BABY!!!!!!

Crymson
09-29-2006, 08:29 AM
I got mine too, not sure where they are though- lower bowl i was promised, but who knows.

Nissanaddict
09-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Got my tickets yesterday! can't wait! Who else is going?

DO YOU KNOW WHERE THE FUCK YOU ARE??? YOU'RE IN THE JUNGLE BABY!!!!!!

How? I'm grabbing mine in about.....16 minutes. :D

rage2
09-29-2006, 10:05 AM
mad hookups. rage2 doesn't wait in line. :rofl:

Nissanaddict
09-29-2006, 10:10 AM
Hahha nice. I just got mine. :thumbsup: Can't wait to hear all the classics live...and some of the new ones (Catcher in the Rye, Better, etc.)

core_upt
09-29-2006, 11:43 AM
Got mine this AM - couldn't find anything in the lower bowl, so Row 5 second level - not bad seats at all.

Night Train and Mr. Brownstone FTW!!!!!

el_fefes
09-29-2006, 11:53 AM
Got mine!!! w00t!! 2nd level row 22

Nissanaddict
09-29-2006, 12:46 PM
Floor seats...*cough* floor STANDING for me. General admission!!

rage2
09-29-2006, 12:47 PM
I'm too old for floor seats... don't want my ass kicked! :rofl:

core_upt
09-29-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm too old for floor seats... don't want my ass kicked! :rofl:

I have the option for floor seats, but I'm with you - I'd like to sit when they play stuff that sucks (read: Spaghetti Incident).!

But I wonder if its a seated floor? Tool had general admission floor seats, but they were still in chairs that were bolted to a track on the floor. Everyone down there stood up, of course, but there was no pit or anything.

l8braker
09-29-2006, 01:11 PM
Got tix to the show, no idea where where my bud got them all though.

The tool chairs we were on weren't bolted to a track, they were all attatched together with the plastic tighteners you'd use to seperate wires.

gay :thumbsdow hopefully there are no chairs

rage2
09-29-2006, 01:17 PM
I'm pretty excited for the show! I'm so gonna lose my voice that night haha.

likwid
09-29-2006, 01:23 PM
Whats the password

nonlinear
09-29-2006, 01:26 PM
www.gunsnroses.com

i grabbed tickets for both EDM and CGY...

i tried toget floor tickets but the goddam tickets.com site wasn't working... oh well, got lower bowl for both shows and i'm going with a tiny 90lb chick, so we prolly didn't want floor anyhow.

booya!

nonlinear
09-29-2006, 01:27 PM
oh and BTW, I say we have a beyond beer meet somewhere before and/or after the show. i usually go to some pub (tha castle?) after shows at the saddledome, they have kind pints for cheap on weeknights.

anyone down?:bigpimp:

mekeni
09-29-2006, 02:13 PM
I got tickets.. level 2 though.. :thumbsdow , I'll try again tommorow for level 1 tickets......

:drama: :nut: :rolleyes:

googe
09-29-2006, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by core_upt

I have the option for floor seats, but I'm with you - I'd like to sit when they play stuff that sucks (read: Spaghetti Incident).!

But I wonder if its a seated floor? Tool had general admission floor seats, but they were still in chairs that were bolted to a track on the floor. Everyone down there stood up, of course, but there was no pit or anything.

tool did not have general admission floor seats. all floor seats were numbered.

Crymson
09-29-2006, 02:55 PM
I'm never going to a show again with numbered floor seats -- Pearl Jam is one of my favorite bands, but after suffering through a concert with number floor seats, i'll never go back. I felt completely ripped off, and the security guards aka. seat/row nazis, ruined the entire show for me. -1 for pearl jam.

FF last summer was the best show i've ever seen and it was al beacuse of the general admission floor.

nonlinear
09-29-2006, 02:57 PM
the floor is general admission (no seats)

Foz
09-29-2006, 04:27 PM
Anyone know the presale passcode?

nonlinear
09-29-2006, 04:28 PM
for ticketmaster: september

EDIT: i think it ends at 6pm though, so better hurry. if you want floor tickets, best option is to wait until tommorrow. i guess this is the cjay presale, which is not the best seats available. i bought these seats both here and EDM, and then found out i could've gotten better seats tommorrow. fuck off merck.

Foz
09-30-2006, 11:08 AM
Thanks nonlinear.

Tik-Tok
09-30-2006, 06:50 PM
My wife got her presales, I thought she was going to wet herself she was so excited :nut:

Good seats though, right in front of the private boxes.

ashee
10-01-2006, 10:03 AM
Think it will be a sold out show?

dino_martini
10-01-2006, 09:42 PM
I got floor tickets, but am debating wheather I want to be killed on the floor.

nonlinear
10-10-2006, 01:23 PM
i'm not sure if it will sell out, but they are currently selling seats behind the stage. plus, since the concert is like still 2 months away, there is lots of time to sell tix still.

mekeni
10-12-2006, 10:45 AM
selling tickets behind the stage means it's nearly sold out ...

Tik-Tok
10-12-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by mekeni
selling tickets behind the stage means it's nearly sold out ...

IMO, selling tickets behind the stage may as well be sold out... who the hell wants to sit behind the stage? It'd be easier to turn your lights off, crank up your stereo, have a friend smoke a joint somewhere in your vicinity, put some used gum on your shoe, and pour some vodka into your beer (for that extra stadium beer effect).

redec
12-07-2006, 10:16 AM
fucking awesome show.....played so much old stuff.....does anyone know what the song was that dizzy played for his solo (first piano solo)?

DepTrotter
12-07-2006, 10:39 AM
must have been a good show, two people that went from work havent strolled in yet lol

syeve
12-07-2006, 10:48 AM
^^ended at 2 something...dont really remember :)

Tik-Tok
12-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by DepTrotter
must have been a good show, two people that went from work havent strolled in yet lol

Didn't end until 2:30, last c-train was 2:15 lol.

I didn't find it all that great, I enjoyed Sebastian Bach more than GnR :nut:

Putting on such a late show allowed people to get WAY too drunk, the kid in front of me puked, the guy beside me I swear was on mushrooms, he was waving his arms the whole time like Lisa when she drank Duffgardens ride water, and the idiot behind me was so smashed he couldnt hold his beer and dumped it down my back.

I may have enjoyed it more if it weren't for that.

syeve
12-07-2006, 10:57 AM
lol, the girl beside me kept saying she wants to bear Axels children and how much she loved him...she was SCREAMING her undieing love. This was during Sebastians set. :D

Ended up watching GnR from a box, WAY better and free beer to boot. I felt like a poser though...rock and roll show from a box?? Oh well.

redec
12-07-2006, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Didn't end until 2:30, last c-train was 2:15 lol.

I didn't find it all that great, I enjoyed Sebastian Bach more than GnR :nut:

Putting on such a late show allowed people to get WAY too drunk, the kid in front of me puked, the guy beside me I swear was on mushrooms, he was waving his arms the whole time like Lisa when she drank Duffgardens ride water, and the idiot behind me was so smashed he couldnt hold his beer and dumped it down my back.

I may have enjoyed it more if it weren't for that.

yeah, it was kinda retarded that it was so late....I mean they could've started the show like 2 hours earlier....alot of people left before the show ended....it's just retarded for them to not realize that alot of their fans have to work on thursdays :P.....I didn't think the crowd got out of control tho....it was perfectly fine/typical where I was...

dj_rice
12-07-2006, 07:02 PM
Damnnn I heard there was 5 Sucidegirls.com on stage flashing and walking around half naked during the breaks?

And people who toking and smoking cigs in there also?Is that allowed?The smoking cigs I mean...:rolleyes:

Tik-Tok
12-07-2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Damnnn I heard there was 5 Sucidegirls.com on stage flashing and walking around half naked during the breaks?

And people who toking and smoking cigs in there also?Is that allowed?The smoking cigs I mean...:rolleyes:

Suicide girls were the first act, they weren't walking around flashing afterwards or anything though. And yeah, as per any concert lots of dope and cigarette's being smoked, not allowed but people do it anyways.

MrPid
12-07-2006, 07:54 PM
All in all not a bad show. It had good points and bad points. It wasn't a surprise that they were going to start late - it's been plastered all over the reviews.

Axl Rose was all business - didn't seem to show any of the self indulgent bs he's famous for - maybe that's a sign he's maturing? He covered all of the GNR classic stuff and his latest ensemble seems pretty tight with Finck from NIN and others.

The dome itself sucks accoustically speaking and they didn't bring enough firepower to the party either - I don't think the show would have been so great from the seats in nomans land because they were pushing too much drums and base to try and get volume and for those seats, it probably sounded kind of muffled.

mekeni
12-09-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by redec
[B.....does anyone know what the song was that dizzy played for his solo (first piano solo)? [/B]

little help from my friends - the beatles

CappyMcSlappy
12-11-2006, 04:47 PM
Although I'd love to go see GnR, it just won't be the same without slash. I saw the stones last year and that was still good, but i'm really looking forward to the smashing pumpkins getting back together. But GnR without slash can't we worth it, he's still got it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqv9Z6W4nCY
any of you guys try out the VW/guitar set up with the first act? looks awesome.

nonlinear
12-11-2006, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by CappyMcSlappy
Although I'd love to go see GnR, it just won't be the same without slash. I saw the stones last year and that was still good, but i'm really looking forward to the smashing pumpkins getting back together. But GnR without slash can't we worth it, he's still got it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqv9Z6W4nCY
any of you guys try out the VW/guitar set up with the first act? looks awesome.

That's easy to say from behind a computer, but I guarentee youe would eat your words once you saw this new lineup play live

dino_martini
12-11-2006, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by Crymson
I'm never going to a show again with numbered floor seats -- Pearl Jam is one of my favorite bands, but after suffering through a concert with number floor seats, i'll never go back. I felt completely ripped off, and the security guards aka. seat/row nazis, ruined the entire show for me. -1 for pearl jam.

Whats the story behind that one? :hijack:

rage2
12-11-2006, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
That's easy to say from behind a computer, but I guarentee youe would eat your words once you saw this new lineup play live
Axl was awesome. Can't say the same for the rest of the band, they fucked up/faked a lot of the solos which pisses me off (cuz I fake the solos lol). The bumblefoot Don't Cry solo was cool tho.

CappyMcSlappy
12-12-2006, 10:55 AM
I saw them play on tv at those music awards, it was enough to make not want to go already.

nonlinear
12-12-2006, 11:00 AM
that was 4 years ago, they sound nothing like that now

dino_martini
12-23-2006, 12:22 AM
Here is a clip montage from the Calgary show, and after watching this I can honestly say I wish I went instead of getting rid of my tickets..

Guns N Roses Youtube link Live in Calgary (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIWYd7CvAoY)