PDA

View Full Version : Blue Jean Questions

Pages : [1] 2

thinmyster
09-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Hey guys so yesterday I decided to go out to holt and get a nice couple pair of jeans:
1 pair of diesels 350
1 pair of rocks 315
Up to this point i had mainly bought all my jeans at guess 100-200 so it was relatively new experience. Anyways...

1)Are these normal prices? higher than normal ie. Holt generally more expensive than say leo, enzeki, underground, urban etc

2)and can you return stuff from holt cause they pulled all the tags when i bought them? :D (may be having second thoughts after my impulse buy)

3)what places have a good selection of jeans?

4)Top 5 makes and models of jeans?

BlackArcher101
09-28-2006, 10:22 PM
Holy frack! I never knew people actually paid those prices. :nut:

saiyajin
09-28-2006, 10:25 PM
those are pretty expensive for diesels what style did you get? is this after tax?
theyre usually around 200-300 for diesels and rocks IIRC
i usually buy sevens and they are typically around 250-300

Scottie403
09-28-2006, 10:32 PM
wranglers $25 at walmart! :thumbsup:

t-im
09-28-2006, 10:34 PM
No, alot of Diesels cost that much....

Umm, I noticed that Holt in that one mens section started ripping all the tags off..I thought it was kinda odd but then I never returned anything they did that to so it was ok..

It should be ok to return as long as you really didn't do anything to them and stuff..

Holt prices are pretty similar to other prices for jeans...and at least if they don't have a size there they'll bring one in for you.

spyce
09-28-2006, 10:40 PM
I think those prices are about right. I dont think Holt prices them any higher than they can be found at other stores from what Ive noticed

toyboy88
09-28-2006, 11:11 PM
ya about right usually rocks go for $250-350 depending on style and almost same with diesels. seven's are usually $220-300ish.

if u want to keep the color of your jeans longer..after u buy em BEFORE washing first time soak em in lukewarm water "bath" with lots of salt in with the water overnight. works well. :thumbsup:

scat19
09-28-2006, 11:33 PM
yeah holy fuck, you can look just as good in gap jeans haha

95EagleAWD
09-28-2006, 11:43 PM
665 bucks on jeans?!??!

I don't think I've spent that much on jeans in my whole life.

MWW rules for jeans... like 40 bucks.

665 bucks... that's a turbo, or a full exhaust...

thinmyster
09-28-2006, 11:55 PM
it came to 708 with tax :eek: im kinda regretting it but the fit great :)

Whats MWW and ive already got a full exhaust/turbo ;)

I also find that when i buy a pair of jeans because they are a "good price" or "on sale". They are usually on sale for a reason. shitty fade and shittier fit. Pay 60-100 bucks and they end up sitting in my closet.

BigDannyCool
09-29-2006, 01:48 AM
Originally posted by Scottie403
wranglers $25 at walmart! :thumbsup:

$25? i think not.

http://www.revolveclothing.com/brandpages/Wrangler.jsp

tylere
09-29-2006, 08:22 AM
That sounds about right. If you go to Leo check out Nudie jeans, I find I like them a lot better than Diesel. They are around the same price as well.

VWhooligan
09-29-2006, 08:23 AM
I've returned stuff to Holt after removing the tags no prob, just keep your receipt.

HRD2PLZ
09-29-2006, 08:28 AM
Like others have said, that looks about right for jeans.

Holt is pretty good for taking products back as long as you have the receipt.

I used to HATE jeans, after I got my first 2 pairs of Seven's (apparently buying 1 pair to start wasn't good enough) and I loved them so much I bougth 2 more pairs :D

Top brands would probably be subjective... Citizens, Sevens, True Religions, Rock 'n Republics, Nudie's, etc are all pretty common.

VW02
09-29-2006, 08:44 AM
yea i bought a pair of diesels for 350 at vireo in marketmall as well as a pair of energies for 250. You didnt get ripped off, actually sort of cause if you really think about its just a pair of jeans for 350....

bulaian
09-29-2006, 08:46 AM
1) The prices are normal... premium denim will usually run about the same prices anywhere you go, if they are the same style. Diesels may be as cheap as 250 or so and as high as 375, I've found. Rocks will start at around 265 and be as high as 425 I've found.

2) Yes, with the receipt, unwashed

3) Brooklyn in Kensington has a very nice variety of men's jeans: rocks, paper denim, earnest sewn, diesel, JL, nudies, antik. Urban in TD has tons of diesels, some TR and Rocks. Pusch in marketmall has tons of rocks, some coh and evisu I think.

4) My top 5 would be, in no particular order:
Rock & Republic, True Religion, Antik Denim, Diesel, citizens of humanity

TimG
09-29-2006, 08:51 AM
IMHO spending that much coin on a pair of jeans is retarded.

why don't you leave the price tags on and display the tags when you go out so everyone can see how much you paid for your pants.

bulaian
09-29-2006, 09:16 AM
well nobody asked for your opinion, he asked specific questions and wanted specific answers.

no need to be a condescending dick just because you don't like designer denim jeans.

steverules
09-29-2006, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by toyboy88
ya about right usually rocks go for $250-350 depending on style and almost same with diesels. seven's are usually $220-300ish.

if u want to keep the color of your jeans longer..after u buy em BEFORE washing first time soak em in lukewarm water "bath" with lots of salt in with the water overnight. works well. :thumbsup:

Vineger works as well, do your first wash with a tablespoon of vinger helps hold the color!

pinoyhero
09-29-2006, 09:30 AM
I once said that regardless of how much money I made I would never spend that much on jeans. Then my girl convinced me to but a pair and I found that you get what you pay for. I would rather have 3 pairs of rally great jeans than an unlimited amount of mediocre ones.

saiyajin
09-29-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by HRD2PLZ
Like others have said, that looks about right for jeans.

Holt is pretty good for taking products back as long as you have the receipt.

I used to HATE jeans, after I got my first 2 pairs of Seven's (apparently buying 1 pair to start wasn't good enough) and I loved them so much I bougth 2 more pairs :D

Top brands would probably be subjective... Citizens, Sevens, True Religions, Rock 'n Republics, Nudie's, etc are all pretty common.

:werd: got myself 4 pairs
IMO though Citizens arent worth the price theyre a little stiffer not as comfy than the sevens im used to

spyce
09-29-2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by saiyajin

:werd: got myself 4 pairs
IMO though Citizens arent worth the price theyre a little stiffer not as comfy than the sevens im used to

lol I thought that too. i got a lighter wash for my first pair of citizens and they are stiff
thought i would try my luck again and got a dark wash this time. they are so comfy! my favorite pair of jeans right now :D

saiyajin
09-29-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by spyce

lol I thought that too. i got a lighter wash for my first pair of citizens and they are stiff
thought i would try my luck again and got a dark wash this time. they are so comfy! my favorite pair of jeans right now :D

hmm weird i got a darker wash and its stiff hah guess i try a lighter pair and we'll see :rofl:

?????
09-29-2006, 09:53 AM
If you guys want softer jeans i would go with paper denim or earnest sewn.

3G
09-29-2006, 09:55 AM
Buffalo Jeans FTW

bulaian
09-29-2006, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by ?????
If you guys want softer jeans i would go with paper denim or earnest sewn.

Yeah, those are definately the softest denim. Some se7ens are pretty soft too.

TimG
09-29-2006, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by bulaian
well nobody asked for your opinion, he asked specific questions and wanted specific answers.

no need to be a condescending dick just because you don't like designer denim jeans.

pardon me, but I see no difference between this thread and posting in the fitness forum

"hey guys, i just benched 250 lbs. is this the average weight that you guys can bench?"

or

"my penis is 9 inches long, is this too much?"

and for the record, i never said that i didn't like designer denim jeans, i just said that paying that much for jeans is retarded.

thinmyster
09-29-2006, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by TimG

pardon me, but I see no difference between this thread and posting in the fitness forum

"hey guys, i just benched 250 lbs. is this the average weight that you guys can bench?"

or

"my penis is 9 inches long, is this too much?"

and for the record, i never said that i didn't like designer denim jeans, i just said that paying that much for jeans is retarded.

Thats why i posted... too see where to get the best jeans for the best price. shitty fitting clothes can be found anywhere. I posted this thread so i can SAVE money next time without sacrificing quality. just looking for facts/opinions not arguments. If i could find the pairs of the pants i just purchased (for 50 bones) id be all over it.

heinz256
09-29-2006, 11:12 AM
winners FTW!

bulaian
09-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by thinmyster

Thats why i posted... too see where to get the best jeans for the best price. shitty fitting clothes can be found anywhere. I posted this thread so i can SAVE money next time without sacrificing quality. just looking for facts/opinions not arguments. If i could find the pairs of the pants i just purchased (for 50 bones) id be all over it.

If you don't mind buying online or eBay, PM me for some seller's stores and sites that don't kill you for shpping to Canada.

Justing
09-29-2006, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by TimG
why don't you leave the price tags on and display the tags when you go out so everyone can see how much you paid for your pants.

Thats why jeans have labels;)

Anton
09-29-2006, 11:59 AM
Yea, that's normal pricing.

I don't agree that cheaper jeans fit and look just as good as some of the more expensive ones. I'm a cheap fuck but when it comes to clothes or cars I don't cheap out, however, I shop A LOT. Best fit and look for me were Sevens.

I especially find that darker wash jeans from pricier brands look better. :dunno:

infected
09-29-2006, 12:43 PM
You get what you pay for. I bought a pair of Rocks to see for myself what was so special about brand name jeans and now I'm HOOKED!! :cry:
I feel it's totally worth it though. As mentioned above, I'd rather have a couple pairs of brand name denim than an unlimited supply of cheap brands.

thinmyster
09-29-2006, 12:44 PM

If you don't mind buying online or eBay, PM me for some seller's stores and sites that don't kill you for shpping to Canada.

ebay = fake = bad quality. (Not in it just for the label) also your not able to try them on. i range from a 30-32 waist so theres no point dropping 100 on a pair that dont fit good.

oh and winners has the worst jeans tapered ftl

szw
09-29-2006, 01:13 PM

ebay = fake = bad quality. (Not in it just for the label) also your not able to try them on. i range from a 30-32 waist so theres no point dropping 100 on a pair that dont fit good.

Winners sometimes has decent diesel and other brand named jeans however not very often, and not so much in Calgary.

?????
09-29-2006, 01:18 PM

Thats not true man. You just gotta know who to buy from on ebay and know how to look and tell the differences. If the price is too good to be true then its most likely fake. You can find real ones that are a bit more pricey but it might still be cheaper then the stores by quite a bit.

bulaian
09-29-2006, 01:39 PM

Thats not true man. You just gotta know who to buy from on ebay and know how to look and tell the differences. If the price is too good to be true then its most likely fake. You can find real ones that are a bit more pricey but it might still be cheaper then the stores by quite a bit.

Exactly... there's a few ebay sellers and stores that have Authentic premium jeans, most are pretty hard to find thoguh since there are so many more fakes out there.

Dehvee
09-29-2006, 01:53 PM

Exactly... there's a few ebay sellers and stores that have Authentic premium jeans, most are pretty hard to find thoguh since there are so many more fakes out there.

Word I've bought 2 pairs of jeans from ebay myself... 100% authentic. If you're not sure if its authentic or not go to www.honestforum.com (http://www.honestforum.com)
These people will help you authenticate the jeans for you... they're all brand whores lol

Heres a few users on ebay who sell designer jeans:
dailydenim
intrend05
stonechateau
thiefclothes

:thumbsup:

GingeRRRBeef
09-29-2006, 02:03 PM
I used to be one of those guys who thought paying a whole bunch of $$$ for jeans is totally retarded. My old jeans collection consisted of "Gap"

But to be completely honest, girls notice what kind of jeans you were. We might think they're all the same. But apparently to them, it's a whole different experience. Ostensibly, wearing a "nice" pair of jeans can make you a whole lot hotter.

t-im
09-29-2006, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV
But to be completely honest, girls notice what kind of jeans you were. We might think they're all the same. But apparently to them, it's a whole different experience. Ostensibly, wearing a "nice" pair of jeans can make you a whole lot hotter.

So you buy a certain type of clothes just so girls will notice you?

and my tip is if you want cheap designer jeans, buy them in the States.

trikypenguin
09-29-2006, 02:09 PM
rock n republic all the way, gotta go out and buy a new pair soon

GingeRRRBeef
09-29-2006, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by t-im

So you buy a certain type of clothes just so girls will notice you?

and my tip is if you want cheap designer jeans, buy them in the States.

Yes and no because isn't wearing nice clothes the same thing as drive a nice car or having muscles?

Anton
09-29-2006, 02:15 PM
I used to be one of those guys who thought paying a whole bunch of $$$ for jeans is totally retarded. My old jeans collection consisted of "Gap"

Every brand has a distinctive stitch on the rear pockets. The girls study them..lol

Barrington
i work at underground and those prices are pretty normal for diesel jeans, in the last season these jeans have jumped in pricepoint.. the cheapest pair we have is like 265 or 275.. most expensive being 475 so go figure..

t-im

Yes and not because isn't wearing nice clothes the same thing as drive a nice car or having muscles?

I don't drive a BMW or wear "nice" clothes to impress people. I drive a BMW because I like it. Same with clothes.

GingeRRRBeef
09-29-2006, 02:18 PM

I don't drive a BMW or wear "nice" clothes to impress people. I drive a BMW because I like it. Same with clothes.

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you. Believe it or not, it's actually the other way around. You like BMWs and nice clothes because other ppl like BMWs and nice clothes.

GingeRRRBeef
09-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Originally posted by Anton

Every brand has a distinctive stitch on the rear pockets. The girls study them..lol

Until my girlfriend pointed it out, I was absolutely ignorant to designer jeans. I actually officially blame it on her that I've spent so much money on jeans. I tell her that since I have to spend X amount of dollars on jeans now, I have -X amount of dollars to spend on her.:D

GingeRRRBeef
09-29-2006, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by Barrington
i work at underground and those prices are pretty normal for diesel jeans, in the last season these jeans have jumped in pricepoint.. the cheapest pair we have is like 265 or 275.. most expensive being 475 so go figure..

I remember back in high school ... circa late 90s ... a pair of diesel jeans were $150 and they were considered bloody expensive.

t-im
09-29-2006, 02:30 PM

I'm gonna have to go ahead and disagree with you. Believe it or not, it's actually the other way around. You like BMWs and nice clothes because other ppl like BMWs and nice clothes.

Nice generalization but sorry, doesn't apply to me. I dont' wear 7's for the sake of wearing 7's. In fact, I don't even wear 7's anymore. The jeans I wear, most people don't even know what they are because the back pocket stitching is barely noticeable. Not that I care anyways, because i'm more interested in the fit and feel of them.

You sound like the type of guy who would buy a C-Class just so you could tell people you have a Benz and think you could pick up girls with one.

Anton
09-29-2006, 02:31 PM

Until my girlfriend pointed it out, I was absolutely ignorant to designer jeans. I actually officially blame it on her that I've spent so much money on jeans. I tell her that since I have to spend X amount of dollars on jeans now, I have -X amount of dollars to spend on her.:D

Haha nice! I figure, clothes you wear all the time and you drive your car all the time. Might as well have something nice...mind you, I drive a POS Volvo at the moment haha.

QuasarCav
09-29-2006, 02:35 PM
My last pair of jeans was $29.99,

Just thought I throw that out there, The ladies appreciate my frugality.

asuth077
09-29-2006, 02:41 PM

If you wore expensive jeans so girls would notice, couldn't you stop since you have a girl friend now? (assuming your faithful of course)

I mean if she did leave you over your jeans that would be pretty shallow and would you want to date her if thats the case?

GingeRRRBeef
09-29-2006, 02:50 PM

Nice generalization but sorry, doesn't apply to me. I dont' wear 7's for the sake of wearing 7's. In fact, I don't even wear 7's anymore. The jeans I wear, most people don't even know what they are because the back pocket stitching is barely noticeable. Not that I care anyways, because i'm more interested in the fit and feel of them.

You sound like the type of guy who would buy a C-Class just so you could tell people you have a Benz and think you could pick up girls with one.

Sure I could see how it "sounds" like I'm one of those guys, there's pretty much no point telling you I'm not and it really doesn't matter anyways.

But bottom line is what people do, how people act and how they perceive themselves is a direct result of how they see other people see themselves. Sure, there are always exceptions to every rule. But I'm talking about "in general" here. You could argue that's not the case but these are psychological and socialogical topics. You know, academics!

So! If you feel that everything you do are only for you and no one else, then kudos to do. You are your own independent person without the sways of outside influences.

Don't be so quick to assume, especially on the Internet. Using just a few words of mine, you e-judged me based on your e-stereotypes. Did you know that by doing that you've tried to make you feel good about yourself? You feel good because you think you're at a higher moral stance than I am. You think you're better than me. It's funny though because the average person thinks they're better than everyone. But if the average person think they're better than what's really average?

GingeRRRBeef
09-29-2006, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by asuth077

If you wore expensive jeans so girls would notice, couldn't you stop since you have a girl friend now? (assuming your faithful of course)

I mean if she did leave you over your jeans that would be pretty shallow and would you want to date her if thats the case?

True and I was waiting for someone to bring this point up. So my rebuttal is this. It's that the nice jeans are really nice and the quality and fit are higher than the "cheaper brands." And who's to say that I'm gonna stay with this one forever? Gotta keep up and stay fit because things will start go down hill once you start letting yourself go. Yes it's cynical but it's also keeping it real.

asuth077
09-29-2006, 02:54 PM

True and I was waiting for someone to bring this point up. So my rebuttal is this. It's that the nice jeans are really nice and the quality and fit are higher than the "cheaper brands." And who's to say that I'm gonna stay with this one forever? Gotta keep up and stay fit because things will start go down hill once you start letting yourself go. Yes it's cynical but it's also keeping it real.

I accept this statement, just wanted to make sure you had another reason.

t-im
09-29-2006, 02:58 PM

Sure I could see how it "sounds" like I'm one of those guys, there's pretty much no point telling you I'm not and it really doesn't matter anyways.

But bottom line is what people do, how people act and how they perceive themselves is a direct result of how they see other people see themselves. Sure, there are always exceptions to every rule. But I'm talking about "in general" here. You could argue that's not the case but these are psychological and socialogical topics. You know, academics!

So! If you feel that everything you do are only for you and no one else, then kudos to do. You are your own independent person without the sways of outside influences.

Don't be so quick to assume, especially on the Internet. Using just a few words of mine, you e-judged me based on your e-stereotypes. Did you know that by doing that you've tried to make you feel good about yourself? You feel good because you think you're at a higher moral stance than I am. You think you're better than me. It's funny though because the average person thinks they're better than everyone. But if the average person think they're better than what's really average?

hahahah..i'm not here to start a flame war but that was quite the 'insightful' read.

and no, I don't think i'm better then you. You can go ahead and argue that I TOTALLY do think that..But then again I don't make statements like "I buy these jeans so girls will notice me!!!!!!!!!!! "

GingeRRRBeef
09-29-2006, 03:00 PM

hahahah..i'm not here to start a flame war but that was quite the 'insightful' read.

and no, I don't think i'm better then you. You can go ahead and argue that I TOTALLY do think that..But then again I don't make statements like "I buy these jeans so girls will notice me!!!!!!!!!!! "

nope no flame war here either ... if it was a flame war, I would have probably said "t-im likes bum seks!"

and now ... where did I say "I buy these jeans so girls will notice me!!!!!!!!!!! "

szw
09-29-2006, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Silver_SpecV I used to be one of those guys who thought paying a whole bunch of $$$ for jeans is totally retarded. My old jeans collection consisted of "Gap"

But to be completely honest, girls notice what kind of jeans you were. We might think they're all the same. But apparently to them, it's a whole different experience. Ostensibly, wearing a "nice" pair of jeans can make you a whole lot hotter. [/B]
You might not notice the difference until you actually try them on and wear them. It is very noticible, but up to you to decide if its worth the money or not.

Weapon_R
09-29-2006, 03:34 PM
Anyone who thinks that Walmart jeans compare to the premium brands is retarded. Buy one pair and its almost guaranteed that they will feel better, last longer and look better than any budget brand. Whether they are worth 4x the price, however, is debatable but its obvious people buy them.

DepTrotter
09-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
Anyone who thinks that Walmart jeans compare to the premium brands is retarded. Buy one pair and its almost guaranteed that they will feel better, last longer and look better than any budget brand. Whether they are worth 4x the price, however, is debatable but its obvious people buy them.

people buy branded jeans to conform.. diesel energie whatever those gay brands are are purchased by people to be like OMGHAZZZZZ i got diesel jeans yo.. and you'll always know cuz they'll tell you

im not saying i dont wear brand name jeans, because lets me honest i wear DIESEL AND GSUS YOH OMMGZHHHHHBBQ

wow. i dont know where i was going what the one

HRD2PLZ
09-29-2006, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by DepTrotter

people buy branded jeans to conform.. diesel energie whatever those gay brands are are purchased by people to be like OMGHAZZZZZ i got diesel jeans yo.. and you'll always know cuz they'll tell you

im not saying i dont wear brand name jeans, because lets me honest i wear DIESEL AND GSUS YOH OMMGZHHHHHBBQ

This happens with more than just jeans.

I am a believe in "You get what you pay for" and I like quality goods, so I pay for them.

We live in a material world. Deal with it :D

WWJAI
09-29-2006, 04:06 PM
When diesel jeans and stuff first became really popular when I was in high school and they were 150-200 dollars, i thought that was insane. Then i got around to having my first pair of diesel which i bought for $100(they were on clearance sale) and the quality of feeling of jeans was way better than previous cheap pairs i owned. I got around to having my first pair of sevens because my gf bought me one for my b-day and since then, nothing compares to expensive jeans. Its pretty much all i'm willing to buy even if it'll cost $200+ dollars but once i spend it, I always regret spending that much money on them but in the end, I guess its worth it.

?????
09-29-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by DepTrotter

That only happens with high school kids when they wear the same pair of jeans everyday.

dennisaur
09-29-2006, 04:46 PM
holy crap. apprently i'm the only one on this board not baller enough to easily drop 300 bucks on a pair of pants. for the price of that one, i could easily buy 3 pairs, and yes they fit nice and comfy too.

:dunno:

DepTrotter
09-29-2006, 04:57 PM

That only happens with high school kids when they wear the same pair of jeans everyday.

thats so totally emo

FiveFreshFish
09-29-2006, 05:10 PM
Another way to keep them looking newer is to turn them inside-out during washing and drying.

toyboy88
09-29-2006, 05:54 PM
personally...

rock's, seven's, paper denim, citizen's, and true religion...

toyboy88
09-29-2006, 05:57 PM

haha...just saw this post after my previous one...

there are SO many guys/gals at my school that drop like $350 on a pair of "nice" jeans and wear it every every single day... instead of buying like 3/4 pairs of buffalo, abercrombie, hollister, type kinda jeans instead :rofl:

theken
09-29-2006, 06:03 PM
ima touch large, they dont make really nice diesel jeans that fit my legs, waist no problem, manly fatty legs, big problem, i bought some jeans from bluenotes, 49.99 super nice jeans
I would wear more expensive jeans cause i make enough to afford them but i cant find any.

I think it really comes down to personal taste and affordability, if you make 10 bucks an hour jeans that are 425 bucks thats a whole work week to buy them, if u make 40 an hour its like a day, so why not buy what u can afford. no crime in looking nice.

Grip172
09-29-2006, 06:10 PM
i will never pay over $150 for jeans..my normal price is $100 or so

coste
09-29-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm a smaller guy, and honestly, if i goto Gap, you cant find a good pair of jeans ... I have like 4 pairs of diesels ... 2 paris of rocks, paper denim and cloth, and a pair of citizens, and i would never go back to anything chepaer then 50 bucks ... once you get the designer fit, your hooked for life.

Anypair of jeans chepaer then 300 is a DEAL in my books.

It has nothing to do with the name, it's all about fit. If gap can make a pair that fit like the RR's I have, then yeah, I'll be there in a second, but until then, I'll spend my 300+ at Pusch, Holt, and Underground.

I used to love diesel, but since Lindeberg left, their style has gone downhill. But their Zathan fit is still unreal, a little over priced I think compared to other companies, but they are nice pants. I haven't really like any other fit by them since, but they still have some nice threads.

DAMN!! all this pants talked has made me want to go buy some pants .. :drama:

l/l/rX
09-29-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Dehvee

If you're not sure if its authentic or not go to www.honestforum.com (http://www.honestforum.com)
These people will help you authenticate the jeans for you... they're all brand whores lol

lol holy cow i went to that website and WOW BRAND NAME WHORES TO THE MAX! HAHA.
just cruising through the RnR section some chicks have like 22 pairs!!!
lets say on avg each pair is 275...275x22 = 6050!!! OMG THAT IS WAAAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH MONEY LOL!
http://i5.tinypic.com/26068fk.jpg
^^^this girl has 22 pairs of jeans, the other images are just serperated^^^

the most i spend on jeans is 100-150...parasuco & buffalo

heh i use to work at Aritzia and man some chicks could EASILY blow 8 bills! my friend was top seller in western canada and i believe 2nd best in canada? her highest sale in ONE DAY was something close to 2 g's LOL!

and whenever we got new RnR's, like 85% of the time when we showed them the new RnR's they would buy them in an instant! girls are nuts when it comes to shopping! haha. it was quite entertaining watchin chicks drop that kind of money.

dino_martini
09-29-2006, 07:06 PM
I have wanted a pair of Diesels..but Ill stick with American Eagle for now. American Eagle jeans are probably the best Ive ever bought.

NGRPLZ.NET
09-29-2006, 07:13 PM
I don't buy any designer shit in Canada. If any of you travel often, you know why. Im gone every month for something or another. I can get top grade shit for nearly half of what you guys are paying.

Designer jeans feel awesome. I made the mistake of getting a cheap pair at old navy.. hahahahahahahaah oops. Never again.

Dehvee
09-29-2006, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by l/l/rX

lol holy cow i went to that website and WOW BRAND NAME WHORES TO THE MAX! HAHA.
just cruising through the RnR section some chicks have like 22 pairs!!!
lets say on avg each pair is 275...275x22 = 6050!!! OMG THAT IS WAAAAAAAAAAY TOO MUCH MONEY LOL!

Lol I told you so. Some people just love fashion a little too much

toyboy88
09-29-2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I have wanted a pair of Diesels..but Ill stick with American Eagle for now. American Eagle jeans are probably the best Ive ever bought.

:werd: ...before i got the "Brand whorre" bug, the best jeans under $80 were american eagle jean's...but regardless of the brand when i bought my first 2 pairs of $300 jeans, once u try em on and wear em around u actually can feel the difference in quality,etc.

and also as somebody said above usually the "Designer jeans" styles are meant to fit "slimmer" guys in my personal experience too...not trying to be offensive in any way...but i am slim as well and find that most jeans under $100 don't "fit" as well for slimmer people?

my 2 cents...not necessarily yours :)

jay42w8
09-30-2006, 12:08 AM
i buy my jeans from places like the gap cuz it never occured to me that girls study jeans and know them...:rofl: but i do buy my tops/jackets from places like urban and underground.....it always cracks me up seeing the young kids in there and the ones who work there too buying this crazy expensive shit...just wait till they grow up and have to pay rent

also, for the people inthis thread that work at places like urban or underground...do u get a discount? or do u actually spend ur entire damn paycheque on a pair of jeans? cuz it just makes me snicker knowing that u make almost minimum wage yet your outfit cost almost a 1000 dollars...its just silly

That.Guy.S30
09-30-2006, 12:28 AM

heh i use to work at Aritzia

they hire dudes?

BigDannyCool
09-30-2006, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

they hire dudes?

perhaps he's gay.

thinmyster
09-30-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by toyboy88

:werd: ...before i got the "Brand whorre" bug, the best jeans under $80 were american eagle jean's...but regardless of the brand when i bought my first 2 pairs of $300 jeans, once u try em on and wear em around u actually can feel the difference in quality,etc.

and also as somebody said above usually the "Designer jeans" styles are meant to fit "slimmer" guys in my personal experience too...not trying to be offensive in any way...but i am slim as well and find that most jeans under $100 don't "fit" as well for slimmer people?

my 2 cents...not necessarily yours :)

Yeah id have to agree my pants are a 30/32 to 32/32 which you cant find at guess etc. (Only 34 length which is kind of annoying). and in my opinion, for my body type, american eagle has the worst fitting jeans. I never have and never will buy a pair of jeans from there..

keep the discussion coming!:D

TurboMedic
09-30-2006, 01:48 AM
I like Silver's personally, and they're cheap at unlimited blue on 17th....

max_boost
09-30-2006, 01:52 AM
Yes and no because isn't wearing nice clothes the same thing as drive a nice car or having muscles?

I agree with you. Dress to impress. I wouldn't be surprised since society is so materialistic and most girls are so fervent on fashion. And t-im you need to stop being such a bloated prick. You drive a BMW because it's part of an image you need to maintain. For you to say it has nothing to do with outside influences, fucking please. LOL

Anyway, the only pair of jeans that seems to work for me are the ones from Guess. Cliff, venice wash - $100/pair. I've been buying these exclusively for the past 2 years.

Designer jeans are well worth it though. The wash, the fit, it looks money haha. My brother is always wearing $300 jeans bussing tables at the restaurant and I'm always like, damn those are nice jeans.

Grip172
09-30-2006, 11:06 AM
holy fuckin metro centrel here, jesus christ

they're fuckin pants.

if you wear pants to impress girls, you're only attracting materialistic girls. kind of like tire-bitters. i can picture what 80% of the "dudes" in this thread look like. and if i'm correct, you're probably...ok i won't go there....

Anton
09-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Grip172
holy fuckin metro centrel here, jesus christ

they're fuckin pants.

if you wear pants to impress girls, you're only attracting materialistic girls. kind of like tire-bitters. i can picture what 80% of the "dudes" in this thread look like. and if i'm correct, you're probably...ok i won't go there....

Nice? Yea, we look nice.

Nothing wrong with having style. I know what you mean, a lot of people deck themselves out in diesel, energy...etc but still look like ass. That's not style, thats wasting money.

If someone wears designer labels doesn't mean they are "fags", since I think thats what the fill in the blank word in your statement is.

There's try hards and then there's people with actual style.

jcrules99
09-30-2006, 11:34 AM
i used to just stick with buffalo and parasuco but after i bought my first pair of R&R, i got hooked and like most people have stated before, the price you pay for the jeans is well worth it

l/l/rX
09-30-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Thi_Thi Subs

they hire dudes?

i was the first in western canada =)

Originally posted by BigDannyCool

perhaps he's gay.

and no im not gay. the scenery was wicked though.

it was pretty much the sweetest job ive had HAHA

Impreza
09-30-2006, 12:45 PM
Earnest Sewn FTW!!

thinmyster
09-30-2006, 12:45 PM

i was the first in western canada =)

and no im not gay. the scenery was wicked though.

it was pretty much the sweetest job ive had HAHA

What do you do when they want you to wear the company clothes?? do they give you a spendin allowance :clap: ... :cry:

l/l/rX
09-30-2006, 12:51 PM

What do you do when they want you to wear the company clothes?? do they give you a spendin allowance :clap: ... :cry:

aritzia doesnt make their workers wear their clothes. you can dress in whatever you like. but the girls just choose to wear aritzias clothes.

i still got the discount though :D

seriously though aritzia was a great company to work at. espicially for a retail store.
anyways back on topic =D

TrevorK
09-30-2006, 01:30 PM
I've read through the thread, but what exactly makes these designer jeans so good?

I mean, I just have Gap/Levi jeans, and some of them are 4-5 years old without any problems. So to me, that's quality. Or is there something else you're referring to?

Is the feel actually different, like a different type of material all together? I'm almost tempting to go buy a pair and see, but it's hard to justify spending 4-5 times more than usual. Then again, I rarely buy jeans anyways...

msommers
09-30-2006, 01:40 PM

Holy crap Dr.Phil has entered the building!

Anyways, I used to always buy Diesel jeans, for the simple reason, who else would sell size 29x30 jeans anywhere! I finally found a pair one time at the GAP, fit and quality are wicked. Since then I havn't found another pair of GAP jeans like them in size or quality so who knows, maybe luck of the draw. I also have a pair of GAS jeans that fit fine in the store but as I started wearing them more often, they fit like ass and wear badly. Same with a pair of Armani jeans I have, not bad, but not great either, it's suprising.

And I'll tend to agree that finding a shirt that actually fits your shoulders properly is hard to find and isn't super long either. +1 for name brand clothing that is good quality and made for people of that size

KenP
09-30-2006, 01:40 PM
7s are all I wear, their straight boot cut is amazing. Designer jeans are well worth the money.

Girls notice guys that are dressed well, or so this has been my experience. :D

jay42w8
09-30-2006, 01:50 PM
i take back my comment about u guys making close to minimum wage and buying 300 dollar jeans as being silly.....its all justified by the girls noticing....im assuming that u guys are actually getting laid right?:thumbsup:

BerserkerCatSplat
09-30-2006, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
And t-im you need to stop being such a bloated prick. You drive a BMW because it's part of an image you need to maintain. For you to say it has nothing to do with outside influences, fucking please. LOL

I take it you know the guy or something? Becuase if you don't, you're at least the third person in this thread to make random e-assumptions about people's lives and how they think.

Let me put it this way. One car I'd like to own someday is a Bricklin. Does that mean I want/need to maintain an image of safety and Pro-canadian consumerism? Fuck no, I just want to have a goddamn Bricklin. I don't even need a reason.

The same goes for jeans, cars, coffee, guitars, you name it. Not everyone buys something to maintain an image, while some do. There's no use going around accusing people of being brand whores, or what have you.

Disregard me if you actually know him, but there's too many stupid assumtions people make over the Internet, it drives me up the wall sometimes.

FWIW, I don't even wear jeans.

b_t
09-30-2006, 01:54 PM
paying $300+ for jeans is retarded, because they usually don't look very good, they don't last at all, and in case you forgot Diesel used to be a wal-mart brand :thumbsup:

I usually wear guess jeans that are still like $90-$125 but they look great, fit great, feel great, and last for a reasonable amount of time. I usually find that getting a good hair cut and having 100% confidence in yourself works a lot better then fancy clothes to get girls ... especially when you look like you are wearing trashed old clothes that actually cost $300 an item.

kertejud
09-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Mark's Work Warehouse and Costco FTW.

The difference in quality and (especially) durability between a $100 pair of jeans and a $300 pair is fairly minimal, in fact, you can buy paris of jeans meant for work that will outlast your car, as for comfort, obviosuly there will be a difference when it comes to price, but if you think its worth $200, then you either have too much money or are a brand whore. Were not talking about a Porsche vs. a Pinto here, its pants, all made out of the same cheap fabric. Now, I rarely wear jeans and the only times I do I work so I have one pair that cost me about $20 and I've had them for six years so maybe I'm just not with it as all of you.

And I might as well just say it (even though others have already). Anybody who pays that much for jeans is a tool. If you need $300+ jeans to make a girl go out with you then you have bigger problems in your life. [/broad generalization]

QuasarCav
09-30-2006, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat

I take it you know the guy or something? Becuase if you don't, you're at least the third person in this thread to make random e-assumptions about people's lives and how they think.

I dont know the guy, I've never met him and the only thing I have to base an opinion on is how he posts. And from the looks of it Max Boost is right on the money.

Go take a stroll through his post history if you would like to e-confirm my e-assumption.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-30-2006, 02:05 PM
I don't know about that, all I could determine from skimming his post history is that he's a UofC student that has a BMW. Sure, he's a bit brash and confrontational, but I'm not one to judge someone based on how they post on a message board. Most people act much differently on the 'net than they do in real life.

l8braker
09-30-2006, 02:10 PM
:drama:

i usually hit costco or old navy. so many more important things now to save my money for (personally).

oh yea :drama:

googe
09-30-2006, 02:45 PM
Haha, the amount of metro estrogen in this thread is disgusting. Im going to say that any girl that I attract based on my $300+ jeans is definitely a girl that I want nothing to do with. If you really honestly believe they fit that much better, then fair enough, but people doing it to get noticed are pretty hurtin. Have fun having to buy her $1000 LV bags...maybe ask if you can take your balls out of them once in a while so you can wear them from time to time.