PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of an audi S4 (B6, 2004)

pinoyhero
10-01-2006, 07:07 AM
Only real drawbacks i have heard of are the reliability issues so I'll be talking with audi first to see if they warranty one's from the states.

Anybody have any impressionsof these cars or can suggest other sedans I should be considering in the same price range?

I've also heard gas mileage is terrible, any suggested ECU upgrades etc. that could change this slighty without voiding warranty?

ZorroAMG
10-01-2006, 11:30 AM
it's a NA V8 so I don't know how much you'll gain thru chip tuning. I drove a 2006 S4 and they are quite slick!

pinoyhero
10-01-2006, 02:15 PM
^I actually like the B6 body better but do agree that if this baby was turbo'd she'd be more tunable....

pinoyhero
10-01-2006, 02:36 PM
Best audi forum for these cars....?

FiveFreshFish
10-01-2006, 02:38 PM
http://forums.audiworld.com/s4b6/

http://forums.audiworld.com/canada/

pinoyhero
10-01-2006, 02:58 PM
^Thanks for the post, I've seen this board alreadyand find it pretty weak, any other suggestions....

FiveFreshFish
10-01-2006, 03:56 PM
I used to post here: http://www.audizine.com/forum/

10-01-2006, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
Only real drawbacks i have heard of are the reliability issues so I'll be talking with audi first to see if they warranty one's from the states.

The US warranty is 4 years / 50,000 miles just like the Cdn. warranty of 4 years / 80,000 km.

Audi dealers here in Canada will honour the US Audi warranty.

A2VR6
10-01-2006, 06:44 PM
You can also try fourtitude.com but they dont have that much for the B6 A4/S4.

pinoyhero
10-01-2006, 09:03 PM
Yeah audizine looks like a much better site...thanks
Any other recommendations for cars in this price range?

A2VR6
10-01-2006, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
Yeah audizine looks like a much better site...thanks
Any other recommendations for cars in this price range?

Cadillac CTS-V and the Mercedes C55 AMG come to mind if you wan a decently quick sedan.

max_boost
10-01-2006, 11:38 PM
I guess you want a German luxury car? I say you go and import a STi limited (heated leather seats, black brembos, HIDs, sunroof) from the U.S and get a Cobb Stage 2 ($2500) upgrade. Exhaust note sounds so clean and aggressive. You are going to be pushing 345hp and 385ft.llbs torque which will without a doubt destroy most of the cars on the road. And when you get sick of it, I'll buy it off you next summer. haha :werd:

pinoyhero
10-02-2006, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by A2VR6

Cadillac CTS-V and the Mercedes C55 AMG come to mind if you wan a decently quick sedan.

Not a big fan of the caddy, and I'm a little less intersted in the Nerc, worried about ever worse reliability and it just seeems too damn small....

pinoyhero
10-02-2006, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
I guess you want a German luxury car? I say you go and import a STi limited (heated leather seats, black brembos, HIDs, sunroof) from the U.S and get a Cobb Stage 2 ($2500) upgrade. Exhaust note sounds so clean and aggressive. You are going to be pushing 345hp and 385ft.llbs torque which will without a doubt destroy most of the cars on the road. And when you get sick of it, I'll buy it off you next summer. haha :werd:

I'm sure that car would cost about the same a the b6 s4 im lookin at but i think the s4 woud retain its value better over abouit 2 yers (the term i seem to hold cars for max). You'r making me think though...

Mitsu3000gt
10-03-2006, 09:38 AM
The B6 S4 is an awesome car, and you get AWD. I would get that over the CTS V for sure, but I do also like the C55 AMG. It will cost you twice as much though.

If you want something crazy fast but as drivable everyday as a stock version, pick up a 2000-2002 B5 S4, and do the stage 3 upgrade (basically RS4 turbos, bigger intercoolers, better fueling, and the software). Then buy some coilovers and maybe do the brakes and clutch along with a couple other cheap mods that you might as well do while your in there. Now you have a car that handles amazingly, is AWD, and drives like a dream as the turbos are spooled up at 1800RPM. That setup gives you a safe 450hp/450tq that is perhaps even easier to drive than a stock one as the power comes on sooner. All this will be cheaper than a B6S4 also, but if you like your warranties and brand new cars this may not be a choice you like. Guys on audiworld are getting high 11's I think in the 1/4 mile with this setup. A couple guys also said they raced the new 500HP M5 and had it beat until 150mph. Additionally, some of the stg3 guys claim they can get 0-60 times in the low 3's - I have no idea how this is measured thoiugh, or if they can measure this accurately at a drag strip.

That is my plan as soon as I get some more money to play with, as there is no car that comes close with 4 doors and AWD with the drivability/quality/practicality for what it would cost to get a stage 3 B5 S4.

You could also pick up a 2000-2003 BMW M5, they are in the same price range as the used S4's and you might like them better. Nowhere near the speed of a Stg3 B5 S4 though.

As for the Sti, it wouldn't be the same type of drive at all. Small motor, big turbo = turbo lag but still fast once it's spooled up. Also, it seems like your into the german luxury segment which is in my opinion a completely different category than the STi.

R-Audi
10-03-2006, 12:58 PM
If you are looking for technical information.. AZ is WAY behind Audiworld unless you drive a B6 A4....

Mitsu3000gt
10-03-2006, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by R-Audi
If you are looking for technical information.. AZ is WAY behind Audiworld unless you drive a B6 A4....

That's right, I much prefer AW to AZ. The AW guys always make fun of AZ, I wonder if its the same thing on AZ. Audiworld's forum layout sucks but the information is top notch.

pinoyhero
10-04-2006, 06:06 AM
^Yeah I find the layout is kinda crap but no big deal. Thanks guys appriciate all the info. Although it seems as thought the B6 can't be modded in comparison to the B5 I like the xterior and interior way better and love the fact that there's till some warranty left. I'l probably even extend this trhough the deal if possible.

First mod for me with be light wheels...