PDA

View Full Version : Another importing thread

Rarasaurus
10-04-2006, 09:57 PM
I bought a car from the states but because i do not have time to go get it i am using a shipping company.
I decided on searail because it was the cheapest.
They sent me a form to sign. Its the sight unseen form. Because i have never seen the car i technically cant say what is wrong with it like scratches and so on.
This form however states that i they are not liable to damage on the car other than fire theft or total loss.
It also sais the highest amount they will pay is 10g even if it is stolen.

This worries me a little and i am wondering if this is normal in the car shipping world.

pinoyhero
10-04-2006, 09:58 PM
Go with Hansen's my friend I've heard nothing good about searail.

TeamBestBud
10-04-2006, 09:59 PM
Searail (http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=39802&highlight=searail)

Rarasaurus
10-04-2006, 10:06 PM
After reading that searail thread
Ill for sure use hansens
THanks

New2Talon
10-05-2006, 12:22 AM
Last friday I just recieved the car I bought and shipped through hansons. Good company. I was going to go with searail at first because they were cheaper, but decided to go with hansons. Main reason for hansons was damage coverage and shipping times.

When the driver picks the car up he does a "walk around" inspection that is VERY detailed, noting ANY damage there is on the car at that time. When you recieve the car you also do a walk-around and if there is any damage that wasn't pre-existing to your car being picked up then you can file for insurance (need to get two quotes for work then submit that to hansons)

...although when the car rolls off the truck it will be dirrrrty as hell...