PDA

View Full Version : amp not working

fordman363
10-05-2006, 07:23 PM
i hooked up a sony xplod 600 watt amp. i used an installation kit which had everything for it. i have power going to the amp but not going out. is this a bad amp?

Mike w
10-05-2006, 07:28 PM
first off yes, that is a bad amp, you souldnt have went with sony xplode in the first place. but anyway. check ur ground, make sure it is a good connection with no paint covering the metal, make sure ur rca's are connected to the right preout, depending on how many u have. is the power light at least comming on?

fordman363
10-05-2006, 07:33 PM
yes the power light is on. everythings working. until you get to wiring the sub. i had a tester and took the fuses out and they have current going to them also. so i dont know

Mike w
10-06-2006, 05:32 PM
hmm well thats fucked man, is this a used amp, somthing must be fucked up internally

ZMan2k2
10-06-2006, 06:47 PM
First things first. What's the model # on the amp? Is it a mono-block amp, or is it a 2-channel that can be bridged? These things matter so that you know how to hook up the speaker leads to your sub. Do you have a multi-meter? If you do, turn the tester to AC voltage, and put the leads on the speaker terminals on the amp with signal going to it. The voltage should change with the signal, showing you that there is signal going out of the terminals. If there is no power on the terminals, then there is your problem. Other than that, I can't help without knowing the model of amp.