PDA

View Full Version : DUI Question

dylanjust
09-29-2006, 10:31 AM
I recently got a dui. last night actually. i fucked up i know, i accept responsibility, but i do have a question. i got pulled over for a dui in washington state. i blew a .097 on the bac road side test. the officer than took me to jail and gave me a second set of bac readings. i failed those. the question i then have is i was never issued a traffic ticket. so what does that mean? i never signed anything, and was then released about 10 minutes after getting to jail. i was then picked up by some friends. anyways i know i fucked up so i don't need reposts of that, but please if anyone knows about wha happened here and what it means please help me out. thanks alot.

jdmakkord
09-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by dylanjust
I recently got a dui. last night actually. i fucked up i know, i accept responsibility, but i do have a question. i got pulled over for a dui in washington state. i blew a .97 on the bac road side test. the officer than took me to jail and gave me a second set of bac readings. i failed those. the question i then have is i was never issued a traffic ticket. so what does that mean? i never signed anything, and was then released about 10 minutes after getting to jail. i was then picked up by some friends. anyways i know i fucked up so i don't need reposts of that, but please if anyone knows about wha happened here and what it means please help me out. thanks alot.

Why dont you check with the authorities in Washington, intead of asking us(most of which are in Canada), the rules may be totally different.

teggypimp95
09-29-2006, 10:44 AM
How fucked up does that much over feel? I am always woundering how drunk .8 really is?

Aleks
09-29-2006, 10:51 AM
0.8 is like a lethal dose. LOL i think it's 0.08 isn't it? I could be wrong.

heinz256
09-29-2006, 11:00 AM
Googling gave me this

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/33260/dui_penalties_in_washington_state.html

dont know if this is accurate or even reliable content.

accord885
09-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
0.8 is like a lethal dose. LOL i think it's 0.08 isn't it? I could be wrong.
Correct at .8 you are most likely dead.

teggypimp95
09-29-2006, 11:04 AM
haha i ment .08 how fucked up are you really at that amount?

Black Gts
09-29-2006, 11:25 AM
.08 is usually two beers, give or take depending on weight etc...

yellowsnow
09-29-2006, 11:28 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Driving_while_impaired

Most of the time, the driver will either be kept in a holding cell (sometimes referred to as the "drunk tank") until he is deemed sober enough to be released on bail or on his "own recognizance" ("O.R."). A date to appear in court for an arraignment will be given to him. If he cannot make bail or is not granted O.R., he will be kept in jail to wait for the arraignment.

Didn't you get a court date? :confused:

dylanjust
09-29-2006, 11:32 AM
i was never given a ticket, so i never got a court date. it seems like they are not going to take me to court on the criminality of it, but to make my liscense suspened for up to 90 days.

ogpog
09-29-2006, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by Black Gts
.08 is usually two beers, give or take depending on weight etc...

really? holy, i always thought 2 beers was nothin. But then again im a big guy.

Supa Dexta
09-29-2006, 09:47 PM
I'm not a big guy 165 or so, I had 2 beer within 20 mins of a test and only blew a .012.... Told him upfront I had a beer with supper (althought it was 2, and a good 2 hours after supper) and of course since everyone always says they "just had 1", I had to blow. Center st checkstop.. Anyways, did the test blew the .012, and he said. "Yep, corresponds with a beer for supper, have a nice night".... I was kinda freaking though, since you always hear, anymore than a beer is bad news these days..

:dunno:

I don't reccomend drinking anything though, I was suprised it was so low, but who knows, I'm from NS and can sit down and drink a flat if I want, but even still, its not how you hold it with the breath test, its whats in you, right? So beit 2 or 12, it should work out with your size/weight/food in you....

Black Gts
09-30-2006, 02:10 AM
its all on your breath. usually if you just had one beer and blow you will fail badly.. I've heard a few stories like that and usually a 24 hr suspension follows. apparantly you can fail a breathalizer, if have recently eaten a fishermans friend... ( the cough drop just to be clear) lol

NGRPLZ.NET
09-30-2006, 09:23 AM
If you didn't appear before any type of judge, didn't recieve any type of subpoena or anything, I think your in the clear... as a judge would have to suspend your license.

If you were .09, they may not have given a shit.

Watcher
09-30-2006, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by dylanjust
I recently got a dui. last night actually. i fucked up i know, i accept responsibility, but i do have a question. i got pulled over for a dui in washington state. i blew a .097 on the bac road side test. the officer than took me to jail and gave me a second set of bac readings. i failed those. the question i then have is i was never issued a traffic ticket. so what does that mean? i never signed anything, and was then released about 10 minutes after getting to jail. i was then picked up by some friends. anyways i know i fucked up so i don't need reposts of that, but please if anyone knows about wha happened here and what it means please help me out. thanks alot.

Everyone thinks that driving impaired and killing someone can only happen to someone else.

Well buddy, from my point of view, you are someone else.

I hope you f#cken go to jail. And, I hope you spend years paying off all the fines and lawyers fees. But, most importantly I hope you never pull this sort of stupidity again.

DayGlow
09-30-2006, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by Black Gts
its all on your breath. usually if you just had one beer and blow you will fail badly.. I've heard a few stories like that and usually a 24 hr suspension follows. apparantly you can fail a breathalizer, if have recently eaten a fishermans friend... ( the cough drop just to be clear) lol

Intoxalizor doesn't work that way. The reading is from your deep lung air, so unless that cough drop coats the lining of your lungs it won't effect the reading.