PDA

View Full Version : Is this a scam?

MrPid
10-06-2006, 09:47 PM
There was a Supra scam thing going on here before - pictures of a red one taken with a jet and some buy from overseas. Tonite I was cruisin' ebay and came across an ad for a 95 and his buy it now is 8200.00. Seems too low, but the car is in Ontario.

Have any beyonders in ON checked this thing out?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/Toyota-Supra-1995-Toyota-Supra_W0QQitemZ120039579596QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6447QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Tik-Tok
10-06-2006, 09:55 PM
Carfax it and find out.

tictactoe2004
10-06-2006, 09:57 PM
well you know what they say, if its too good to be true... it probably is

QuasarCav
10-06-2006, 09:57 PM
My detector goes off, his rebuild was worth far more than the buy it now price.

timsthetim
10-06-2006, 10:03 PM
he has a history of being a good buyer, but has never sold anything before, has bought bikes so his sorry checks out somewhat, seems a little sketchy

doublepostwhore
10-06-2006, 10:09 PM
Bullshit.

403Gemini
10-06-2006, 11:10 PM
carfax it and call the shop he apparently had it rebuilt at and ask how it was running otherwise

01RedDX
10-06-2006, 11:43 PM

SilverBoost
10-07-2006, 09:57 AM
I don't buy anything on eBay larger than what PayPal will insure my purchase for. And if you ever have to ask yourself if it's a scam, then maybe you should move on to a scenario where that question doesn't enter your mind. You'll be happier for it. These days the chances of a "good deal" escaping the eBay pro Buy-n-Sellers, is pretty rare. You can get a good deal on eBya don't get me wrong, but the unbelievable ones are hard to find unless it's some obscure object that nobody searches for.

FivE.SeveN
10-07-2006, 10:22 AM
Yeah I just got burned on ebay for some front speaker brackets -- 20 bucks, so whatever paypal is getting my $ back. But the days of ebay being scam-free (this was like.. years ago) are long gone. Buyer/Seller rep can be faked easily using 'penny' sales, yknow?

403Gemini
10-07-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by FivE.SeveN
Yeah I just got burned on ebay for some front speaker brackets -- 20 bucks, so whatever paypal is getting my $ back. But the days of ebay being scam-free (this was like.. years ago) are long gone. Buyer/Seller rep can be faked easily using 'penny' sales, yknow?

Dont you miss those days? where reading input FELT like you were reading a humans input? "Great guy to deal with!! I bought a set of speakers from him (pioneer <enter model number>) and they sound great!!! even came in the original box! THANKS MAN!!"

now its all

"GOOD SELLER A++++ "
"A++++++++++++++++++++ BEST EVER"
"A++++ FAST A++++ x INFINITY"

Also when it was PEOPLE selling their shit instead of small time companies ADVERTISING off ebay

"BUY THE APEX-I GREDDY MUGEN EXHAUST!!! .... visit <insert website address here>"

Then i think to myself... "so what brand is it....?"

Or "bid here, pay through paypal, register on the website, sell your first born child, see that flaming hoop - JUMP THROUGH IT, give satan your soul, mail us your mailing address, check your email 3-6 weeks later for confirmation, send us cash to mail out the product, visa # and expiration date please, mail us a picture of you kicking your dog on the face, then please allow 3-6 weeks for delivery from UPS (hidden fees may apply)"

SilverBoost
10-07-2006, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by FivE.SeveN

yeah nothing is scam-free. It's a constant battle between scammers and the people in charge of preventing scam of who's out in front.

I mean there are still people getting scammed by stuff that most people would consider blatantly obvious scams... so as long as people out there continue to fall for it, they will exist.

jcrules99
10-07-2006, 11:18 AM
^^^:rofl: :rofl: thats awesome.. so true too

SilverBoost
10-07-2006, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Or &quot;bid here, pay through paypal, register on the website, sell your first born child, see that flaming hoop - JUMP THROUGH IT, give satan your soul, mail us your mailing address, check your email 3-6 weeks later for confirmation, send us cash to mail out the product, visa # and expiration date please, mail us a picture of you kicking your dog on the face, then please allow 3-6 weeks for delivery from UPS (hidden fees may apply)&quot;

haha, great rant. :thumbsup: It's funny because it's true.

FivE.SeveN
10-07-2006, 01:22 PM
Fuckin 'a man... "GOOD SELLER A++++ WOULD BUY AGAIN", sounds like a rep-bot.

Eh I guess the moral of this story is.... buy locally? ;)