PDA

View Full Version : BUyIng on Ebay

94CoRd
04-28-2003, 05:05 PM
What do u think about buying car stuff from ebay?..in my case coilovers...er i am at least thinking about it....good idea?, bad idea?

thnx:thumbsup:

98type_r
04-29-2003, 02:21 PM
there's a lot of generic knock-offs on ebay, just make sure you know what you're buying

kevie88
04-29-2003, 03:11 PM
yep, make sure the guy has good feedback (and lots of it too)

Glowrider
04-29-2003, 03:21 PM
If the persons feedback is anything less than 95% positive, I won't buy from them. I buy stuff off of EBay all the time and have been satisfied everytime except for once. I ordered a case of paintballs, and the jackasses that shipped them didn't think that paintballs needed any sort of cushioning. A shitload of them broke and got paint on all the other ones, rendering the full count of 2000 rounds useless.

Other than that, EBay kicks ass :)

98type_r
04-30-2003, 09:16 AM
another thing you want to keep in mind is the extra customs/duty charges that will be added on stuff coming from south of the border.

CRX crazy
04-30-2003, 01:01 PM
just do the exchange math and it should be good, i got my projection headlights off of ebay and it was still cheaper even after shipping and exchange. Do make sure your seller has good feedback, and spend the three dollars on the insurance it's worth it, my friend got scamed but he got all his money back because of it.

EternalRage
04-30-2003, 08:41 PM
Ebay is a great too for getting a deal, but you have to check out the seller, make sure they have good feedback, or if they have little feedabck, give them a call, make sure you are confortable with them,

i have used ebay lots, and it has been all good experiences.

eclipse2000
05-09-2003, 09:51 AM
buyin parts off ebay s just about the worse idea ever. none of those people are dealers for those parts and everyone of them do not have a warrenty with them, buy some neon tubes and expect to buy new ones when they break, my roomate bought a alpine head unti off there and now hes screwed cuz the face stopped working, its gonna cost him the same amount he paid for it to get it replaced, i bought an alpine amp off there and have had it sent back twice, the first time was 300 to get it fixed, i only paid 400 for the amp. if u get ripped off and they dont send the product tough luck, ive had that happen to me before too, ebay does nothing abou those people. ive had one to many bad experiences with ebay and its only a matter of time till u do 2

Ben
05-09-2003, 09:52 AM
how about doing a search on this forum for "ebay" because ther are at least 10. lots of great info and feedback.

ChronicDex
05-10-2003, 01:27 AM
yeah I'm thinking of head lights too ut I'm not so sure with ebay....