PDA

View Full Version : crest white strips

kane584
10-01-2006, 02:53 PM
do they work?

Johnny C
10-01-2006, 02:55 PM
They work, but not for the 12 months or whatever they claim.

kane584
10-01-2006, 02:56 PM
what do you mean 12 months ?:confused:

snade831
10-01-2006, 02:58 PM
They are kind of a pain. You have to use them twice a day for 12 weeks or something for resluts to show. They do work but you have to stay on top of using them. I just use whitening toothpaste.

Johnny C
10-01-2006, 02:59 PM
K, they claim 'whiter teeth for 12 months' but in reality the whiteness from the strips lasted only a couple months for me and I dont even drink coffee or smoke. But aside from dr.'s treatment for $40 I was impressed.

edit: They are a pain in the ass, twice a day and there really flimsy.

kane584
10-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Johnny C
K, they claim 'whiter teeth for 12 months' but in reality the whiteness from the strips lasted only a couple months for me and I dont even drink coffee or smoke. But aside from dr.'s treatment for $40 I was impressed.

what if u just keep brushing after wards
does thw white ness still fade? :confused:

Johnny C
10-01-2006, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by kane584

what if u just keep brushing after wards
does thw white ness still fade? :confused:

yea it does :( i guess you could reapply at that point though :dunno:

abyss
10-03-2006, 12:00 PM
Blech. If you're gonna use them make sure to get the crest ones and not the no name ones. I got some for the wedding and they were seriously the most disgusting thing in the entire world. I'm still cringing just thinking about them and it was half a year ago! Yuck. :barf:

DepTrotter
10-03-2006, 12:09 PM
i think these things are shitty as fuck!!

first off, they are made for people with completely perfect teeth which i dont have (flame me, but neither do you) and they are really flimsy and i never know if they are on right.. not to mention my discomfort for the half hour you gotta wear them

my advice, is steal them, cuz i wouldnt recommend paying to use them

Masked Bandit
10-05-2006, 01:36 PM
My wife used them and I was pretty impressed. They were the Crest ones and they are a bit of a pain but you only use them for something like eight or ten days (twice a day). Her teeth are by no means perfect either.

BlueFrenzy
10-11-2006, 02:12 AM
Ok resident dentist chiming in again.

In theory they do work BUT the caveat is that they work for people with flat, broad and straight teeth. If you have crowded teeth, it's obvious that some teeth will have more exposure to the bleaching agent than others.

The other downside to them is that if you have fillings or false teeth in the front ... then obviously that will not change color.

Sure the Whitestripes are cheaper than the ones professionally made but the bleaching agent used is of lower percentage so, you might not be happy with amount of color change.

Not to toot my own horn, but by the time you buy 3-4 boxes/applications of Whitestripes to get the results you want, you could have easily spent the same amount to get customized bleaching trays with higher percentage bleaching agent from your dentist. The custom bleaching trays will maximize exposure of the bleaching agent to your teeth and will probably give you results quicker.

The other alternative is to have the bleaching done "in-office" by your dentist. Again depending on how stained your teeth are and how bright you want them, it can take anywhere from 45min to 3 hours. You may have heard of "Zoom" bleaching on Extreme Makeover ... samething as inoffice bleaching (just that it's a brand name). in office bleaching is a bit more expensive but you get results almost instantly (ie if you need to take wedding photos tomorrow).

Good luck and if you guys have any questions feel free to go ahead

PS. Like Abyss said .. the only ones that I would consider using are the Crest ones ... the colgate paint on ones are garbage because most it ends up in your stomach rather than your teeth.

toyboy88
10-11-2006, 07:52 AM
some brands of whitening toothpaste rot/stings the inside of my mouth cuz of the ingredients...:dunno:

CCM Pro
10-20-2006, 02:06 AM
i heard that getting them bleached adds a lot of sensitivity to them such as cold and hot foods...etc...is this true?

BlueFrenzy
10-29-2006, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by CCM Pro
i heard that getting them bleached adds a lot of sensitivity to them such as cold and hot foods...etc...is this true?

This is true ... your teeth will TEMPORARILY become more sensitive to temperature. The sensitivity will resolve after a few days (usually 3-5 days) after finishing the bleaching. Again, depends on what type of bleach and the strength of bleaching agent (ie more sensitivity when done in office vs less if done at home)

sneek
10-29-2006, 04:55 PM
I am using the Rembrant(sp) ones now and their kind of thick. I have used it for 3/7 days and haven't noticed a difference yet.