PDA

View Full Version : longdriving need radar detector and jammer

VeilOctane
09-29-2006, 09:26 AM
hey guys just im driving out to vancity and heading down to seattle and was wondering if i should buy a radar dector and or a blinder xtreme M20 is it worth it?? do they use lots of laser in bc??? what bout on the hiway?? do they use laser on the hiway or do they use radar???

any one know a place in the city that could hook me up?

im looking for a
blinder xtreme m20
and a bell rx65 or sti driver

LilDrunkenSmurf
09-29-2006, 09:41 AM
Outside of the city, they use radar... inside the city, they use laser (except for a few old school cops)

laser detectors will only tell you when to pull over, as laser is almost instantaneous... but if your going to be doing lots of highway driving, it'll be worth it... also, laser JAMMERS are worth it, and although legal in alberta (for now) are not legal in BC. Good luck with the roadtrip!

Jonathan@TCS
09-29-2006, 12:18 PM
We have the Rx65 and and the STi both in stock at THE CAR SALON. If you are interested, come down and see us, and be sure to mention this thread. If you are traveling out of the province, or out of the country, I would recommend the STi because it is undetectable by radar detector detectors. This would be good if you are travelling in the states, and you don't which states they are legal. Also if you go east to Manitoba, or Ontario.

rc2002
09-29-2006, 12:40 PM
I have a blinder laser jammer M20 xtreme that I bought from Tunerworks for $500. I used it for about year or so before I sold my car. Anyway, you can have it for $250 if interested.

ryder_23
09-29-2006, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf
Outside of the city, they use radar... inside the city, they use laser (except for a few old school cops)

laser detectors will only tell you when to pull over, as laser is almost instantaneous... but if your going to be doing lots of highway driving, it'll be worth it... also, laser JAMMERS are worth it, and although legal in alberta (for now) are not legal in BC. Good luck with the roadtrip!

Outside of the city they use both. Depending on the type of trap, where the cop is located, etc...Especially when you hit the big traps on hwy1 near vancouver..Its easier to get speed readings when your picking people off with laser then with radar.

And i was pretty sure laser jammers are illegal all over canada.

EnRich
09-29-2006, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Jonathan@TCS
We have the Rx65 and and the STi both in stock at THE CAR SALON. If you are interested, come down and see us, and be sure to mention this thread. If you are traveling out of the province, or out of the country, I would recommend the STi because it is undetectable by radar detector detectors. This would be good if you are travelling in the states, and you don't which states they are legal. Also if you go east to Manitoba, or Ontario.

I dont think very many beyonders will be supporting you anymore there pal, after that whole tint BS you pulled...

Traffic_Cop
09-29-2006, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by LilDrunkenSmurf

Jammers are illegal, and our new LASERS will detect a Jammer. If caught using one you will be charged under the Criminal code for obstruction. Seriously think about your life with a criminal record before buying one.

Supa Dexta
09-29-2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by NWA
Fuck tha police

Always up in our shit....

:rofl:

JVR1
09-30-2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by EnRich

I dont think very many beyonders will be supporting you anymore there pal, after that whole tint BS you pulled...

:werd: :rofl: :rofl:

Cruz
09-30-2006, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Traffic_Cop

Seriously think about your life with a criminal record before buying one.

What a ridiculous statement.

Weapon_R
09-30-2006, 12:42 AM

Jammers are illegal, and our new LASERS will detect a Jammer. If caught using one you will be charged under the Criminal code for obstruction. Seriously think about your life with a criminal record before buying one.

Would you honestly charge someone with a criminal code offence for having a laser jammer??

rc2002
09-30-2006, 12:48 AM

Nice try. But there is no law against having a laser jammer as laser operates using light waves. Light waves are not regulated by the government or governing authorities like radar is.

Dayclone
09-30-2006, 02:17 AM
What's the one that will jam their laser detector and atuomatically shut off? and is hidden pretty good. By the time it told you your laserzed you would of slowed down by the second time the cop lasers you.

Steve

Traffic_Cop
09-30-2006, 03:01 AM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Nice try. But there is no law against having a laser jammer as laser operates using light waves. Light waves are not regulated by the government or governing authorities like radar is.

Its an infared beam. If you jam the signal you are interfering with a Peace Officer in the execution of his duties, and that is a criminal offence.

three.eighteen.
09-30-2006, 03:47 AM

Its an infared beam. If you jam the signal you are interfering with a Peace Officer in the execution of his duties, and that is a criminal offence.

can't you just cut the cop shit for a second and just say something friendly like "jammers do work...just don't let me catch you using it ;) "?

your replies/posts on this website have done nothing to distinguish yourself from the asshole-cop stereotype

googe
09-30-2006, 04:01 AM
Getting charged with obstruction for using one? Please cite a single case where this has happened in Canada.

http://www.radarbusters.com/support/choosing-detector/radar-detector-laws.asp

Page 4 - Legal issues

The use of a radar detector in a passenger vehicle is legal in all states with the exception of Virginia, Washington DC. and on military bases.

Radar detectors are illegal in all commercial vehicles weighing over 10,000 pounds

In Canada, the only three provinces that allow their use are Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan.

Many overseas countries also ban their use, such as Portugal, Finland and Spain.

In areas that radar detectors are illegal, law enforcement use a device called the Spectre that is able to detect the use of radar detector in your car or truck. For more information on the Spectre, click here.

Laser Jammers and Radar Jammers are illegal in the states of Nebraska, Minnesota, Utah, California, Oklahoma, Virginia, Colorado, Illinois and Washington DC.

If you decide to use a laser jammer in one of the states that they are outlawed, consider getting the Blinder M-20 or M-40 or the Lidakek LE-30. The Blinder and the Lidatek are the only laser jammers made today that give minimal "error codes" to the police laser guns.

http://www.answers.com/topic/radar-detectors

There are also LIDAR jammers that are currently legal throughout most of the US, some Canadian provinces and other countries. LIDAR jammers, like police lidar guns are regulated by the FDA for eye safety as Class I devices. They operate on the principle of destructive interference to "jam" most LIDAR guns in most circumstances.

:bullshit:

If laser jammers fell under obstruction of justice, why do so many jurisdictions pass state or provincial laws explicitly banning them? There would be no need if the criminal code trumps this.

Traffic_Cop
09-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Googe, your excerts are US based and are really poor. Municipal Bylaws and Provincial Bylaws often trum each other, ie a bar fight which should be dealt with under the Criminal Code can also be dealt with by a nuisance bylaw.

The Criminal Code is an option as well as "abusing" other Provincial acts. At the end of the day it would be officer discretion, however for the most part traffic officers will opt for the criminal code charge due to the fact there are no Provincial statutes that cover this.

googe
09-30-2006, 02:04 PM
Googe, your excerts are US based and are really poor. Municipal Bylaws and Provincial Bylaws often trum each other, ie a bar fight which should be dealt with under the Criminal Code can also be dealt with by a nuisance bylaw.

At the end of the day it would be officer discretion, however for the most part traffic officers will opt for the criminal code charge due to the fact there are no Provincial statutes that cover this.

ah, sorry, I didnt realize the provinces of alberta, bc, and sask are US based. my bad.

The Criminal Code is an option as well as "abusing" other Provincial acts.

just what the hell does that mean?

Traffic_Cop
10-01-2006, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by googe

ah, sorry, I didnt realize the provinces of alberta, bc, and sask are US based. my bad.

just what the hell does that mean?

I think we both know what that means Googe. Its when an officer writes a ticket for an infraction that could have been handled by another act ie Photo-RADAR licence covers, correct act should be fail to display licence plate, when some officers write the ticket for Alter/Falsify document

googe
10-01-2006, 12:46 PM

I think we both know what that means Googe. Its when an officer writes a ticket for an infraction that could have been handled by another act ie Photo-RADAR licence covers, correct act should be fail to display licence plate, when some officers write the ticket for Alter/Falsify document

youre right, we both do, i just wanted to actually hear a cop admit that abusing (in his own words!) laws to throw charges at people is commonly considered an "option". lame :bullshit: :thumbsdow

hussein
11-09-2006, 04:05 PM
What about laser "shifting"? That's not the same thing as jamming is it?

yellowsnow
11-09-2006, 04:26 PM
yeah, i have no doubt in my mind traffic cops like "Traffic_COP" would use the criminal code just cuz they're pricks.

wouldn't everyone with license plate covers be charged as criminals too. it's obstructing photoradar and red light cameras... I'd say 1/100 cars have them on.. so I guess that makes 10,000 people in our city automatic criminals?

hey i remember when a cop charged little kids for holding a sign saying "warning photo radar ahead" for obstructing police work... :rolleyes: the cop should've charged them as criminals too.

Lexxan
11-09-2006, 05:52 PM

hahaha another asshole cop.. Would you actually charge someone for using a jammer?

Canmorite
11-09-2006, 05:59 PM
^Yes, they do.

Why? Because they can't record their speed and give them a ticket, so they have to make their money elsewhere.

V1 + Jammer FTW. Seen this combination in use and it's so well hidden the cop gave up looking.

EDIT: Spelling.

yellowsnow
11-09-2006, 06:05 PM
I would think the cop would know exactly where to look. there's only a few places the jammer can hide... unless the traffic cop is a total idiot

Canmorite
11-09-2006, 06:10 PM
If the V1 is hardwired in, and you remove the detecting piece, it's not easy to find. The cop was not allowed in the vehicle, either.

I'm sure if they got a warrant and tore through the car they could find it...

troyl
11-09-2006, 06:56 PM
When I took a trip down to seattle my V1 worked superbly picked up all cops! luckily did not encounter any laser.