PDA

View Full Version : ANL Fuse - Where To Get One?

n0torious
09-28-2006, 09:45 AM
Hey all!

I have 2 ANL fuses on the fuse block for my stereo system. We were hooking it up last night and I blew both. I need to buy some more but I have no clue where to get them. Any ideas?

http://www.boatelectric.com/Fuses.htm

Take a look at that site. Scroll down half way to see an ANL fuse. Let me know. Thanks!

spike98
09-28-2006, 09:59 AM
Visions, future shop, sound surround, and pretty much ANY place that sells car audio.

f150mikey060
09-28-2006, 12:20 PM
or try all start on Macleod trail next to hooters. they carry them...probably alot cheaper then visions etc.

107 46 Ave. SW
(Macleod Trail & 46th Ave.)

Jonathan@TCS
09-28-2006, 09:12 PM
We have them at THE CAR SALON, what amperage are you looking for?

n0torious
09-29-2006, 08:15 AM
Hey,

Thanks guys. You have them at the Car Salon? Perfect. I belive I need 150 Amp ... I belive thats the correct amprage for the system.

However last night I completley fried the power wire on my system. I have a feeling it got crimped and grounded out somewhere... Has anyone had this happen to them? Thanks.

Supa Dexta
09-29-2006, 08:53 PM
Did the wire go up in smoke, or did you just pop the fuse right away?

Be sure to ask for anl lube to put those fuses in....

n0torious
09-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Did the wire go up in smoke, or did you just pop the fuse right away?

Be sure to ask for anl lube to put those fuses in....

The wire just went up in smoke. Fried from front to back. Actually it stopped just before my amps?

Supa Dexta
09-30-2006, 10:01 PM
lucky the car didn't burn.. the nick in the wire may be right where the burning stopped, either way the wire is junk now... And why don't you have an inline fuse? there should be one within 18inches of the battery, the closer the better, to prevent this from happening again, or worse...

n0torious
10-01-2006, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
lucky the car didn't burn.. the nick in the wire may be right where the burning stopped, either way the wire is junk now... And why don't you have an inline fuse? there should be one within 18inches of the battery, the closer the better, to prevent this from happening again, or worse...

I had 2 fuses. We figured the wire got crimped somewhere. Anyway, we got it all worked out. Thanks again.