PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1989 Honda CRX Si

C_CRX
10-02-2006, 05:59 PM
Time to sell my beloved car. It's a Yellow 1989 Honda CRX Si with 278k KM (178k on the 1990 CRX Si engine+tranny). I've owned it for the past 6-7 years (driven less than 50k KM in that time) and hate to see it go but no room for it and I pick up my new car on Wednesday. Ran Mobil1 synthetic since purchased. Reason why I never drove it much: Worked the oil patch and drove company trucks way more & was away from home lots.

It still has some mods on it that will be removed so it'll be getting sold as close to stock as possible. Unless the purchaser wants to pay extra to keep them.

Good:
-custom 2.25" exhaust (by Carline muffler) - OEM 89 Catalytic Conv removed
-new battery this past Febuary
-in past 30k KM: new clutch+PP+resurface flywheel+clutch cable, new alt+belt, new distributor, spark plugs, main relay, 02 Sensor and probably more that I'm forgetting. Most of this replaced w/o really the need but I did it for preventive maintenance anyways (many were the OEM pieces so they were 15+ y/o)
-1990 Si engine+tranny swap w/ headgasket + water pump + timing belt replaced shortly before the swap (around 50-60k KM ago).
-13" steelies on it atm with good All-season tires (Michelin) + set of 14" 'Star' rims included with crap rubber

Bad:
-Rusty everywhere
-Needs new windshield (current one was put in when I purchsed car, less than 2 months later it had recieved rocks and I didn't feel like spending more $$ to get another one so I just lived with it).
-Unexplanable damage to front pass fender (think this was a buddy when we did the engine swap, of course no one would fess up).

I have many, many extra parts available to purchase with the car too. Including but not limited to: Rota rims+tires, AEM CAI, Zdyne Gold SECU, 90 CRX Si seats, Rear disc swap parts, OEM power window kit for CRX, etc..

NEW PRICE: $2000

The car mechanically is good. I've spent a lot of my own time to make sure of it. It just REALLY needs some TLC on the body. Would make a great winter beater or project car tho. It'll be ready to see/test drive by the week of the 9th (need time to remove some parts, preparing for Thanksgiving currently, etc.. etc..). If your in/around Red Deer before then tho then just give me a call and I can let you take a peek/drive but be aware I still have stuff to do before I sell.

Pics: I'll try to get some taken/uploaded. If you have any specific pics in particular you want to see then just ask.

Contact: Post/PM or e-mail: c_crx (at) hotmail.com or call my cell (after 6pm) at (403)396-3973.

-Chris

J3FF3RSON
10-04-2006, 11:42 PM
do u have any pics taken yet cuz i'd like to see please

C_CRX
10-05-2006, 01:02 PM
Funny you mention that because I did take pics today and will be posting them after work (expect around 5-7pm today for me to post them). I'm not the best photographer so try to look past that. Got my new car yesterday too and love it. Miss driving the CRX already tho.

C_CRX
10-05-2006, 04:39 PM
Front shot of the car. I know it's dirty. CF ZC Hood NOT sold with the car. OEM Yellow hood will be reinstalled this weekend.

C_CRX
10-05-2006, 04:40 PM
rear shot

C_CRX
10-05-2006, 04:41 PM
Engine. AEM CAI will be removed unless new owner wants it. Has to let me know ASAP tho before I do it.

C_CRX
10-05-2006, 04:42 PM
Front interior shot. VERY dirty I know. Will be cleaning it this weekend too.

wylderhoads
10-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Can you take some more pics of the rust?

wylderhoads
10-05-2006, 05:47 PM
Are the crx's two or four seaters?

C_CRX
10-05-2006, 06:05 PM
CRX's are 2 seaters. They only came with a rear 'bench' in Japan but really there's not enough room back there unless someone w/o any legs sits back there. (I've never let anyone ride back there and no one has ever smoked in my car since I owned it too).

Rust pics. These are really the main rust (ie- rear wheelwells like every other Honda almost). There's a little rust everywhere tho. I can also include (at NO ADDITIONAL COST! but bring a truck) some good CRX doors with (I believe) no rust on them. They'd be great for replacing the current doors with if you are going to be getting the car repainted as they are BLACK and would make the CRX look like a bumblebee if installed w/o paint. Door glass is also available and OEM power window kit too (no charge for the windows, power windows will cost extra tho as it is quite a rare OEM option).

C_CRX
10-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Rear pass side rust. The other pic was the drivers.

D911
10-05-2006, 08:00 PM
Lookin to trade at all?

C_CRX
10-05-2006, 08:32 PM
What do you have to trade? If it's another car then no. I'd keep the CRX then but I don't have room for it so it must go.

I'd do a partial trade for some 17" or 18" 5x114 rims tho and I doubt anyone has any parts I'd be interested in for my new car.

C_CRX
10-09-2006, 08:34 AM
Replaced the CF hood with the stock hood. I'm away today but will be back tomorrow. Brought back a TON of OEM parts Saturday from my parents house so ready to sell those too - many will be given for free with the CRX..

C_CRX
10-10-2006, 06:16 PM
PRICE DROP: $2000

QD999
10-10-2006, 08:24 PM
hey, how does it run? good winter beater?

C_CRX
10-10-2006, 09:13 PM
Runs good. Only problem I've had recently was battery died while it was sitting at my parents place last winter when I was away in Australia for a few months. I'd keep it as a winter beater but I just don't have the space for it. It's currently sitting at a friends place for that same reason and I hate to inconvenience him.

Forgot to mention- I'll also throw in a set (2) of Soundstream Rubicon 12's in a custom Soundstream box and a Soundstream Lil' Wonder amp (if I can find the amp..). Systems aren't my thing so these have been sitting in storage. Free with the car! Car comes equipped with an older Panasonic CD player too. Nothing great by todays standards but it does the job!

C_CRX
10-11-2006, 09:27 PM
SOLD

God I'm going to miss that car. It's now sold & gone. To the new owner: treat her good man and when/if you go to sell her, let me know first - I may have room for her by then!

QD999
10-11-2006, 10:49 PM
thanks for an awesome car Chris, ill treat her well!