PDA

View Full Version : tail lights and gauge light??

heavychevy98
09-29-2006, 09:28 PM
Hi guys.. maybe you starter guru's can help me out... i have a command start #???? installed in the used 98 sileverado i bought.. my problem is that when turning my headlights on the tail lights and dash lights do not come on, however when i hit the button on my command start... they will come back on until i hit my brakes... sound like a relay or something? thanks for any help you can give me

Strugari
10-01-2006, 07:04 PM
More than likely a fuse.
Also check to see where the command start (purple wire) is connected to the lights. If it is hooked to the light wire (brown) in the truck, that bypasses the fuse and that is the reason the lights work with the command start, and not with the switch.:thumbsup:

03ozwhip
10-11-2006, 10:35 AM
^^^ if the fuse is blown it wont "temporarily" turn them on then off. if they're burned they're burned they dont temporarily go on. something isnt hooked up properly. its not a fuse.:rolleyes:

Strugari
10-11-2006, 07:52 PM
The remote starter is usually hooked up on the light side (load) of the fuse, not the power side. If the fuse is blown the parklights will not work when turned on with the light switch, however they will work when the remote starter is used. The reason they turn off when the brake is pressed is that the remote start shuts off, therefopre cutting power to the parklight wire.:thumbsup: