PDA

View Full Version : Automatic stalling? 325i

el_fefes
09-28-2006, 04:41 PM
Hey, so my automatic BMW stalls sometimes when I'm at a stoplight for example, or when I stop to reverse into my parking spot...Also when the car is stopped the revs go down and the car reacts (not to let the engine shut down?) and it revs up the engine up to about 1.2k so if it's in D the car jerks forward...

I recently changed sparplugs and air filter...any idea what it could be?

I shoudl've posted in this section to begin with.

97'Scort
09-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Sometimes that can mean your air/fuel mix is too rich or too lean. I don't know if that car has a fuel filter on it (it should) but you might want to check that. Your chip is obviously trying to compensate for something at low RPM.

The other option could be your fuel injectors need a clean, but it could be any number of things.

GT4rally
09-30-2006, 06:34 PM
Try some good injector cleaner, then;
-Check plug wires and check for oil in spark plug holes (also check coil connectors, since you just changed the plugs).
-Fuel filter (should be done anyway)
-Fuel pump relay (there's a write up on most DIY sites)
-Fuel pump (last resort, but is a common problem on the E36)

el_fefes
09-30-2006, 07:07 PM
^Thank you. I'll try that. I've heard it could also be a dirty/faulty Idle Contrlol Valve.

The weird thing is that the CEL is not on!

j0nblayz
10-02-2006, 08:48 AM
heres a link to how to clean your icv

Cleaning ICV (http://www.unitedbimmer.com/kb-e36-icvcleaning.php)

GT4rally
10-02-2006, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by el_fefes
^Thank you. I'll try that. I've heard it could also be a dirty/faulty Idle Contrlol Valve.

The weird thing is that the CEL is not on!

Also, could be a dirty or faulty Crank Position Sensor (also a common E36 problem). This can also be found on almost any DIY site (try Pelican Parts).

el_fefes
10-16-2006, 09:55 PM
Turns out the MAF is garbage...$770 from BMW. Ouch...there's a wrecked bimmer that might donate its MAF tho we'll see.