PDA

View Full Version : buying a new car

indep
09-28-2006, 04:18 PM
hey gentlemen,

i am trading in my mitusbishi eclipse 2003 rs, 38,000kms with ext warranty till 180,000kms or 5 years and i want to know what a good trade in value would be for that car?

now another question i had for more mature crowd is i want to trade in for a family car, not really a show or sports car something to drive the family around ( yeh got kids now :thumbsdow ) so i was lookin at cars and i found:

altima 2006 2.5s for 18,800 with 46000kms

do you guys think it's a good car ? i read reviews that it's very noisy anyone got a hint or two ?

thanks a bunch for the time

cheers,

Mitsu3000gt
09-29-2006, 10:41 AM
First of all, NEVER trade in your car as you will be bent over and given a ridiculously low price for the vehicle. Sell it privately for sure.

Secondly, we can help you alot more with a family car choice if you tell us your price range, and how old your willing to go.

aram1000
09-29-2006, 10:44 AM
to get an idea of trade in value for your car go to www.toyota.ca, they have a link on their site to the canadian blackbook site, i think the link you click is appraise your trade in, here, u can put in info for you car and it will give you a good idea of what a dealer would give u on a trade, as for the altima, i hear good things, but have never driven one, my dad test drove a mazda 6 and he loved it, accords and camry's are always solid too, good luck with the search

aram1000
09-29-2006, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
First of all, NEVER trade in your car as you will be bent over and given a ridiculously low price for the vehicle. Sell it privately for sure.

agreed, private sale will always get you more money, but at the same time as to my comment above, never hurts to get an idea of what the trade in value of your car is

Anton
09-29-2006, 11:00 AM
My black book on it is $9,500-$10,000. I don't know what the retail on them is but I figure around mid to high teens.

The only way to get a good trade in dollar for your car is not get suckered into the whole "you're only paying the difference so it doesn't matter what we give for yours and what we sell ours for, you're only paying the difference".. negotiate the trade in separately and the price of the car you're buying separately. Also, don't mention a trade until you bargained the price down of the vehicle that you're buying.

Remember, they are a business and as a business they have to make money so expect them giving you somewhere around $2,000 under the retail value of your Eclipse.

Good luck shopping

tapout
09-29-2006, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt

Secondly, we can help you alot more with a family car choice if you tell us your price range, and how old your willing to go. :werd: mazda mx6 are nice 4door cars

rc2002
09-29-2006, 12:24 PM
1.) Don't trade in your car to the dealership unless you like to give your money away for free

2.) Don't believe to what you've "heard" about cars. Go test drive them yourself and see firsthand.

yellowsnow
09-29-2006, 01:47 PM
I think you should sell it around $5000 above black book value. check autotrader.ca and see how much others are selling their cars for.

indep
09-29-2006, 11:51 PM
hey guys thanks a lot for your replies

my budget is around 16,000-22,000

i really want a standard car instead of an automatic

about the trade in, i know those guys will try to rip me off but the problem is that i really don't have the time to sell it privately.

any advice on how to work those salesmen to make sur ei get best deal

thanks again

cheers

Palmiros
09-29-2006, 11:59 PM
no problem. for a small charge i'll sell it for you.
laugh all you want, but i'd do it ;):bigpimp: