PDA

View Full Version : Silly ricers, wings are for fairies!

Tik-Tok
09-29-2006, 01:33 PM
(bitch/whine/vent, don't read if you don't like these type of threads)

WTF is the deal? I drive my mustang around ALLLL spring/summer/fall, I don't see a single person want to race me light to light.

Ever since my wife got her 1.8L dsm, and i've been driving it going to get parts etc. EVERY ricer is reving his engine, wanting to race... is that how they always claim they've never been beaten? They only pick on cars they know they'll kill?

yellowsnow
09-29-2006, 01:50 PM
haha... yeah nobody tries to race me either. It's hilarious, I think people avoid trying to pass me cuz they know they'd just get spanked.

funny rice boys

SilverBoost
09-29-2006, 01:50 PM
I had some guy in a rental Pontiac G6 flying by me on Mcleod the other night..... was funny because he thought his car was fast with 5 people in it.

Not that I was looking to race him, and I didn't, but I laffed. Just because my car looks the way it does and sounds the way it does I guess these kids think I'm always looking to put it to the mat in traffic.

Silly Rabbits.

nj2Type-S
09-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by SilverBoost
I had some guy in a rental Pontiac G6 flying by me on Mcleod the other night..... was funny because he thought his car was fast with 5 people in it.

Not that I was looking to race him, and I didn't, but I laffed. Just because my car looks the way it does and sounds the way it does I guess these kids think I'm always looking to put it to the mat in traffic.

Silly Rabbits.

:werd: stupid kids

bspot
09-29-2006, 02:08 PM
Last night I was driving to hockey on Country hills, going about 3km/h faster than the G35 ahead of me in the next lane with 3 people in it. As I slllowwwly creep up so we're level, the guy looks over, think to himself "Hmm.. his spoiler is bigger than mine, I need to show him!" pins it (after driving just over the speed limit for quite some time), then has to slam on the brakes 3 seconds later to make his turn. I just kept going the same speed and did this :dunno:

nj2Type-S
09-29-2006, 02:18 PM
the majority of people on the road thinks that just because you've got rims, spoiler, body/lip kit or whatever, that you automatically want to race. i've just learned to ignore them overtime thinking to myself "it's not worth getting pulled over or even getting into an accident just to make teach these losers a lesson". sadly, those kinds of people will never go away...:(

jdmakkord
09-29-2006, 02:20 PM
Any time that happens to me, I either flip them the bird, or pull up at the next red light, roll down the window, and call them a goof.

SILVIA.K
09-29-2006, 02:45 PM
I will race you . You just never saw me yet . 1991 nissan silvia 14.18 1/4 mile I love the mustang i had one they are not as fast as my car but only you will say it is.if you have a v8 race a v8 do not be a puss and go for a 1.8?:guns: :guns:

SilverBoost
09-29-2006, 03:30 PM
No don't get me wrong, I've had a little fun here and there with a few 2nd gear light to light toots in my day. Whatever just a little low speed launch shit and then you're off it..... but it seems like these kids always want to prove how fast they can go in rush hour traffic. I don't get it. Ah well.... life goes on.

QuasarCav
09-29-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by bspot
Last night I was driving to hockey on Country hills, going about 3km/h faster than the G35 ahead of me in the next lane with 3 people in it. As I slllowwwly creep up so we're level, the guy looks over, think to himself "Hmm.. his spoiler is bigger than mine, I need to show him!" pins it (after driving just over the speed limit for quite some time), then has to slam on the brakes 3 seconds later to make his turn. I just kept going the same speed and did this :dunno:

With a wing like yours this must happen alot.

:hitit:

mekeni
09-29-2006, 04:02 PM
... the guy looks over, think to himself "Hmm.. his spoiler is bigger than mine, I need to show him!"

:nut: :rofl: :rofl:

Tik-Tok
09-29-2006, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by SILVIA.K
I will race you . You just never saw me yet . 1991 nissan silvia 14.18 1/4 mile I love the mustang i had one they are not as fast as my car but only you will say it is.if you have a v8 race a v8 do not be a puss and go for a 1.8?:guns: :guns:

:nut: :nut: :nut:

Aren't you the same ricer that didn't have a 1/4 mile time last monday?

Quote from: silvakings on September 25, 2006, 05:05:44 PM
that is right i do not have 1/4 mile time i just got my car

Soooooo... where'd you suddenly get your 1/4 mile time in the past 4 days?

bspot
09-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by QuasarCav

With a wing like yours this must happen alot.

:hitit:

haha, surprisingly it is very rare that someone tries to race me. I'm still considering finding a ricer with the basemodel and no spoiler to swap trunk lids with me though...

Supa Dexta
09-29-2006, 09:02 PM
Atleast you don't have a bike!. Last night I was heading north on 14th ST stopped for the light on 17th ave, and this car beside me, lines up.. I'm just sitting there, hands not even on the bars.. I go to click it into gear seeing the lights changing, and this guy floors it! And then it wasn't even our light, he goes flying across 17th on the red!... :rofl: HA, whats the words?... "TOO SOON JR!" He's lucky he got threw on the change, with no cars or people in the intersection....

FivE.SeveN
09-29-2006, 09:53 PM
I noticed that too, had all sorts of shit when I was driving an integra, now the civics don't wanna play anymore :dunno:

403Gemini
09-29-2006, 11:25 PM

haha, surprisingly it is very rare that someone tries to race me. I'm still considering finding a ricer with the basemodel and no spoiler to swap trunk lids with me though...

I was considering that too, or at least the lower profile spoiler, but more people prefer our cars w/ it

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142070&highlight=wing

PiMpIn SmUrF
09-30-2006, 02:20 AM
haha this is soooo funny because i get the same shit all the time also, but i get it more from the v8 guys.......guys in new mustang gt's thinking there all fast(there not) trying to race me just because i drive a civic, i hate how they sit there and rev at you. I get it alot from turbo trucks also. I just drive normal and laugh. Once in awhile if im in a bitchy mood ill rape them then laugh my ass off in there face.:poosie:

SILVIA.K
09-30-2006, 08:00 AM
Not the same guy :closed: :closed:

habsfan
09-30-2006, 08:48 AM
^ did you not realize when you got banned the first time that no one wants you here?

khtm
09-30-2006, 10:10 AM
Did you really just say that a 2005 Mustang GT is *not* as fast as your car, that does a 14.18 1/4 mile?

You're kidding right?

sullygully
09-30-2006, 10:34 AM
I just don't give eye contact. Plus when they find out that its only a neon, they just firgure the jokes on me anyways.
:D

PiMpIn SmUrF
09-30-2006, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by sullygully
I just don't give eye contact. Plus when they find out that its only a neon, they just firgure the jokes on me anyways.
:D
:werd:

riceeater
09-30-2006, 11:15 AM
i dont know, i find that the car you're in greatly influences the experiences you'll have on the road.. when someone is acting retarded next to me and it's not a nice car that i want to give a run i just half floor it for a couple seconds so they get the loud induction noise, then let go and give them a loud ass bov salute and wastegate flutter... i find that calms 95% of them down :thumbsup:

i think most people know what their cars will and wont do so they do try to race only cars in their own league... when i'm in the neon only small crappy cars wanna goof around... when i'm in the srt, i get people in M3s, AMG benzes, 350s and G35s, corvettes, etc that want to have fun, and it's great to smack their egos down to earth :nut:

riceeater
09-30-2006, 11:19 AM

wow!!!! LOW 14s!!!!!!!! bow down! when i come to your town, BOW DOWN... when you're drag strip bound, BOW DOWN!

now snap back to reality

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&postid=1710995#post1710995

PiMpIn SmUrF
09-30-2006, 11:20 AM
^^^^
same thing i was thinking hahahaha

bspot
09-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

I was considering that too, or at least the lower profile spoiler, but more people prefer our cars w/ it

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=142070&highlight=wing

Wow, I'm shocked. I thought on this board for sure everyone would say take it off. I guess I'll stick with the easier option then, wing it is!

riceeater
09-30-2006, 12:08 PM
wings are for fairies :D

fluid
09-30-2006, 12:27 PM
this thread is too funny, its funny how many idiots are on the roads these days

HiSpec
09-30-2006, 12:27 PM
worst is when they know ur car is slower then their's, but you are just trying to have a little fun with your car just giving your car a good work out... then they get some crazy idea that you are trying to prove something... they think you'll wanna race...
:dunno:

Tik-Tok
09-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Not the same guy :closed: :closed:

Yep,

pretty sure you're the same guy from performanceshop that was braggin about his new silvia he picked up, but didn't have a 1/4 mile time as of monday... but suddenly you're 14.18 as of friday afternoon BEFORE racecity even opened...

yep

looks like the same horrific spelling too.

yep

-Jay21-
09-30-2006, 09:39 PM
Whil;e in my brothers car people wanna race all the time, not one single person has tried to race me. I'm not too bothered though, the track is there for a reason :thumbsup: