PDA

View Full Version : Shop in the south

civic_rida
07-17-2002, 12:04 PM
Dont you guys think there is a need to have a Aftermarket Car shop here in the deep South

Ekliptix
07-17-2002, 12:07 PM
yes. definatly, especialy the sw

HRD2PLZ
07-17-2002, 12:14 PM
Yes! I hate having to drive all the way up to the north to look for anything aftermarket for my car!

redline
07-17-2002, 12:15 PM
no not really. who the hell would drive to the deep SW?

Ben
07-17-2002, 12:19 PM
half the city, lol

redline
07-17-2002, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Benny
half the city, lol

great the half the doesn't mod their cars! :banghead:

Ben
07-17-2002, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by redline

ass, LOL

max_boost
07-17-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by redline

You don't know that!

Evan
07-17-2002, 04:56 PM
I'm in the North, no need for a shop for me :)

Unless it's better than all the shops up here :D

eur0
07-17-2002, 05:16 PM
I know countless people who think there should be a store in the south...I think a performance store near the colliseum would make really good money! :thumbsup: If I had any kind of ambition to open a store, it would be a performance store and located probably in the shawnessy area...just my .02

Evan
07-17-2002, 05:35 PM
If I had money to start up a store, I'd do it for sure. I wonder how much money it takes to start a business.

HRD2PLZ
07-17-2002, 05:40 PM
You might be able to get a business license and draw up a plan, then apply for financing from the banks. Or, you could get a business license, and sell it from your house. If you did that, then you can write off part of your rent/mortgage, bills, etc.
I would imagine its expensive to start a new business, but so many people are into modding cars now, especially since there is no store down in the south. I'm sure you'd be busy! And the location by the colliseum is perfect, its still not too far from Deerfoot so the people from the north can come check it out!

Ferio_vti
07-17-2002, 06:03 PM
That's the problem with the south end, especially like the Colleseum, its too damn expensive to own property there. The ones up north aren't in any trendy shopping districts. Besides, you don't want chumpy little highschool punks buying stuff and suping up their parents cars.
Bad enough they sell some stuff to them at Crappy tire...

If you want to open a tuner shop, open one up in the industrial area, way cheaper to own and operate. I think a sweet location would be near Race City in the Foothills District.

And about owning and operating from your home, it would have to depend where you live and what you plan to do... You can forget about running a garage, they would allow that in a residential area. And second, you'd have Fort Knox the place so you won't get the place cleaned out be some assholes.

GT2NV
07-17-2002, 06:29 PM
shit we so need a shop down here, someone should do that , i bet it would prosper alot, cause theres alot of modded cars down here:burnout:

BarryBeach
07-17-2002, 06:34 PM
Yeah we definatly need a shop down here, Lets all pool our money and open a shop. :thumbsup: Hey B18c allready has all of the "official" dealer status'. unless they expire. :dunno: :burnout: :burnout:

sexualbanana
07-17-2002, 06:52 PM
that expired a hella long time ago.

eur0
07-17-2002, 07:12 PM
hopefully jeff can get something together, getting the liscence and the companies is fairly easy. Actually owning a location is the trouble, imagine if they had a huge performance store where the red devil is! with that large parking lot and a spot to turn in off from macleod...geese that would be huge!

4wheeldrift
07-17-2002, 10:02 PM
hey, complimentary car prowling with your purchase at the coliseum :confused: Damn, that place is like car prowling central. I know so many people who had their cars broken into while at the coliseum.

three.eighteen.
07-18-2002, 01:15 PM
just wait till i finish school in edmonton (ETA 4 yrs)...i sorta plan on starting my own business, and honestly a tuner shop isnt a bad idea....eh eh....tbk...im looking in your direction when i get back...:thumbsup:

RCBVtec
07-18-2002, 02:14 PM
A shop in the south has been a long time coming... we need one bad... but I would stay away from the coliseum area too, I also know a couple of people who's cars have been broken into; and heard of many more!! :thumbsdow

todaB18c5
07-18-2002, 10:43 PM
Sw? lol there are no tuner cars in sw...well the numbers are growing slowly. Tuner works is close enough... for sw/se

importadrenelin
07-26-2002, 11:25 PM
Shop:
Import Adrenelin
3227 56th Ave. SE Unit 1
It's in the foothills industrial park about 5-10 min North of the RaceCity Speedway turn off:
Specializes in Body Kits, Hoods, Fenders, Spoilers also does Performance and Wheels......
Phone-(403)-873-0293
www.importadrenelin.com

three.eighteen.
07-27-2002, 12:54 AM
jason longshaw that u?

border_project
07-27-2002, 11:45 AM
i think a shop by the colesium would be a little too far south. the people living around chinook would have to drive far or go to tunerworks or some north store. i think between chinook and southcenter but a little more closer to south center would be good location

dj_honda
07-27-2002, 10:42 PM
personally i would not care where a shop was located. i would shop around for the best price/quality/service and would not care about driving wherever in the city. oh, and i just saw a new shop today in the NE, well it might not be new, but i just noticed it, millenium motorsports, near castleridge...had some nasty kits on the cars out front so i dont think its that great...but jus mentioning it

GP_DrIvEr
07-28-2002, 06:06 PM
1st ... if there was a shop near the coliseum yeah sure everyone near chinook would have to drive "quite a far ways" its only 15 min down macloed in non rush hour. but the population south of canyon meadows drive is like 75,000 and there is quite a bit of expanding going way south way down 22x both east and west

2nd... i think break-ins down there have slowed down tons because they just built calgary's largest police station in sundance about 15 seconds away from the coliseum ( :( i have to be a little more careful of my speedign habits)