PDA

View Full Version : Help. Gota pay ticket tomm court date.

slick2404
10-04-2006, 12:06 AM
So goin im lookin at my 'red light violation' ticket that i got last month and the date i have to go to court is tommorow...not quite sure what to expect.

Im prob being a noob, but its my first ticket ever in almost 4 year of driving and not sure what the proper procedure is.

Its a $287 ticket, Im not going to fight it because I cant really agure that I was right .... I pulled a left turn in a pretty late yellow and got pulled over for it.
-However, is it possible to maybe get it reduced a bit?

Do I actually have to talk to a judge about this, or do I just pay the lady in the office...I used to volunteer with the Elizibeth Fry Society for youth court but not sure how it is for adult court.

please help!

3G
10-04-2006, 12:18 AM
if ur just ognna pay it, go to the cashier and pay it

xDiMSuMx
10-04-2006, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by slick2404
So goin im lookin at my 'red light violation' ticket that i got last month and the date i have to go to court is tommorow...not quite sure what to expect.

Im prob being a noob, but its my first ticket ever in almost 4 year of driving and not sure what the proper procedure is.

Its a $287 ticket, Im not going to fight it because I cant really agure that I was right .... I pulled a left turn in a pretty late yellow and got pulled over for it.
-However, is it possible to maybe get it reduced a bit?

Do I actually have to talk to a judge about this, or do I just pay the lady in the office...I used to volunteer with the Elizibeth Fry Society for youth court but not sure how it is for adult court.

please help!

just go early in the morning, wait in line and talk to the crown
he calls you in and gives you an offer for reduced fine/demerits
then head to the cashier and pay

jay42w8
10-04-2006, 12:32 AM
^ why dont u just pay online?:dunno:

Watcher
10-04-2006, 08:50 AM
Dont bother paying it. They'll send you another letter announcing that you have been convicted. And, there won't be a warrant for your arrest until the fine goes delinquent for 30 days. Don't forget to pay it, or you will eventually get arrested(maybe).

mekeni
10-04-2006, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by Watcher
Dont bother paying it. They'll send you another letter announcing that you have been convicted. And, there won't be a warrant for your arrest until the fine goes delinquent for 30 days. Don't forget to pay it, or you will eventually get arrested(maybe).

:nut: :nut:

Thaco
10-04-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by Watcher

and then you get late payment charges.

3G
10-04-2006, 10:07 AM
whats the website to fill it online? would save me a couple hours of sleep instead of getting up earlier and heading downtown to pay it before work, got a ticket 2 saturdays ago, went yesterday to pay it and the cop didnt hand it in yet, what a bitch its been 10 bus days

yellowsnow
10-04-2006, 10:21 AM
read the payment instructions on your ticket...

Cruz
10-04-2006, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by xDiMSuMx

just go early in the morning, wait in line and talk to the crown
he calls you in and gives you an offer for reduced fine/demerits
then head to the cashier and pay

+1

The crown will, 9 times out of 10, offer a reduced fine/demerits. I don't know why people don't take this option because they tell you that on your first appearance date.

69cougar
10-04-2006, 10:50 AM
you could try and get it reduced to disobey a traffic control device,smaller fine and less points.

Clever
10-04-2006, 10:58 AM
If you were pulled over by the police then go in early so you can talk to the crown and then ask them to either take the demerits off and pay the fine or you can get them to reduce the fine, if it was me i'd rather get the demerits taken off. Too bad it wasn't a red light camera because at least that way you don't get demerits and just get them to reduce the amount. Good luck be in early if you have other things to do, i've waited for almost 2 hours once and I got there at 9.

slick2404
10-04-2006, 11:24 PM
thanks for the help guys...I went extra early, waited about an hour only to hear that they dont cut deals anymore, a ticket is a ticket so he said....i just had to swallow the ticket along with the demirts....

o well, lesson learned.

?????
10-05-2006, 01:06 AM
Yep since July 21st 2006 you can't plead RO(registered owner) anymore.

But in the past i have done the "you could try and get it reduced to disobey a traffic control device,smaller fine and less points." for the same infraction you had.

natejj
10-10-2006, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by slick2404
thanks for the help guys...I went extra early, waited about an hour only to hear that they dont cut deals anymore, a ticket is a ticket so he said....i just had to swallow the ticket along with the demirts....

o well, lesson learned.

are you telling me you cant fight any kind of ticket anymore?

feck