PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on tint

HRD2PLZ
07-17-2002, 10:55 AM
I've need some opinions on window tint. I have the option of having the dealership tint the windows on my car for a small charge. I got a 1999 Honda Accord EX-L 4-door.
I would like the tint to hopefully keep the leather cooler in the summer, but the car is a light gold color. I haven't seen too many gold cars with tinted windows so I can't get a good mental picture in my head. Also, if I decide to go with it- how dark should I go? I can't tint the front windows (I got a ticket for that with my last car). I thought if I did I'd go with a medium tint...What do you guys think? :dunno:

speedracer
07-17-2002, 11:20 AM
Talk to Shadow Tint :thumbsup:

Regardless you will get a ticket sooner or later for the front (go as light as you can for the front).

As well go with 3M tint (with metalic - not the dye)

HRD2PLZ
07-17-2002, 11:23 AM
I probably wouldn't tint the front, just the back 5

speedracer
07-17-2002, 11:29 AM
I'd go with Limo tint then.

Note: mirror tint is illegal.

redec
07-17-2002, 11:35 AM
my 2 cents:

if you're going to tint, tint all the windows the same shade....there's nothing that looks worse than having the front windows lighter than the back windows....doesn't matter how dark you go, as long as they're all the same shade

BEAT IT!!!!
07-17-2002, 11:43 AM
if you asre goign to modify it and go all out keep the tint off..it look so much cleaner..if you want a sleek lookign daily driver and some privacy go with the tint but keep it all the same shade

Ben
07-17-2002, 11:43 AM
Yep...myself, I am going with 85% all around (light) and i'm doing this knwing that I can and WILL be ticketed sooner or later. With light tint it is very unlikely the cop will spazz and make you remove it, but with darker stuff tickets will be more frequent and is the possibility of him busting out the razor on you...

HRD2PLZ
07-17-2002, 11:58 AM
I'm probably going to mod my car eventually, I think I'll got with a light tint and go all around. Thanks for your input guys :thumbsup: