PDA

View Full Version : Tune Dub

Mitsu3000gt
10-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Well I got my car back from Tune Dub today, it went in yesterday (thurs). I would like to say that I am VERY happy with the work George did on my car, I am confident that he really knows his stuff, and his prices are very reasonable (labor is $70/hr).

He did my 96000km service (brake bleed/change, new sparkplugs, air filter), a couple tie-rod ends and a new coolant bottle resovir (mine was leeking where the hose met the resovoir for some reason, and he cleaned my HID ballast which had a bunch of dried up coolant on it due to the leak, which he didn't have to do). All work was done quickly and exactly as described. He even took me into the back to show me the difference between different quality tie rod ends, and why mine needed to be replaced, etc. He even called me to ask if I wanted an oil change while he had the car up on the hoist before he was done with it.

I will be going to him from now on, and am glad I have found a place where I don't have to worry about getting screwed out of money, or worry about the actual work being done. It is also in a good location just off of McLeod trail, on the corner of 42nd Ave and 1st ST SE. His phone # is 238-8633.

I would reccomend him to anyone with a VW or AUDI for any service as he knows his stuff, does good work, and is reasonably priced.

tapout
10-06-2006, 05:57 PM
:werd: he is a good guy

tictactoe2004
10-06-2006, 06:03 PM
About a month ago there was a post asking about who the better VW mechanics are and he was recommended. I went to him for just a simple oil change - he fixed a couple small things for me free of charge and when I asked him if my car needs anything else he said he looked it over and could only find one minor problem that wasnt serious... my girlfriend was kind of shocked about how honest he was for a mechanic. I will definatly be using him for all my GTI work from now on - I dealt with George as well, seemed like a great guy..

Cruz
10-06-2006, 06:47 PM
I find Glenmore to be way overpriced and not really the most knowledgeable. Looks like I found me a new mechanic. Will try them out this week and see what happens.

10-07-2006, 02:55 PM
While we're patting George on the back, let me add a link to my previous post on this same subject. :thumbsup:

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=148589

Teggy2nr
10-07-2006, 03:27 PM
So dose he just specialize in german cars then cuz i wouldnt mind checkin it out i dont have a good mechanic

Mitsu3000gt
10-07-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Teggy2nr
So dose he just specialize in german cars then cuz i wouldnt mind checkin it out i dont have a good mechanic

Hes a VW mechanic but he's just as good with AUDI's as they share alot of parts and have similar arcitecture.

dj_honda
10-07-2006, 07:14 PM
no contact info/directions allowed, just letting you know before you get your thread nuked.

ryder_23
10-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by dj_honda
no contact info/directions allowed, just letting you know before you get your thread nuked.

???

They're not selling anything...just saying who they think is good...glenmore audi was mentioned, does that mean this thread will get nuked cause they dont sponsor? Or what about the restaurants that get rated? they dont sponsor.

Klobi-1-Kinobi
10-08-2006, 09:06 PM
I have nothing but good things to say about George. Very honest and straight forward. :thumbsup:

Cruz
10-16-2006, 04:03 PM
^ +1.

Just picked up my car and George seems like a stand up guy.