PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone do bodywork here? (or know someone who does)

Mckenzie
04-29-2003, 04:39 PM
I just need two tiny rust patches 'fixed'. One is the size of a nickel, and the other one is about 8 inches long, and about 1/2 cm wide.

I dont want to be bent over and raped to get these fixed. I just want to stop them from spreading.

Any ideas....

StrokeD z
04-29-2003, 05:49 PM
i do some body work

but i cant garante it that it wont come back

Mckenzie
04-29-2003, 07:51 PM
Thanx.....

I know trying to fix rust is some what futile, but if prepped right it should be alright.

Do you have a garage or do you work out of a shop?

There will be a bit of painting involved.... I will be trying to catch a few more estimates before I decide what to do..... I am looking for under the table if possible.

dsm69
04-29-2003, 07:55 PM
bring it to my shop concours collision 1201 42ave se 2436062 you get what you pay for! if its not done right it will come back.

Mckenzie
04-29-2003, 08:03 PM
Cool..... I know where that is. I always see sweet rides parked out front. ;) MY car is at acura tomorrow so it will have to be later this week.

It just seems like the estimate person is always trying to sell you the whole paint job. I mean, I was quoted some ourageous price for two tiny spots..... and if the price was right, I probably would go for the whole paint job....

Weapon_R
04-29-2003, 08:40 PM
If you are interested in doing an entire paintjob for a very reasonable price, I have a friend who does it. Licenced and is employed at Crowfoot Autobody, also works from home which is why it's cheap.

Mckenzie
04-29-2003, 08:45 PM
Weapon-R...

I will get ahold of you after wednesday sometime to get some kind of estimate lined up. I will be seeing one guy who might be able to do my car out of his shop. Thanx. :)

kaput
04-30-2003, 10:06 AM

StrokeD z
04-30-2003, 10:36 PM
do you have any pics of them if they are minor i will do it for free if you get the paint and sand paper

Mckenzie
05-03-2003, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by StrokeD z
do you have any pics of them if they are minor i will do it for free if you get the paint and sand paper

Thanx. I will have to try and get back to you when I am not working. I start work for the summer on monday, so I will be short on time for a bit. But I will try to get some pics and stuff.:)