PDA

View Full Version : Brake viberation

HiSpec
10-05-2006, 01:08 AM
Any recommendation of a reputable shop to take a look at my brake viberation?

Thanks

Watcher
10-05-2006, 07:42 AM
have you check your brake fluid level?

rc2002
10-05-2006, 08:22 AM
Sounds like your rotors are warped.

HiSpec
10-07-2006, 11:20 AM
brake fluid level is up to spec.

i'm leaning towards warped rotors...
economical-wise, is it better to get new rotors or to get it re-surfaced?

hoamic11
10-07-2006, 11:26 AM
depends how bad they are, and how much material is left

HiSpec
10-07-2006, 04:05 PM
cuz i see the one of beyond's sponsor, optionjdm, is having a deal for brake rotor + pads. And the price isn't that bad... just comparing which would benefit my situation.

But for sure I won't be going for the cross drilled or slotted because I have heard that they are prone to cracking compare to solid disc.
And CF pads... are they that much more efficient?

codepoet101
10-08-2006, 01:09 PM
if your brakes have enough braking for you just get them resurfaced, if you take them off yourself partssource will do it for 11$ a rotor. or just go to a midas or something they are all pretty good comes with warrnty

carter_prelude
10-08-2006, 01:15 PM
get your brakes inspected. They will most likely need to be turned (re surfaced). If they are past the minimum discard thickness you will need new rotors.

hoamic11
10-08-2006, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec
cuz i see the one of beyond's sponsor, optionjdm, is having a deal for brake rotor + pads. And the price isn't that bad... just comparing which would benefit my situation.

But for sure I won't be going for the cross drilled or slotted because I have heard that they are prone to cracking compare to solid disc.
And CF pads... are they that much more efficient?

If you want to upgrade your brakes, then yes that optionjdm has a pretty good price for and slotted rotors aren't bad, it's the cross-drilled ones that are prone to cracking under heavy use. Of course solid disc would be the idea option, but if your gonna upgrade then a solid or slotted disc would be fine, and going to a different type of pad material will yield a better grab/grip to the rotor helping it slow down faster

Most economical way probably is just going oem