09-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Which would you rather have?
A fast car, that looks shitty.
Or a slow car that looks good.

An example my friend i'm having the argument used is:

A ferrari w/ a civic 1.6L engine...
Or an 89 Volks with an F1 engine?

I said the F1 engine...

What's your opinions? (Having both is not an option!)

Edit: Good point redlyne... By fast, I mean overall top of the line... All out performance (including autox or anything else... could be specialized) for the ugly car.

M_K_3
09-27-2006, 11:33 PM
gotta look good bra hahah :D if ur important u dont need speed ppl will wait :P

WWJAI
09-27-2006, 11:34 PM
i'd definitely go for show as i've never been the type for only power.

CivicTunr
09-27-2006, 11:35 PM
its easier to fix a engine, rather than to fix the body of a 89 volks,

drop a engine

Vs

fix rust, prime, paint.

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-27-2006, 11:36 PM
So you have the money to drop a Ferrari engine? lets see it then

Redlyne_mr2
09-27-2006, 11:37 PM
Fast in what? Corners, straights, drift, rally? Nothing better then a well prepped race car that looks like its been to hell and back. Im not a fan of piece of shit cars that are fast in the 1/4 mile but suck at everything else though. And I would never want some flashy as car that cant perform.

ga16i
09-27-2006, 11:37 PM
gotta look good for the ladies for sure! When are you actually going to use all that power anyway? Much cheaper to pay tickets for looking ridiculously good than tickets for going fast :bigpimp:

M_K_3
09-27-2006, 11:42 PM
ur tellin me u will race a ferrari? noooooooooo...

haha so even if u have a 1.6L i dont think anyone would race u haha its a ferrari man come on

s3v3n
09-27-2006, 11:42 PM
powah!
nothin worse than a pimped out fast looking car that doesnt have the power to back it up.

i have much more respect for something that doesnt look like much but is able to completely surprise me.

granted, this is coming from somebody whos car has neither hahah

M_K_3
09-27-2006, 11:50 PM
i got the looks and not the speed... maybe thats why i went for the show one... but still some sleepers are ok but to much speed os gay

sh0ko
09-28-2006, 12:40 AM
u should b shot for starting this thread :guns: :guns: :guns:

ppl are gonna flame each other like nuts with whats better or not its like the viper vs zo6 thing hehe

simple as this: PERSONAL PREF.

max_boost
09-28-2006, 12:43 AM
I already have a lady. Looking good for the others will get me in trouble haha

I prefer Go now. Power is so addicting.

James
09-28-2006, 12:50 AM
I cant really choose... if i had to, id probably say go fast. With every other car ive had i guess i always did engine mods first( after stereo)...but now that i have a farely quick car to start with, i just want it to look good.....Yet i Say this as i am purchasing a new engine mod as we speak:nut:...contradicted myself already :D

SilverBoost
09-28-2006, 10:16 AM
I'd prefer the old car with the big power, but the old car would have to be mint. I don't want a 89 volks that looks like it should be dragged out into a field and shot. If the car looks new then I'll take it. Besides there are some crossover things on a performance car that will also make the car look good. e.g. suspension.

My car 'was' headed toward a show car a few years ago. Then I boosted it and said "fuck that". I also didn't want to have to spend 10k on a stereo system and trailer my car around just to win a car show.

Dooms_Bane
09-28-2006, 10:21 AM
POWER POWER POWER!!! LOL F-1 ALL THE
show cars... only attract attention from gold DiGGaHaaASSS
and Car STteEEallAAAAAasss lol...

i had this exact same arguement with my friend with
Auto VS manual.
would i take a manual 89 acord VS an automatic 1997 prelude.. something like that.. manual was alot better to drive haha

man i'd drive anything turbocharged at this point haha as long as it has more power :) than what i currently drive + suspension cuz rolling around on the roads is crazy with that much power

Tik-Tok
09-28-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm in the grey in between area.

I'll put it this way though... everytime I have the money to do some exterior mods I've wanted (like rims), the money goes into the engine instead. :D

Lex350
09-28-2006, 11:43 AM
grey area for mew too.

If we all just wanted more go than show we'd all be driving Neons...I mean SRT4's:D

(relax...just having some fun.):rofl:

TEAMFaint
09-28-2006, 11:52 AM
Whats wrong with looking go and going fast?

That's why I own a Toyota :thumbsup:

Orbie
09-28-2006, 12:17 PM
IMHO If I can't stand to look at or be in my car I sure as hell well never want to drive it or take care of it regardless of what's under the hood. Of course I'm speaking from a daily driver point of view, when on public roads are you ever going to be able to fully unleash a hot engine anyways. If I was racing it that's a different story, if it's possibly going to get smoked or trashed on the course why would I want to invest in making it look nice? Looks pretty bad to see a nice looking drift or autoX car with scuffs and pieces missing on the body and bumpers.

topmade
09-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Grey for me too. I like show, but sucks to be zipping in and out of traffic and get pwned at the lights by a senior citizen driving a automatic. But of course who wants to drive a POS, but can do a 10sec 1/4.

A mix of both would be the best, a good looking car that can do 11-12 sec pass on the 1/4 mile.

AllGoNoShow
09-28-2006, 12:21 PM
Both for me :)

In my mind:

No point in looking good if you can't keep up witht he next best looking car *Remember everyones car is always second to yours*

No point in haulin ass and going quick if you can't show you've put your time and effort into it to just any citizen. Sure entusiast can tell different sounds and notes and tell who has done work and not when they may behauling ass down the street. But if you can make any normal citizen in this city say wow nice car and its going quick, then BAM, thats where it is at :D

88CRX
09-28-2006, 12:26 PM
Both... no question.

nj2Type-S
09-28-2006, 12:49 PM
i voted for show.

reason being is that it doesn't matter how "fast" your car is, there's always going to be someone else who is faster. whereas if you go for show, it's your own personal style and even if they say "oh this car's better cuz it's got bigger rims and a better body kit blah blah". so what? it's your own preference. looks is subjective whereas speed is, well, either you're faster or he's faster.

besides, if it's your daily driver, what's the point of actually having an 11 second car on public roads?

of course if i had tons of money, the obvious answer is both...hehe...

Cornfed
09-28-2006, 12:50 PM
You need a good balance of both.

AllGoNoShow
09-28-2006, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
i voted for show.

reason being is that it doesn't matter how "fast" your car is, there's always going to be someone else who is faster. whereas if you go for show, it's your own personal style and even if they say "oh this car's better cuz it's got bigger rims and a better body kit blah blah". so what? it's your own preference. looks is subjective whereas speed is, well, either you're faster or he's faster.

besides, if it's your daily driver, what's the point of actually having an 11 second car on public roads?

of course if i had tons of money, the obvious answer is both...hehe...

But there is a difference between Go and Fastest if you ask me.

Go means the car is fast enough for you, yourself and thats it. It doesn't matter how fast the car next to you is because Show is your taste and Go is your taste.

Now Show vs. Fastest is a different story. Your always looking for osmeone faster to crumble and beat and make your ride quicker.

HRD2PLZ
09-28-2006, 01:30 PM
hmmm tough question...

I love having a V8 engine (not that my suv is fast by ANY stretch of the imagination)... but its nice to have a little power. I had an Acura EL years ago, and that thing was weak! :thumbsdow
So, if I had to choose, I would go for show. I am all about the show. What's the point of riding around looking all ghetto? ;)

l8braker
09-28-2006, 01:54 PM
Go! I'd rather roll up to a set of lights in a sleeper and show them how fast my car is rather than how much it shines. With a go car, generally i'm not too concerned about accidents, or dings, chips.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-28-2006, 01:55 PM
A lot of people are missing the point of this thread. Of course you'd rather have both, that's obvious. The question was which you'd rather have if you couldn't have both.

I'd rather have performance. I'd rather spend my money making myself happy than trying to impress random bystanders.

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-28-2006, 02:06 PM
Thank you... first post... you can't have both, which would you rather have? I'd want a sleeper... Like it doesn't NEED to be an ugly POS, but just not one thats out of the ordinary

nj2Type-S
09-28-2006, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
Go! I'd rather roll up to a set of lights in a sleeper and show them how fast my car is rather than how much it shines. With a go car, generally i'm not too concerned about accidents, or dings, chips.

that's actually very true...about not being worried about accidents or dings or rock chips...*sigh* makes me wish my 1988 sentra xe haha...

JordanEG6
09-28-2006, 02:15 PM
If i could only have 1, i'd choose GO

Lo)2enz0
09-28-2006, 02:26 PM
thats hard for me, cause i like nice seats, and for the car to look good. hey mine is like 80% body and 20 % engine...or 50/50

ahh to hard to choose...lets say style because there is nothing like lookin baller on tenzo R's

Shoebox//Racer
09-28-2006, 02:42 PM
Looks for sure... If you are important... People will wait for you.....

no one waits for me.... :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :cry: :cry: :cry:

gpomp
09-28-2006, 02:45 PM
i voted for show.

canadianskyline
09-28-2006, 02:49 PM
Haha beyond is 42% ricers........:thumbsdow

Sprinter
09-28-2006, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by M_K_3
ur tellin me u will race a ferrari? noooooooooo...

haha so even if u have a 1.6L i dont think anyone would race u haha its a ferrari man come on

:werd:

Its psychological, everyone would be intimidated by a ferrari

SILVIA.K
09-28-2006, 03:51 PM
I will just buy a supra.:guns:guns:

mard
09-28-2006, 03:59 PM
another way of putting it if your single is ..

nice car even though its slow aslong as you get the ladies and u know thats not all you be getting...

but if you chose the crap car with speed and cant get no lady then i guess its back to ur working hands...

but to think about it it may go both ways i guess. but chances are u get more girls with the look of ur car rather than the speed...

then again i could be wrong you could get more girls by the speed and not by the looks...

interesting

:dunno:

adam c
09-28-2006, 04:02 PM
i would have to go with show..
theres no real point in having a fast car unless u live in germany..

so what.. u have 600billion whp.. u can still only go a max of 110 in alberta

mard
09-28-2006, 04:02 PM
most ladies like to go fast dont they soo lets go wit GO :burnout: and when ur done then u can SHOW ;)

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-28-2006, 04:47 PM
K, now how many of you would of voted go if i hadn't mentioned ladies? :D

zain123
09-28-2006, 05:04 PM
Definately go but...my car has neither :(

2+2=?
09-28-2006, 08:22 PM
I'd go with the VW,
Just cause i love to flip the bird at guys in ferraris
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dino_martini
09-28-2006, 10:10 PM
Dude, I would rather have a fast car. But honestly, if the car looked like crap..whats the point? I would have both, honestly I would have like a Corvette Z06 or Lamborghini Murcielago LP640 for going mega fast, and then like a Bentley Continental GT or Mercedes SL600 for just cruising around.

slammed_cb7
09-28-2006, 11:03 PM
Originally posted by M_K_3
to much speed os gay

Please tell me you are kidding

euro_racer
09-28-2006, 11:44 PM
id say show with moderate go...reason being is because if you go with show your goal, your style is much easier to obtain $ wise than if you go with go. when you go with show you would usually know when to stop investing, where as with go you just want more and more and more. If you also look at competition wise with show you compete with your own taste (to me car shows dont really matter as long as you are happy with your car, its all about personal prefrence IMO) and you win when you think it looks the way you want it to look (this does not count if you have some crazy show one-off project goal/dream idea with tv's under the car and in the engine bay and pimp rug type of thing), but for go on the other hand someone will most likely allways be faster than you.

so i say show with a bit of go because it blows being the guy with the ugly car that the girls dont wanna ride in and it blows being the guy in your group of friends with a not so stock looking car that gets owned by your friends stock car haha

ZorroAMG
09-29-2006, 09:58 AM
I gots both, don't need to choose :D

gpomp
09-29-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
A lot of people are missing the point of this thread. Of course you'd rather have both, that's obvious. The question was which you'd rather have if you couldn't have both.

soupey
09-29-2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by TEAMFaint
Whats wrong with looking go and going fast?

That's why I own a Toyota :thumbsup:

:werd:

CAMRY 4DR-FURY-POWUH :burnout: :love:
:rofl:

jdm_eg6
09-29-2006, 01:42 PM
powah!
nothin worse than a pimped out fast looking car that doesnt have the power to back it up.

i have much more respect for something that doesnt look like much but is able to completely surprise me.

granted, this is coming from somebody whos car has neither hahah

You can still be suprised by a Ferrari that is slower than a Civic, but just in a different way... :poosie: