PDA

View Full Version : Grand Car Audio - My Experience

Mar
10-03-2006, 10:18 PM
I was there a few days ago with my friend's car getting a Compustar pager alarm installed for him since he knows nothing about cars. The guy was a bit rude on the phone while booking the appointment, sounded like he was real busy and just wanted a yes or no before he let me go. However, when we got there that morning, he was awesome. He helped us out with whatever we needed while we waited, and the install was great. The alarm/starter works perfect, he even took my friend out back and went through the whole remote with him to explain how it worked. It was cheap too, came to $591 total out the door. So if you're looking for a place to get an install done, check them out, I'd recommend them. :thumbsup: They're located 2 or 3 doors down from The Car Salon at 1725 32 Avenue NE. They've also got a lot of other things there as well, including rolls of stereo wire sold by the foot. I thought that was pretty cool.

SWX
10-03-2006, 10:38 PM
car salon does all that too.

Canmorite
10-03-2006, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by SWX

TCS' reputation isn't the best right now...

CivicTunr
10-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by SWX

the only difference between the car salon and this store is,
that this store seems to have some great customer service,

SWX
10-03-2006, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

TCS' reputation isn't the best right now...
Have you ever been to TCS? Or are you just going by what was posted?
And if you go look at that post THIS guy had a great experiance with them, also the problem was in the TINT dept, NOT the audio dept.

FlySi
10-03-2006, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by SWX

And if you go look at that post THIS guy had a great experiance with them, also the problem was in the TINT dept, NOT the audio dept.

and they couldn't get the tint right, what makes u think anyone is dumb enough to take their car there to try getting an alarm done?

sorry but the next time i want to be harassed by a bunch of power tripping tough guys when i complain about a mistake ill go downtown instead :thumbsup:

CivicTunr
10-03-2006, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by SWX

my friend got a alarm installed there last year, sometime around august, well anyways it didnt work most of the time, and he tried going back, and same thing as sinister had, crappy service.

so im pretty sure if they can fuck something as simple as a tint job, and fuck a alarm, well guess what they can probally fuck up a audio installation.

lexis
10-03-2006, 11:19 PM
I had a bad experience with them a yr ago with my other car. It seems like there isn't a place that has a good rep anymore...

SWX
10-04-2006, 12:23 AM
No one had a problem with them doing audio in the Tint post.

SWX
10-04-2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by CivicTunr

my friend got a alarm installed there last year, sometime around august, well anyways it didnt work most of the time, and he tried going back, and same thing as sinister had, crappy service.

so im pretty sure if they can fuck something as simple as a tint job, and fuck a alarm, well guess what they can probally fuck up a audio installation.
Who did he talk to?

Mar
10-04-2006, 06:53 AM
The Car Salon had the same package for $250 more, that's why I didn't take him there. The quote I got was for $750 as opposed to this $500, that's the only reason.

dj_rice
10-04-2006, 06:47 PM
Ringos the man...he gave me awesome prices when I bought a Compustar off him...

HiSpec
10-06-2006, 09:00 PM
is Grand Car Audio owned by a chinese guy??
And like a few blocks away from TnT?

djayz
10-06-2006, 09:04 PM
^
its right beside the car salon when you enter that lot off 32nd ave its the first store on the right side i believe

Mar
10-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Ya, 2 or 3 doors down from The Car Salon, pretty much in the middle of that strip. And yes, it's an Asian guy, real nice.

hb2k
10-09-2006, 09:23 PM
Ringo shek is the man. i have been there like 5 times getting misc stuff done. never had a problem. and he doesn't have bullshiet like material fees that get added on to the bill afterwards.

And TCS. screw em. when i new to car audio and i wanted a deck in my moms old 89 camry just so i could listen to CDs, they pretty much laughed at me for putting in a deck in such an old car. ringo did i no problem. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

GTS Jeff
10-10-2006, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by SWX
car salon does all that too. You're the only one sticking up for TCS, while I've read tooons of bad comments about them from many other users. Why should I listen to you?

FlySi
10-10-2006, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
You're the only one sticking up for TCS, while I've read tooons of bad comments about them from many other users. Why should I listen to you?

probably cuz hes afiliated with them, search his posts and u will see all he does is push their mtx junk and stick up for them.

WWJAI
10-10-2006, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by FlySi

probably cuz hes afiliated with them, search his posts and u will see all he does is push their mtx junk and stick up for them.

Exactly this guy needs to stop with the whole defending thing and just come to realize that TCS ain't great and that they've done many wrong things to many people. If their your friends thats ok, but its ok to admit your friends arn't the best business people around.

Mar
10-10-2006, 11:27 AM
This is a discussion about Grand Car Audio.

03ozwhip
10-10-2006, 12:57 PM
ive been there, hes very helpful and knolwledgable. easy to deal with. im not so sure about some of the brand names he sells there, but either way its a good place.

Nate
10-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Ringo is a great guy. I have had a few issues with my compustar. Not his fault. It was a problem with the system itself. Both times he tells me to just bring it by. He looks at it. Fixed it both times in a cpl of minutes and I was on my way. Since then I have had 4 more done by him for family.

Jonathan@TCS
10-10-2006, 10:21 PM
Ok I have to speak up about my experience with Grand Car Audio. I have never had an install done there, so I do not know what kind of work they do. I have been told that before he opened that store, he use to sit in our showroom and hand out business cards, telling people he could install things for them. That is what I have been told, here is what I have experienced. I have had customers call and book appointments for stereo installs, and tints, they show up a few minutes late because the accidently went into his store instead of ours. When they told him they had an appointment, and they had spoken to Jonathan, he says yes ok no problem, we will get the vehicle in right away. After they have spoken to him for a few minutes they realize that he has no idea what they are talking about, because they are not at THE CAR SALON like they thought they were. I have even had customers who have asked him if they are at THE CAR SALON, and he says yes!

If this is the way he does business, I wouldn't want to trust him with my car.

msommers
10-10-2006, 10:33 PM
John,

That is seriously insane. I can't believe someone would do that! ^^^ Even still, I guess the work coming out was good so I dunno :dunno:

Originally posted by SWX

dude, you need to stop dry humping TCS

CivicTunr
10-10-2006, 11:14 PM
Original Post Removed. (Please read the Forum Rules and Terms of Use (http://forums.beyond.ca/articles.php?action=data&item=1) before posting again, or risk getting banned).

Mar
10-11-2006, 03:04 PM
Wow, that's bad. I seriously wouldn't trust anyone who did that, yet I had a good experience. :dunno: I'm willing to listen to more testimonials, but glad I can say I was actually there myself.

ninjak84
10-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Jonathan@TCS

HAHA!
Thanks for showing up to slam a business, when you didn't even want to stick up for your own.

That reminds me of this girl I know.... The only way she can feel better about being such a slut, is by running around calling every other girl a whore. Bitches these days....

:rofl:

CivicTunr
10-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

HAHA!
Thanks for showing up to slam a business, when you didn't even want to stick up for your own.

That reminds me of this girl I know.... The only way she can feel better about being such a slut, is by running around calling every other girl a whore. Bitches these days....

:rofl:
(not trying to bash anyone just want to know)

it could be true about him doing that,
but its called a dog eat dog world out there, so people try to do whatever they can to survive/ move up in life, ive seen companies trash other companies so there rep goes down, and than theres goes up.

so has anyone else heard of this guy doing it? besides a John at TCS right beside the company that DOES all the same work as TCS

marko polo
10-11-2006, 06:31 PM
Ok I have to speak up about my experience with Grand Car Audio. I have never had an install done there, so I do not know what kind of work they do. I have been told that before he opened that store, he use to sit in our showroom and hand out business cards, telling people he could install things for them. That is what I have been told, here is what I have experienced. I have had customers call and book appointments for stereo installs, and tints, they show up a few minutes late because the accidently went into his store instead of ours. When they told him they had an appointment, and they had spoken to Jonathan, he says yes ok no problem, we will get the vehicle in right away. After they have spoken to him for a few minutes they realize that he has no idea what they are talking about, because they are not at THE CAR SALON like they thought they were. I have even had customers who have asked him if they are at THE CAR SALON, and he says yes!

:bullshit:

hussein
10-11-2006, 07:02 PM

:rofl: :rofl:

GTS Jeff
10-11-2006, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84

HAHA!

:rofl: Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrn.

Jonathan@TCS
10-11-2006, 07:43 PM
I was wondering if this would get out of hand. I need to clear things up before they get blown out of proportion. I am not bashing Grand Car Audio, as I stated, I have never had work done there. I am just speaking from the things my customers have told me.

CivicTunr
10-11-2006, 07:49 PM
okay, has anyone else heard this guy doing that?

Cruz
10-11-2006, 08:01 PM

As mentioned above, trash talking another business isn't the way to build your own. I was pretty discouraged from the other posts regarding TCS but this one pretty much sealed the deal.

Jonathan@TCS
10-11-2006, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Cruz

As mentioned above, trash talking another business isn't the way to build your own.

I couldn't agree more, and that is why I made the second post to tell people I am not trying to trash talk anyone. I am just stating what my customers have told me.

Mar
10-11-2006, 10:48 PM
Relax. If someone knew this guy was doing this and didn't post it here, I'd be pissed. However in this case, the person who knew did post it and took the time to let us know. I'm pretty happy about that, this is something that should get out. However I'm a guy of personal experience so I'm still undecided, I've had work done at a few different places around Calgary. I don't think anything needs to get out of hand, the next time I get a question about a cheap place to get an alarm installed, I'll still mention the place, but I'll tell them about what he's done in the past and let them decide. The best thing to do is to just call the guy and ask him, maybe he has some sort of explanation? Who knows.

Nate
10-12-2006, 09:10 AM
So John your customers tell you this. So it is not your experience with Grand Car Audio. They go into his store that is clearly marked Grand Car Audio thinking it is The Car Salon. You take up a few more bays and are clearly marked. I have a hard time believing this happens alot.

Grand has been open for 4 years. I had my starter put in my vehicle there when it was brand new. If you want to bring stuff up from the past. About 7 years ago I was treated like crap at TCS. I was treated like a young person without any money. So i never got anything done there. As I see from these posts and the other problems people have had at your store nothing has changed at your store and I will not be coming there. Hopefully others see this and avoid your shop.

hussein
10-13-2006, 03:53 AM

Actually, if you don't even know who or what was happening in your show room, I wouldn't want to trust you with my car. ;)

Jonathan@TCS
10-13-2006, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by hussein

Actually, if you don't even know who or what was happening in your show room, I wouldn't want to trust you with my car. ;)

^^^^ I am a little confused, when did I say I didn't know what was happening in our showroom?

hussein
10-13-2006, 03:30 PM

^^^^ I am a little confused, when did I say I didn't know what was happening in our showroom?

I have been told that before he opened that store, he use to sit in our showroom and hand out business cards, telling people he could install things for them. That is what I have been told,

I guess that if you allowed him to sit in your show room then its no problem and I am wrong. Oh well, it doesn't matter, just thought I would point that out since you said you wouldn't trust your car with him.

DoubleLP
10-13-2006, 03:32 PM
In the line of work that I am in the last thing that you would want to do is bash the competition. It will come back to bite you in the ass or you will be exposed on a forum about the crap service that you give.

[email protected] you made the second post about how you were not bashing the competition but just relaying what your customers said. So what?? A little too late if you ask me.

I honestly would not take my car to your shop because of the bad stuff that has been said here on this forum and from my friends.

This thread began with someone giving kudos to Grand Car Audio. Lets leave it at that. Obviously he does good service and someone was giving him a high recommmendation. I can not remember the last time someone recommended your shop.

khtm
10-13-2006, 03:56 PM

You really suck at life now, don't you? :thumbsup:

AllGoNoShow
10-13-2006, 04:04 PM
I've gone in a couple of times inquiring about amps and such, get some help but I question some of his products. Some of the stuff he sells doesn't have boxes. His new shit is all scratched and missing pieces yet still at full price.

My buddy has asked him some questions about audio *I dunno shitlal about audio so I don't bother* and hasn't gotten the right answers back, aka answer for something else not what he asked, so its almost like he doesn't know.

Questionable in my opinion.

Mar
10-13-2006, 08:10 PM
The alarm install was good. :dunno: I was asking him questions about different aftermarket battery terminals and he seemed to know all about them, I ended up getting one for $20. I can't say anything about his knowledge of audio or business practices on any other days.

RandomAnything
10-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Call me lame or whatever but i still like visions...haha Everytime i go in there i can knock down the price and get my stuff installed for free all you got to do is scare the young guys into giving you what you want.

Mar
11-04-2006, 12:33 PM
So my friend calls me today and says he tried to pop his hood to put the warning sticker on there since he's taking his car into the dealership for some service. He was pulling on the latch and nothing happened. He brought it down to the shop and the guys told him whoever installed his alarm forgot to hook the wires back up and so they couldn't get the hood open. I'm wondering why the hell they unhooked the wires in the first place. But anyway, that's strike 1.