PDA

View Full Version : good Audi / VW service alternative to the dealerships

10-01-2006, 05:12 PM
As an Audi A6 owner, I'm painfully aware how difficult it is to find reasonably priced service and repairs here in Calgary.

I was searching the threads here and on Eurodrivers.ca and noticed some favourable comments about Tune Dub and its owner, George. I noticed that George was well regarded for his VW skills, but, posters were wondering if he could handle Audi's as well.

I'm happy to report that after getting quotes from Glenmore Audi and 2 Square, amongst others, that were in the stratosphere for fairly routine Audi repair stuff, I gave George a call and am quite happy I did.

On my '02 A6 2.7 twin turbo, he replaced an oxy sensor, an auxiliary coolant pump (backup turbo cooler) and a tie rod end.
For those of you that know A6's well and know that after you're off warranty at 80,000 km, if you manage to get to 100,000 km on your A6 without having to replace those things, you're probably driving an Acura dressed up to look like an Audi.

Tune Dub was SIGNIFICANTLY lower priced than the others and George did the work in less time than the shop books call for.

His other clients can speak to his VW skills, but, I just wanted to let the Audiphiles amongst us know, that you've got a valuable service resource amongst us here in Calgary.

Tune Dub's located just south of the corner of 42 Ave and 1st St. SE (3 minute walk from the 39th Ave. LRT station) and George's number is 238-8633.

Classify me as a satisfied customer! :thumbsup: