PDA

View Full Version : Help for a friend/vehicle inspection

Benton
09-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Hey, long time lurker here who has a buddy who is in dire need of help. He was able to purchase a car (I think it is a '93 Colt) which had been in a rear-end accident with another car whose driver didn't have insurance - and taking the guy to court just wouldn't be possible given that the guy had nothing. The problem is due to the age of the car it has to be checked every year as a vehicle inspection. He is a student and needs the car - but it wasn't able to pass the inspection due to it being well - rear ended and as such it wasn't safe.

So I guess the question that I have is are there any scuzzy mechanics who would be able to help with this situation/ is there anyone that would be able to sell a car for cheap.

Thanks for any help.

Fraser

WWJAI
09-30-2006, 04:13 PM
I recommend you just fix the car. I don't want no car that can't pass a safety inspection to be on our roads. Could cause an accident in the future if there's something really wrong with it.

Benton
09-30-2006, 09:50 PM
Hey as I said it really isn't my car - I mean even I wouldn't drive a Colt. But he is dirt poor and I am just trying to offer a hand. I agree with you but it seems to be body damage that is holding him back.

Thanks for your responce though.