PDA

View Full Version : help! brakes....??

shawtie
10-05-2006, 08:43 AM
So im driving and the brakes seem fine and ive been told my several people the brakes seem good and blah blah, and every so often the brakes like jam ? or i dont know but I cant push the brake pedal down....its like its stuck and i have to really stomp on them with all my strength...but it only does it every once in a while...what could be wrong and where do i go to get it checked out and fixed

Tik-Tok
10-05-2006, 08:48 AM
Is there any give at all? Or is it stuck at full pedal height?

shawtie
10-05-2006, 08:49 AM
when it gets stuck its at full pedal height

Tik-Tok
10-05-2006, 08:55 AM
Have you checked under your dash to see if the pedal linkage is getting something jammed in it?

If you have and there's nothing that's getting jammed that you can see, the primary piston may be getting caught on something inside the master cylinder, in which case it's time for a rebuild, or a new master cylinder.

Tik-Tok
10-05-2006, 09:02 AM
You should also try flushing your break system first, there may be something in your master cylinder reservoir causing it to stick, but if it's large enough to do this, chances are likely flushing it won't get it out.

shawtie
10-05-2006, 09:05 AM
how much does this usually cost to fix?

I have a brake flush appointment for 4 today

Tik-Tok
10-05-2006, 09:19 AM
Depends how mechanically inclined you are I guess. If you are, it's not that hard to change a master cylinder, if you aren't, well, phone around.

shawtie
10-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Ya I dont even know what or where that is.....so i guess im phoning around :P