PDA

View Full Version : cavlier Remote question

Hydr0nik
10-02-2006, 11:06 AM
I lost my keys and it had my alarm remote on it...The dealership wants 150 bucks for the remote...Is there a way i can get a remote and program it myself or is there a place that will do it as i think 150 bucks is unreasonable for a little rf remote....

Mitsu3000gt
10-03-2006, 09:45 AM
I agree the remote is probably not worth near $150 but that is pretty cheap as far as remotes go. I would just pay it. You can try E-bay for things like this but no guarantees there.

Audi wants $450 for a new remote for my car, as I only have 1 and would like a spare. I'm sure mercedes, porsche, bmw, etc. etc. are all at least that for a new remote and/or key as some of them are combined.

$150 is pretty good considering its coming from the dealer and everything. There are places that will install keyless entry for you but I think it would be more than $150. I'd just buy the remote from the dealer for $150 and be done with it.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-03-2006, 09:48 AM
If you can get a hold of it, the dealership should be able to program it for free. I know when my mom wanted a spare from T&T they just gave her one (about a year after she bought the car). So if you can talk to a salesman, sometimes they'll have a spare lying around they'll be willing to part with them.