PDA

View Full Version : Remember to secure stuff on your vehicle

SoSlowDx
09-29-2006, 12:08 PM
Driving on "the Deerfoot":D today behind this truck that had wooden planks on its roof/box. I never like to drive behind trucks or semis so I moved to the middle lane from the left. Probably 2 secs after I switched a long plank of wood just flipped off the truck. :eek: almost hitting this van, which could of been my car. Lucky it was not and I didn't even want to think what could of happen if it did anyway.

I got the company of the truck and going to call them for sure.

So there are broken pieces of wood on Deerfoot North.

:banghead:

So yeah make sure you secure your stuff especially on Deerfoot! Thanks.

tapout
09-29-2006, 12:13 PM
people in the van ok?

SoSlowDx
09-29-2006, 12:18 PM
They swerved out of the way just in time. I just saw the wood flipped off the truck and in my mirror saw pieces of wood on the road.

bspot
09-29-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by SoSlowDx
"the Deerfoot":D

You bastard! :rofl:

rc2002
09-29-2006, 12:25 PM
Yikes, another one of these threads. I believe 88CRX has had his share of experiences with this on deerfoot as well...

topmade
09-29-2006, 12:29 PM
I was following some dumbass in a van with a little homemade trailer full of empty cans in garbage bags and one of them fell off
and I hit it with the corner of my bumper but it didn't break. I layed on the horn and the guy was just retarded and didn't stop for a while and when he did he just stopped the van and ran to get the bag and jut ignored me because I was pissed and I guess he was scared to say anything, but my van was alright, no problems so we just left.

SilverBoost
09-29-2006, 01:55 PM
I saw one of those crappy trailer thta people make out of teh old bed of a pickup. Well this one was maybe 20 years old and as I was driving behind it the wheel came off and started bouncing down teh highway at abuot 100 clicks. Crossed teh median but rolled to a stop before it got into oncoming traffic.

Funny thing is that a large exhaust is good fro a fine, but these homemade craptastic DIY contraptions are all over the place.

Moral: Deerfoot = gong show hillarity on all levels.