PDA

View Full Version : MK3 Supras

GTS Jeff
05-22-2002, 06:53 PM
What do you think of this car?

As many of you know, I've been wanting a CRX for my first car...but a 3rd gen Supra seems like a good deal too. There are a lot more Supras than CRXs for sale for one thing...The car is already pretty fast...they are fuckall cheap...RWD...turbo...

So what are the advantages/disadvantages of a Supra as a first car? Anything to look for when buying one?

bol
05-22-2002, 07:47 PM
http://www.suprastore.com/19193rdgenmk.html

RiceCake
05-22-2002, 09:06 PM
well RWD definate advantage there... not to mention they offer more power come with a factory turbo, which makes FI a breeze when going bigger turbo or what not. There are so many more possibilities with a supra. hmm.. if only there was some way to track down Ven from albertacars... he left the site a while back after all that bashing, although i'm certain he can give much insight into the subject here. :)

GTS Jeff
05-22-2002, 09:18 PM
thanks for the site bol! i would put handling mods on the supra to the max for sure! and of course an insanely loud bov too!

hmm i was hoping ven would post about this on abcars..forgot that he left. doesnt audikid know him?

cocoabrova
05-22-2002, 09:27 PM
Try and find a last year g3 (91/92 methinks) supra.. the all white turbo targa.... they kick/haul ass. Plus a targa :bigpimp: ?? I think for that vintage of car, there was nothing else available with as many options and power. Just be sure to get it THOROUGHLY checked out, especially if you're going turbo, for whatever year. Definitely check for service records and routine oil changes. Good luck to you man, and hopefully we'll meet up on the street/track soon!! :thumbsup: :woot:

legendboy
05-22-2002, 09:55 PM
I have a 87 Targa mk3 for sale. Brand new paint, white (its in primer, will be painted thursday), burgundy leather interior. The car needs an engine. It would be perfect for a turbo swap since the engine needs to be replaced anyways. 172kms, $2200 obo.

GTS Jeff
05-22-2002, 10:36 PM
Originally posted by legendboy
I have a 87 Targa mk3 for sale. Brand new paint, white (its in primer, will be painted thursday), burgundy leather interior. The car needs an engine. It would be perfect for a turbo swap since the engine needs to be replaced anyways. 172kms, $2200 obo. Hey cool, not sure if I want to mess with an engine swap since I don't know a whole lot about Toyotas yet...

Actually, I'm not so sure what insurance will be like so I will get a quote before I decide between a CRX and a Supra.

I'll get back to you for sure tho, thanx!