PDA

View Full Version : Expired Plate!?

TheLegend8
10-01-2006, 11:44 AM
Alright, so some cop pulled me over for having an expired plate, I had not a clue that it had expired and I guess it had on august 31. Anyways he hands me a ticket and says im doing you a favor by not towing your car but heres a ticket. $230!!wtf!? If i was to goto court for this ticket is there anything I can try to do?

Proboscis
10-01-2006, 11:47 AM
bend over , Same shit happened to me. Expired for only 2 days
$44 ticket :cry:

hussein
10-01-2006, 11:52 AM
ahh. Thankfully some nice guy followed me when I had my expired sticker on and told me I needed to get it updated. :)

TheLegend8
10-01-2006, 12:13 PM
Such bullshit. Like you would think they would give you a bloody warning for it.

88CRXGUY
10-01-2006, 12:19 PM
You guys do know that registry sends you a letter a month or so before your plates ecpire to let you know you need to renew? Did you not get that letter?

saiyajin
10-01-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by 88CRXGUY
You guys do know that registry sends you a letter a month or so before your plates ecpire to let you know you need to renew? Did you not get that letter?

:werd: i actually got my letter mid-August and i just renewed it on friday cuz mine expires September 30...thats like a 1.5month notice in advance :dunno:

FiveFreshFish
10-01-2006, 01:52 PM
You can renew online and they mail you the sticker. What could be easier?

AllGoNoShow
10-01-2006, 01:52 PM
You can get it reduced sometimes, I got mine reduce to about $172, along with one other ticket thrown out and another reduced.

Go in and try.

Palmiros
10-01-2006, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by AllGoNoShow
You can get it reduced sometimes, I got mine reduce to about $172, along with one other ticket thrown out and another reduced.

Go in and try.

I'm not sure that works anymore. Wasn't there some law introduced lately, that doesn't allow you to reduce tickets/demerits?

AllGoNoShow
10-01-2006, 02:20 PM
doesn't allowed you to rid of all demerits.

Out of my 3 tickets and 3 demerits I only got it down to 2 demerits but I got one ticket thrown out and the rest reduced by 50%

hussein
10-01-2006, 02:22 PM
Getting it is one thing. But remembering to put it on is another. :dunno:

djayz
10-01-2006, 04:31 PM
its the same thing every year how do you forget?
its like your birthday do you ever forget that?
how about christmas you ever forget that?

suck it up and pay it next time around youll remember that at the end of august its cheaper to pay 70 bucks than 300

fast95pony
10-01-2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by TheLegend8
Alright, so some cop pulled me over for having an expired plate, I had not a clue that it had expired and I guess it had on august 31. Anyways he hands me a ticket and says im doing you a favor by not towing your car but heres a ticket. $230!!wtf!? If i was to goto court for this ticket is there anything I can try to do?

What happened to your renewal notice ??

Supa Dexta
10-01-2006, 08:09 PM
Yeah I got one of those as well.. I just paid it and said the hell with it.. Mine was a bit different, I just threw an old plate on a new car, I had parked on the street for a few days, not thinking anything would happen with it.. I was still driving my old one at the time.. So anyways, I consider it fine, since they cut me a deal with the 230, rather than 2500+ for no insurance on it at the time.. ah well, live and learn....

spike98
10-01-2006, 08:28 PM
I got ticketed and towed for the same thing. Mine was a lot more complicated though. I was shitfaced and a good (sober) friend of mine was driving my car. It was the day after it expired and we were going through construction and a pretty rough part of the road so i told her to slow down (lowered and low pros). She was doing 30 as to avoid damage and the RCMP dick pulled us over for "driving to slow"

I was then treated like a had a kilo of blow in the trunk and went through my entire car and my person (i let him of course i had nothing to hide).

So after a drunk person getting a sober person to drive and driving safe to avoid accidents and damage i ended up with the $230+$30 in cabs to work for a day and no car for a whole weekend. AND the douchbag towguy effed up my muffler because he was in a rush.

All and all it was my fault for being lazy but i dont think i deserved to be towed and searched.

How many demerits is this by the way?

AllGoNoShow
10-01-2006, 08:32 PM
Actually I jsut went through my ticket thing.

My speeding ticket was the 3 demerits dropped to 2.
My unregistered vehicle *expired* was no demerits just $.

69cougar
10-01-2006, 08:35 PM

it is a totally avoidable offence. Depending on how long you have been driving everyone knows what month your plates expire. Not only that you get your renewal notice 6 weeks prior.

96GrandAMGT
10-01-2006, 08:36 PM
no offence they do send you a warning about a month or 2 ahead, so suck it up cant do much... :dunno:

Black Gts
10-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Two years ago my liscence expired. Since it was the middle of October, I decided that it could wait untill the end of the month when I renewed my registration. When I got pulled over, I tried to tell the cop I didnt know my liscense had expired, he basically told me to eff off and stop lying. He said everyone has the responsibility, blah blah blah.

Good luck at the crowns office...

ricosuave
10-01-2006, 11:04 PM
Such bullshit. Like you would think they would give you a bloody warning for it.

boo fucking hoo

they DID give you a warning, in fact, they give everyone a warning about a month to a month in a half advance.

bet you'll remember next time, wont ya?

nonsane
10-02-2006, 11:07 AM
I never received a letter to renew my registration. But i was aware of it. I usually mark it a month early on the calendar so i don't forget.

Originally posted by djayz
its the same thing every year how do you forget?
its like your birthday do you ever forget that?
how about christmas you ever forget that?

suck it up and pay it next time around youll remember that at the end of august its cheaper to pay 70 bucks than 300

HAPPY REGISTRATION DAY EVERYONE :clap: :clap:

What are you guys doing for your registration day? I'M GETTING DRUNK

googe
10-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Haha, comparing registration day to birthday or christmas, yeah that makes sense :rolleyes:

But yeah, they do send you a notice. I didnt get mine last year cause I still had my old address on my license. When I got pulled over for it and explained that, I got another ticket for that too :rofl: Originally pulled over for speeding. That was an expensive day!

nonsane
10-02-2006, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by googe
Haha, comparing registration day to birthday or christmas, yeah that makes sense :rolleyes:

But yeah, they do send you a notice. I didnt get mine last year cause I still had my old address on my license. When I got pulled over for it and explained that, I got another ticket for that too :rofl: Originally pulled over for speeding. That was an expensive day!

I had correct everything and i didn't get mine. I even always get mail at my old place. and it didn't go to either one. So they do miss it. But that's not their fault.

Make a habit of glancing at the licence plate when you go to or from your car. I do it at least to make sure i turned my lights off (Saved my ass a few times)