PDA

View Full Version : side mouldings for bmw

signature7
10-05-2006, 06:50 PM
does anyone know where i can get a side moulding for my bmw 318i or knows how to fix it, the drivers side back door has a side moulding that is not fully attatched, i want to fix it but i dont know where to start. thanks for any input

Mitsu3000gt
10-06-2006, 08:33 AM
Go to the dealer or try Ebay. Or, post on one of the BMW forums and ask those guys.

j0nblayz
10-06-2006, 09:19 AM
you just need to buy the clips, go to calgary bmw and tell them you need a clip, i think they were like not even $0.50 for one.

signature7
10-06-2006, 12:09 PM
thanks a bunch, i'll go try that

Proboscis
10-06-2006, 08:38 PM
clips are like 2 bucks a piece, depending which model. 2 dollars max

stevo31
11-08-2006, 12:18 AM
i had to same problem
clips from bmw crowfoot.....8.50 a piece :banghead: from the stealership
its definitley worth the money tho quick fix and makes it look much better.

tommy_W201
11-08-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by j0nblayz
you just need to buy the clips, go to calgary bmw and tell them you need a clip, i think they were like not even $0.50 for one.

Was that way a couple years ago. They introduced minimum prices for parts recently in Germany and I suppose in Canada too (e.g. a part has to cost at minimum ...). Thus, it adds up if you need a couple clips. Last time we needed these clips they came 0,67 EUR apiece.

However, instead of visiting the official dealer check a paint shop in your city. If they paint imports they should have these clips on reserve, since they also have to detach these mouldings for paint jobs. You probably can get all of them for a six-pack there since these guys get discounts from the manufacturers. That's the way "networking" works in Germany :).

Originally posted by stevo31
i had to same problem
clips from bmw crowfoot.....8.50 a piece :banghead: from the stealership
its definitley worth the money tho quick fix and makes it look much better.

Man is that stuff really that expensive over there? If you need less expensive stuff shipped directly from Germany visit my cousin (http://www.race-corner.de) (-> Kontakt) or PM me. I am still living at the source :D.