PDA

View Full Version : good food near UofA

nonlinear
09-27-2006, 04:38 PM
hey,

I'm staying on the UofA campus for one night (tonight). Can anyone recommend any good restaurants nearby? I don't mind takeout, or whatever. Just looking for something that is easy to find and is close by the university. I'm staying on 87th Ave and like 117 st.

thanks

leec001
09-27-2006, 08:46 PM
439-1335

Furusato Japanese Rest.

Located at 82ave, between 97-99 St.
439-1335 Whyte ave and (I think) 101st.
Sundays open 'till 9PM, can't remember any other drtails.

GTS Jeff
09-28-2006, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by leec001
439-1335

Furusato Japanese Rest.

Located at 82ave, between 97-99 St.
439-1335 Whyte ave and (I think) 101st.
Sundays open 'till 9PM, can't remember any other drtails. Probably the best sushi in Edmonton, which is still way worse than the sushi in Calgary. Not that close to campus though.

I'd recommend...hmmm...just walk down Whyte Ave and see what tickles your fancy.

hjr
09-28-2006, 11:42 AM
there is a bunch of fast food. tims, a&w, mc D's. then lots of pizza, a bit of donair, some cajun, tome thai. some other stuff too

REFLUX
10-01-2006, 11:02 PM
I just noticed that you're only staying on campus for 1 night but the list is already done, so I'll post it anyways for reference sake.

Gaya Korean Restaurant
It's right on 87Ave & 112St (just east of the Earls)

Furusato's good stuff
I like going to Kyoto on 87Ave & 109St
Might not appeal to the sashimi connoiseur but it's a nice little place
There's also Yokozuna across from the hospital, north of the Wendy's/Tim Hortons. There are three Yokozuna's in Edmonton, each one of them different in quality of food. I recommend the one off Whitemud Drive (in Whitemud Crossing, a commercial complex).

Fiore (Italian), again on 87Ave & 109St (just north of Kyoto)

Some people love the pizza @ Pharoah's Pizza, again 87Ave & 109St, just next door to the Garneau Theater

High Level Diner, just north of the Garneau Theater, next to Red Bike. They serve some weird bohemian food, some people really like it.

DaDeO's on Whyte Ave & ~107/106St, it's a nice "New Orleans" style restaurant. Try the Po Boys (sandwiches)

Cafe Select, 109St & ~84Ave (a block or two north of the Safeway), this is a more ritzy restaurant. Good for dates but I suggest going there with a friend or two to try it out first. Don't get the iced tea, it's some disgusting stuff.

Chianti (Italian), Whyte Ave & 106St, sister restaurant to Fiore. Different menu, good food.

There's Sam Wok on Calgary Trail & ~80Ave (next to the Blockbuster). I think it's mediocre Chinese food but some people love it.
There's also the Good Buddy (or was it just Buddy?) Chinese place across Calgary Tr. from Sam Wok. Same "rating" as Sam Wok.

Bout all I can think of for near UA restaurants.