PDA

View Full Version : LUDELVR we got turbo problems...any mr2 guys wanna give me some input

Redlyne_mr2
07-17-2002, 10:24 AM
I tired banging my exhaust hanger that got bent so that I could remove the muffler but the hanger might as well be made out of titanium cause not even a mssive hammer woudl work to bend it. I then tried removign the cat aqnd frotn pipe but the screws are on sooooo tight I ended up shatterign another ratchet and smokign my fuckign hand on the underbody super hard.....fuck I need a hoist and a torch...I dunno dude I think we may be fucked...dammit..I dont knwo what to do

kevie88
07-17-2002, 10:39 AM
WD40 the living crap out of everything and try it in an hour. When I did my motor swap the nuts on the exhaust wouldn't move at all until I sprayed them, and then it came off like nothing. (worth a try!)

Davan
07-17-2002, 10:40 AM
Maybe rent an impact wrench to get the cat and front pipe off?

redline
07-17-2002, 11:05 AM
air tools :thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
07-17-2002, 11:12 AM
I have a pile of ari tools I just havent used them in a year and we just moved so I have no idea where they are...plus I need a big ass compressor...I used toyota penetratign fluid and it didn do anything..and since my exhaust is above the rear cross meember I think I still need to haev the car off the ground so i haev room to wedge it down:thumbsdow

LUDELVR
07-18-2002, 02:05 AM
shit man, I'm not even sure what I was looking at when we were under your car! I think I was drunk!!! haha, anyway, do we have to take off that thing or can we work around it?

Big C
07-18-2002, 02:14 AM
my cat nuts came off not too difficultly, I didn't even have to use liquid wrench or anything like that, but the rest of the exhaust nuts on the other hand I pretty much dremmelled them off...it took a while but it worked! as for the front pipe, i didn't feel like getting my car off the ground moreso then it was so I cut it off

LUDELVR
07-18-2002, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Big C
my cat nuts came off not too difficultly

That just sounds funny!!!:rofl:

Redlyne_mr2
07-18-2002, 11:06 AM
fuck I was at it again last night..it is so frustrating cause they just wont budge...dammit....Leo we may have to get you a t3 from a junkyard..ill check to see what I ahev at the shop...dammit

Big C
07-18-2002, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

That just sounds funny!!!:rofl:

even funnier cus i have a cat :D