PDA

View Full Version : Ron with Revolution set Alberta's Import Records

ron korolak
10-01-2006, 03:56 PM
Just to let everyone know that on Friday night I went out to street legals and due to the rain only ran one pass which was 10.6 @ 134Mph. I had severe wheel spin in 1st and 2nd peddling the car several times and for some unknown reason let off before I got to the finish line loosing over 5Mph and I'm sure several tenths. I'm going to blame that on working nights then driving all day and racing all night after being up for 2 days straight. I well post a vid up tomorrow of the run and just wanted to thank everyone for there kind words and support.

Also wanted to thank my sponsors BF Goodrich, and The TIre Warehouse.

ron korolak
10-01-2006, 03:58 PM
Here is a vid of the run.

Right click and save
http://talongt66.4t.com/10.6low.wmv

talonboi
10-01-2006, 04:07 PM
thats crazy fast!!!

Z_Fan
10-01-2006, 04:10 PM
It was a thing of beauty.

ron korolak
10-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
It was a thing of beauty.

Looks like I might have to step up the game to keep ahead of all these SRT's.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-01-2006, 04:35 PM
Your my hero... :eek:

ogpog
10-01-2006, 04:39 PM
Are DSM's popular because they are easy to make fast? That was wicked!

Kicks my honda's ass, thats for sure.

ron korolak
10-01-2006, 04:42 PM
Turst me there is nothing easy about making a DSM run let alone run fast!:D

dankish1
10-01-2006, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by ron korolak

lol sooo true! keeping the fucking things running cost's more then mods :D

khtm
10-01-2006, 05:00 PM
Congrats man!

Kirbs17
10-01-2006, 05:07 PM
:eek: Well done!!

Hash_man
10-01-2006, 05:18 PM
wow, thats unreal... great work.

ron korolak
10-01-2006, 06:29 PM
Thanks guys!

SilverBoost
10-01-2006, 08:05 PM
A 10 second pass in a car that looks pretty much stock.... well from what I could see over the wall anyhow ;)

amazing man. Amazing.

A3GTiVR6SC
10-01-2006, 08:15 PM
wow, awesome numbers man!

just picked up a 98 TSi AWD in the same color you have :clap:

might ask you a few Q's from now on here. :D

90_Shelby
10-01-2006, 08:18 PM
Kick Ass!!! That is definetly moving, great to see the bar set that high for fastest 4 banger. I wish we had the time and spare change to get the Daytona out to have some fun with you guys considering the Alberta records being broken.

I'd like to see you run the other fast street car up in Fort Mac. You'd spank him off the line as I've gone sideways at 130km/hr with it so traction is a huge issue, but a highway run would be sweet to see. The car I'm referring to is a dark blue Viper that was built at Davenport, it makes over 700rwhp on pump gas. He owns Bilboard's Direct in Fort Mac. He knows of your car, and I think that would make for an awesome race......

ron korolak
10-01-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by 90_Shelby
Kick Ass!!! That is definetly moving, great to see the bar set that high for fastest 4 banger. I wish we had the time and spare change to get the Daytona out to have some fun with you guys considering the Alberta records being broken.

I'd like to see you run the other fast street car up in Fort Mac. You'd spank him off the line as I've gone sideways at 130km/hr with it so traction is a huge issue, but a highway run would be sweet to see. The car I'm referring to is a dark blue Viper that was built at Davenport, it makes over 700rwhp on pump gas. He owns Bilboard's Direct in Fort Mac. He knows of your car, and I think that would make for an awesome race......

Yes I know him. I would say he would have a hard time with me from a roll most of my time at the track is made up in the last 1/8th. I no several 9.5-9.9 cars that are over a second faster then mine in the 1/8th yet my car makes up time and Mph on the top half on them. I well talk to Don though maybe we can line something up.

90_Shelby
10-01-2006, 09:16 PM
Tell him and his wife Kris that Junior says Hi.

vr6
10-01-2006, 09:30 PM

True dat. Anyone who's run fast understands the hard work in both the building of the car, and the difficulties in driving it. How many times have you heard "I don't wanna drive in a straight line, that's why I'm into drifting" or some similar statement. Let that person take your talon down a 1/4 mile pass at 138mph and see if it's more of a rush then a 16 second car drifting the rear end out :thumbsup:

95EagleAWD
10-01-2006, 10:38 PM
Nice work, Ron.

Hope to see you at SCC Calgary!

ron korolak
10-01-2006, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD
Nice work, Ron.

Hope to see you at SCC Calgary!

I can say for-sure I well not be there or any other event that Markis or 780Gunners is affiliated with.:thumbsdow

95EagleAWD
10-01-2006, 11:25 PM

I can say for-sure I well not be there or any other event that Markis or 780Gunners is affiliated with.:thumbsdow

That's unfortunate.

There's lots of guys on 780tuners that are a little pissed about what happened... I'm only one of 'em.

japancar
10-02-2006, 03:52 AM
Nice work (great to see the video). It was funny to see that the other guy had a false start?

Super_Steve
10-02-2006, 08:37 AM
Great run! Whats going down on 780 is a joke, they seem to forget who made that site what it is, the members. Without them, there wouldnt be any sponsors coughing up money to advertise.

ron korolak
10-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Thanks for the support guys!:thumbsup:

vr6
10-02-2006, 09:08 AM
Ron,
What happened on 780 tuners is complete bull$hit and we're all pissed off about it. Super_Steve is right, and what I just created a topic to mention on 780. You know, it's funny. I used to host my own site, and always welcomed ANY new members. First 780 tuners started with their "no street racing talk" bull$hit, now they're getting out of control. People only care about visiting a site that is 'busy', they don't give a $hit for 1 second about 780 tuners. For a group of guys interested in making money off the import scene, they just shot themselves in the foot.

ron korolak
10-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by vr6
Ron,
What happened on 780 tuners is complete bull$hit and we're all pissed off about it. Super_Steve is right, and what I just created a topic to mention on 780. You know, it's funny. I used to host my own site, and always welcomed ANY new members. First 780 tuners started with their "no street racing talk" bull$hit, now they're getting out of control. People only care about visiting a site that is 'busy', they don't give a $hit for 1 second about 780 tuners. For a group of guys interested in making money off the import scene, they just shot themselves in the foot.

My problem is that I have supported them through all there bullshit for over 4 years coming to Calgary events, Edmonton events hyping up the races on the net trying to draw an interest. This last act was just the tip of the iceberg for me. When I won the "Best DSM" and the " Castrol Out-Performer" awards at Sport Compact Nights in Calgary and posted about it and pics they deleted that thread to. I only go there to bullshit and offer advice to people I'm not on there for people to help me out with my car problems. Which I was fine with before this censoring bullshit started. I could go on and on like how at there events people didn't get trophies etc... The funny shit is if Markis even new anything about cars or the industry he would have realized that Tire Warehouse is a large distributor for BF Goodrich and a title sponsor of 780!:nut: I'm sure he well just ban a few people and delete any threads about this till the problem goes away. The action of a true enthusiast? Nope!

vr6
10-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Here's a post I put to 780 tuners.

Most websites in the world now have "sponsors"... you know what that gets them? A 2X6" spot to display their name, not a guarantee noone elses name can be mentioned in a post. Don't think for 1 second 780 tuners is "just a website", because they know you are behind it, and the events you put on each year (DTP/v8less/SCC etc.) For ANYONE who turns their back on this site, they will turn it on all your events. I know you already stated to me that you are focusing your attention more to the general masses then the fast players, but a car like Ron's will single handedly draw a few dozen people to an event. Guys that have been in the scene for more then 1 year don't want to go watch a bunch of newbies shoot their 16 second car down the track. The more you piss people off with your decisions, the more motivation people have to put on events events exactly like you've been having. Everyone is trying to support the import scene, but their not going to do it based on your rules. My prediction is that 2007 will bring some new players hosting events, and these events will be where the key players in the import scene will be hanging out.

Ron, There's a few guys that have been around this scene a long time, and have the capability of putting on our own events. Let's have a nice long talk about it before spring ;)

ron korolak
10-02-2006, 09:59 AM
I would love to put on an event where the rules would give more then one or two people a chance at winning. We need some type of class structure etc.. Lets talk.

Redlyne_mr2
10-02-2006, 10:33 AM
So many people in the scene hating on 780 and Markis, you guys arent the first of major players who have stopped supporting that organization. Congrats on the pass!!

Mark Seto
10-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Hi Ron, VR6,

Real sorry this got blown out of proportion. I have the wonderful and pleasent task of communicating a lot of 780Tuners forum policy regarding Street Racing and Sponsorship.

In regards to V8less events, unfortunately my events won't make everyone happy and I'm the first to admit they are sometimes wacky and not fair for the top competitors like yourselves. I respect you opinions regardless.

Please accept my apologies but these are our rules on 780tuners.

vr6
10-02-2006, 03:53 PM
The thing is, noone here is a kid. Everyone has freedom of speech in Canada. If someone wants to tell someone they had a street race, or mention a business they like, they have that freedom. Noone wants to participate in a site that removes something they type. Sponsors of a site are there to obtain a spot on one of your webpages. It's the strangest thing, but everytime I go to google there are ad's on the page returned with my results, but my search results INCLUDE results from NON-SPONSORS!

The point is this, and nothing else. You are trying to build a community, just like having friends. Treat your "community" like shit and they will leave. PERIOD! Regardless of the rules "you feel" are correct. A community is not lead by 1 person, the decisions are supposed to be led by the community, and your community is telling you they don't like your decisions. So you are free to stand by your decisions made for your community, but you will be standing alone.

Like I said. Once you piss enough people off, you will force others to step in and host their own events.

ron korolak
10-02-2006, 10:24 PM
If my company or a company that sponsors me, or I attend an event like Sport Compact Nights which I would say is the number one car show in Alberta for imports and I can't report my results from the show, or a race then why be on the forum? I only went there to chat and offer help when I could, but I don't' need the aggravation.:drama: The way I see it, if I and my sponsors and the events I attend aren't good enough for you then, your forum isn't good enough for me. Shit if your car shows can't compete with SCN then instead of deleteing my posts why don't you step up your show to there level?:guns:

PiMpIn SmUrF
10-02-2006, 10:34 PM
very nice run man................................. im jealous

dammit i really wanted to make it to the track this year.

dj_honda
10-03-2006, 12:26 AM
I would love to put on an event where the rules would give more then one or two people a chance at winning. We need some type of class structure etc.. Lets talk.

heres the thing, there are plenty of well structured classes and rules etc. in the states from their events. instead of having one or two guys make a bunch of rules for events like SCC or whatever, how about just adapting nhra or nopi rules and running them here? i dont see why we have to be different. those rules are pretty fair, and dont leave much in the gray area. with SCC everyones asking about everything from what tires allowed, to exhaust restrictions to whether or not an oddball car not listed in the "allowable sport compacts" is allowed to run under the v8less class.

:dunno: just a thought.......

edit: btw very nice run. what ems do you run? and do are you using an anti-lag setup with it? it sounds like you are building boost off the line....

legendboy
10-03-2006, 08:11 AM
wow quite the rocket ship you have built there! good job :thumbsup:

ron korolak
10-04-2006, 05:45 AM
Thanks guys. Not using any anti-lag just the AEM 2-step.