PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Designs

Chris101
09-28-2006, 12:41 AM
Does anyone have any experience with tattoo shops in Calgary and the designing of custom tattoos? I have read a number of threads on here recommending various shops but none of them have really touched upon designing.

I have an idea for a tattoo I want to get, using some items left behind by my grandparents, and I am wondering where the best place would be to go for the design/tattoo. Any help would be superrrrrrrb.

Thanks,
Chris

Kirbs17
09-28-2006, 12:48 AM
I'd suggest going into Smilling Buddha, or another shop, and sit down and talk to them about what you want, see what they come up with.

Chris101
09-28-2006, 12:57 AM
cool thanx.

I havent heard anything negative about them yet so ill probly go check em out :thumbsup:

mazda_maniac
09-28-2006, 01:15 AM
Smiling buddha has lost key artists. The main place I would say now would be Strange World. I believe they have some of the best artists in calgary all under one roof. They're on crowfoot somewhere..... not sure where... one artist was from immaculate concepts... owner.. another from eternal image also was the owner and one from hide and seek and she was also the owner of that shop... they collaborated and it's a mean team. They're all wicked....

dodger97
09-28-2006, 02:07 AM
Iron Will...I have heard great things about the artistry and design as well as the cleanliness. They are located in Southland Crossing.

Mibz
09-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Steve at Iron Will designed my back work. Spend $20 and he'll draw it until it's right for you. It took a few tries to nail mine but I'm extremely happy with the results.

Now I just have to save another $400 to finish it!

Lt247
11-14-2006, 01:42 AM
I highly Recommend Strange World. I had an initial idea of my tattoo thought up in my head, handed it over to them. and the final product.. (at bottom, its a thumbnail, it gets larger)
the tattoo isn't quite done. i was bleeding to much so we had to stop, i have to go back for some touch ups and detailing on the rope. but you get the general idea :)

For the other tattoos i plan on getting, i am going back to Strange World.

http://img14.imagevenue.com/loc455/th_90068_mytat_122_455lo.jpg (http://img14.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=90068_mytat_122_455lo.jpg)

Strange World is located In crowhild Crossing i believe,, either way at the 53rd turn off, its on the opposite side of Dalhousie station,.. you can train it their as well.

wildkarrde
11-14-2006, 10:53 AM
James Tex at deadly Tattoos.

www.deadlytattoos.com

Loooooong waiting list though.

That.Guy.S30
11-14-2006, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Chris101
Does anyone have any experience with tattoo shops in Calgary and the designing of custom tattoos? I have read a number of threads on here recommending various shops but none of them have really touched upon designing.

I have an idea for a tattoo I want to get, using some items left behind by my grandparents, and I am wondering where the best place would be to go for the design/tattoo. Any help would be superrrrrrrb.

Thanks,
Chris

its better when you let the artist design it. grab all the pictures, designs etc and you tell him what to do. from there on they will help you design it to make it look like what you want. obvisouly your paying them not only to ink but to help in the deisgn process.

there are plenty of good artists in town and plenty of good shops. if it was really important to you, i would ask that you do not cheap out on the price, as you do get what you pay for. dont go to the cheap/shady tattoo places.

here are some good shops mentioned before

bushido
deadly tattoos (james tex/bushido)
smilin buddha
immaculate conception
strange world
etc..

cheers and good luck!

celica girl
11-20-2006, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by wildkarrde
James Tex at deadly Tattoos.