PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Help

bosa
04-29-2003, 06:38 PM
I've been going to this site to help with photoshopping basics such as, colour changing, lowering, etc. But the steps this guy tells you how to change the colour of the car, or how to lower the car but it doesn't work when I try it.. So can anyone tell me how to change the colour of a car, and how to lower it.

Thanks.

buh_buh
04-29-2003, 06:46 PM
maybe you shouldn't be making a photoshop site if you don't know how to photoshop.

bosa
04-29-2003, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
maybe you shouldn't be making a photoshop site if you don't know how to photoshop.

Who said anything about me making a photoshop site..? :dunno:

air_mikey
04-29-2003, 07:13 PM
all he said is that he went to a photoshop site that helps ppl with photoshop...

bosa
04-29-2003, 07:15 PM
Yes. Also, that the information on how to lower, and change the colour of a car that your photoshopping was wrong on that site. So I'm just wondering what the right technique is to do those two things.

blacklade
04-29-2003, 07:16 PM
damn, writing in italics is so fun, I'll type ALL my posts in italics just so people will notice my posts better :nut:

enough with the god damn italics

and now back to the subject.....

exactly what kind of troubles are you having when changing the color or lowering a car?

for lowering: duplicate layer, select everything below the body of the car using polygon lasso, move upwards until you think its right, deselect.

color change: well many ways you can do it but here is one way: duplicate layer, edit--> adjust---> hue/saturation, if color of the car is neutral then select COLORIZE box in bottom right corner, adjust sliders until you get a nice color, hit ok. Then erase everything else of the duplicated layer that you don't want colorized

or: edit--->adjust--->selective color, mess around with settings in there until you get a nice color

bosa
04-29-2003, 07:21 PM
Ok thanks, I'll try that out. =)

RC-Cola
04-30-2003, 09:36 AM
You can also try looking at this site.

http://www.photoshopjunkie.com/tutorials.html

It's very good in explaining how to do different car related chop's, just make sure to read everything he has to say, it's easy to miss a step.