PDA

View Full Version : Mad at your neighbour? Get the message across!

frozenrice
10-01-2006, 09:24 PM
This is an email that I got from somebody. Good way to get your message across.

This is a true story; it happened in Utah and was on the news!

Here's the story. A city councilman, Mark Easton, lives in this neighborhood. He had a beautiful view of the East Mountains, until a new neighbor purchased the lot below his house and built.

Apparently, the new home was 18 inches higher than the ordinances would allow, so Mark Easton, mad about his lost view, went to the city to make sure they enforced the lower roof line ordinance. Mark and his new neighbor had some great arguments about this as you can imagine - not great feelings.The new neighbor had to drop the roof line - no doubt at great expense.

Recently, Mark Easton called the city and informed them that his new neighbor had installed some vents on the side of his home? Mark didn't like the look of these vents and asked the city to investigate. When they went to Mark's home to see the vent view, this is what they found...

(See attached pictures).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/goodneighbour1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/goodneighbour2.jpg

Honda_002
10-01-2006, 09:26 PM
hahahahahah
thats golden:clap:

LEB MAFIA
10-01-2006, 09:27 PM
Good for Him :bigpimp:

Nova316
10-01-2006, 09:33 PM
:clap: haha now he can enjoy the view

OneUpYou
10-01-2006, 09:39 PM
Now that is price less, What a lovely thing to wake up to in the morning...lol a big F U

frozenrice
10-01-2006, 09:42 PM
Can't blame the guy for putting those up. I'd be mad as hell if I had a politician neighbour pull rank and screw me around like that just because of a view. 18" in the big picture, isn't going to make a difference (at least when it comes to a roofline).

AzN'SKillZ
10-01-2006, 09:59 PM
^ but if u think about it lose of view means lower resale value.

Crymson
10-02-2006, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by AzN'SKillZ

Don't buy beside a vacant lot, unless you're going to buy that lot too.

jdm_eg6
10-02-2006, 11:53 AM
hahahah, awesome!!! what a classy way to get back at somone.. I love it!! i better get going to computer science class tho, ive got 3 min WOOOT! :thumbsup:

adam c
10-02-2006, 11:53 AM

i would rather have an obstructed view of the mountains then to wake up to a FU every morning.. imagine the resale drop from that compared to mountains

OneUpYou
10-02-2006, 12:02 PM
I don't think I could live with that, Ya that guy deserves it but you could never relax and look at the mountain view without a House Fingering You:guns: lol but the guy who put that up must laugh him self to sleep every night

black_radiation
10-02-2006, 06:39 PM
haha that rocks, i wonder how many people, say viewing the house for a showing would actually not notice that until after they moved in? lol

frozenrice
10-02-2006, 06:50 PM

You're a dumbass if you buy a house based on the view. There are no rules (other than building codes, bylaws and sometimes architectural controls) that stop anyone from building what ever they want in front of your view. Just like the people who buy a house next to Deerfoot and then complain about the noise...........

izzoblitzo
10-02-2006, 06:52 PM
that's on point!:thumbsup:

barbarian
10-02-2006, 08:41 PM
The owner claims that it's a stylized cactus.

403Gemini
10-02-2006, 08:44 PM
oh snap haha i love it

AzN'SKillZ
10-02-2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by frozenrice

You're a dumbass if you buy a house based on the view. There are no rules (other than building codes, bylaws and sometimes architectural controls) that stop anyone from building what ever they want in front of your view. Just like the people who buy a house next to Deerfoot and then complain about the noise...........

no ur a dumbass, the house that was build infront of him was not up to code cuz the roof line was to high thats y he had to spend the $ to get it fixed.

AzN'SKillZ
10-02-2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Crymson

Don't buy beside a vacant lot, unless you're going to buy that lot too.

thats y there a codes that house hav to follow. im not sure if the guy check before or not about the roof lines but he was in his rights to do it.

frozenrice
10-02-2006, 09:25 PM
When I said "you're a dumbass" I wasn't directing it towards you. I meant you're as in "people are dumbasses". Sorry for the bad English.

Yeah he built too high - 18" over height according to the article - by reducing the buidling's height to appease the bylaw and neighbour, does it look like the view has changed much? Money wasted with minimal result. I imagine that's why the new neighbour was mad in the first place, because he had to spend money for nothing just because the neighbour was pissed about losing his view.

Anyway, that's not the point of the thread. The point is a politician got pwnd by a creative use of standard construction material. I'm sorry you see no humor in that.

AzN'SKillZ
10-02-2006, 09:58 PM
When I said "you're a dumbass" I wasn't directing it towards you. I meant you're as in "people are dumbasses". Sorry for the bad English.

Yeah he built too high - 18" over height according to the article - by reducing the buidling's height to appease the bylaw and neighbour, does it look like the view has changed much? Money wasted with minimal result. I imagine that's why the new neighbour was mad in the first place, because he had to spend money for nothing just because the neighbour was pissed about losing his view.

Anyway, that's not the point of the thread. The point is a politician got pwnd by a creative use of standard construction material. I'm sorry you see no humor in that.

oh well then i retract my statment ur not a dumbass ur right 18 not that big of a deal, and i do find it funny!

seer_claw
10-02-2006, 10:04 PM
Hey the 18" may have allowed the council member to see the full skyline and not the house sticking over top....lol.

Now I know what to do to annoying neighbours.

frozenrice
10-02-2006, 10:10 PM
seer_claw, IIRC, you used to work at Totem. Think you can hook me up with some of those puppies?

seer_claw
10-02-2006, 10:25 PM
seer_claw, IIRC, you used to work at Totem. Think you can hook me up with some of those puppies?

Ya, I left there at the beginning of the summer for a job in construction, Totem was only a job while I was in school. Sorry man, but I can make sure that traffic on Glenmore is messed up for you now. :D

ricefarmer
10-02-2006, 10:36 PM
:rofl: ^ i mean... :banghead: what a bastard

frozenrice
10-02-2006, 10:39 PM
Well now. I'm definately gonna have to get some of them vents and make up a middle finger thingy, glue it to the side of my car so you can see it when I drive by on Glenmore. j/k.

Cool, I've always kind of wanted to work in that type of construction. Homebuilding is starting to wear me out a bit.

99atlantic
10-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Too much effort; I just buy a bucket of nails and dump them infront of neighbor's garages who piss me off....errrrr.....I mean, I don't do anything of that nature :angel:

BebeAphrodite
10-04-2006, 01:04 PM
Too bad he took it down.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/risque/ventcover.asp

frozenrice
10-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by BebeAphrodite
Too bad he took it down.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/risque/ventcover.asp

Nice find. I was wondering how the story ended up.

gpede
10-04-2006, 08:18 PM
haha thats wik.