PDA

View Full Version : 1993 RX7 crashes on panamount gate, NW.

XylathaneGTR
10-07-2006, 01:10 AM
So i witnessed an awesome display of Young Drivers + Street racing tonight.
I was leaving the theatre and walking through the back lot when above mentioned RX7 and a Dark Skyline ripped through the above mentioned intersection. I can't estimate speed, but they were fucking ripping it. They were pretty loud, so i'd guess topping out 3rd gear. The RX7 moved to pass a slower moving jetta (going the speed limit, lol) and fish tailed a little, then completly lost control. He did a nice 180 in the street, jumped the median and plowed over 3 or 4 trees, and ended up high centered on them.
By the time my friends and i made it there, the driver was outside the vehicle running around (checking damage i guess.) It wasn't too badly damaged, and appeared to be stock with an exhaust.
Thankfully the driver was okay.

The driver of the skyline though? Didn't even fucking stop. by the time we ran over (25 seconds, tops? including my crippled, cane using ass) he was long gone. Great job asswipe.

The RX7 driver was a pretty young guy, and he asked us to help him push his car, and we declined. he then STARTED his car and was spinning his wheels, trying to get himself out of there. he asked us again to help him move his car, and we said "we'd rather wait, thanks." Not really sure if he was trying to take off from the scene, or if he was just worried about his car and the damage...but still...wtf?

So anyways, the police showed up, and laid a "Street Racing" ticket on him, and a "Damage to civil property." ticket, as well as the EMS fee and other things. He was unable to produce registration, so there might have been a ticket for that, we left before they decided on that.

So, did anyone else happen to see this? I know i was in probably the exact same mindset at one point in my life, but still, wow.
He hit these trees on his drivers door, he's lucky he's not dead.
I did grab a few pictures, but they were on a camera phone, at night, in poor lighting, so you really can't see much.

TheLegend8
10-07-2006, 01:14 AM
Your a fucking faggot. you should have helped him

muse017
10-07-2006, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by TheLegend8

:whocares:

Glad to hear that little punk got some lesson to learn...

403Gemini
10-07-2006, 01:18 AM

and you're an fucking moron

a.) XylathaneGTR clearly said he had a cane, so hes probably injured
b.) the kid was street racing, XylathaneGTR did the right thing in waiting for the authorities to show up instead of letting the kid take off. think if this kid did this infront of your house, just as one of your family members was coming home and walking from the car to their house?
:rolleyes:

douche

jdmakkord
10-07-2006, 01:19 AM

Actually you sound like the real faggot here, why should the O.P be obligated to help some stupid fuck get away with no charges? The driver got what he deserved.

TheLegend8
10-07-2006, 01:22 AM
because your gay, homo

smontyLS1
10-07-2006, 01:23 AM

He did help him. Maybe now he wont terrorize calgary streets. What if there were more people on the road? losing control at 130-140 can do some serious damage and/or kill someone.

turab16
10-07-2006, 01:25 AM
help the guy atleast and keep him on the scene

accidents are scary and lil bit help goes a long way

b_t
10-07-2006, 01:26 AM
because your gay, homo

you fucking moron. seriously, how queer do you get? I would have taken the guys keys and thrown them out, then kicked his face in. he could have gone off the other side of the road and hit some pedestrians.

xylathane has a very good reason to be anti-street racing, so shut the fuck up you stupid 16 year old bitch.

XylathaneGTR
10-07-2006, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

and you're an fucking moron
a.) XylathaneGTR clearly said he had a cane, so hes probably injured
b.) the kid was street racing, XylathaneGTR did the right thing in waiting for the authorities to show up instead of letting the kid take off. think if this kid did this infront of your house, just as one of your family members was coming home and walking from the car to their house?
:rolleyes:
douche
Yes, i am injured. I crashed my 240 in july of 05, doing something speed related and stupid. there was a big thread about it.
I've been starting to get involved w/ the Party Program to share my experiences about it, and hope people like this kid (who i was once like. Young, Fast Car, Reckless and thought i controlled everything) learn about real life.
There is no doubt about it this was street racing. And i clearly indicated that in my statement. he fucked up and there is no way i'll help him get off on those charges, so he can do it again and potentially kill someone.
Hopefully losing his lisence (if he's a GDL, there's a good chance) will teach him a fucking lesson.

Originally posted by b_t

xylathane has a very good reason to be anti-street racing, so shut the fuck up you stupid 16 year old bitch.
Yeah, thanks. I'm glad people still remember that thread.
Any time someone wants a sobering dose of reality, come talk to me. Speed + reckless = lose. everytime.

smontyLS1
10-07-2006, 01:29 AM
ok guys leave legend8 alone, he drives a cobalt

b_t
10-07-2006, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by smontyLS1

he doesn't drive anything that's his own, he's an underage idiot whose dad bought him a decent car to bend up

natejj
10-07-2006, 01:32 AM

http://i.xanga.com/LeaBoBea22/t/eric_estrada_you're_a_homo.jpg

TheLegend8
10-07-2006, 01:39 AM
i dont drive a cobalt anymore, i got my dads old 911

TheLegend8
10-07-2006, 01:41 AM
Originally posted by b_t

he doesn't drive anything that's his own, he's an underage idiot whose dad bought him a decent car to bend up
you dont drive anything thats worthy of being on a road. your a premature idiot whose parents never loved you, and now your all bent up cuz ur sad

b_t
10-07-2006, 01:42 AM

wow cool, you still don't own a car

smontyLS1
10-07-2006, 01:43 AM
IN FUTURE NEWS:

Punk kid crashes popa's old porsche - COULD HAPPEN ANYWHERE, PLEASE WARN ALL LOVED ONES

TheLegend8
10-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by b_t

wow cool, you still don't own a car
i own more of a car then your broken down dsm peice of shit

TheLegend8
10-07-2006, 01:46 AM
IN FUTURE NEWS:

Punk kid crashes popa's old porche on panamount gate, NW

actually i dont drive down there, so if there was to be future news concerning me it would be elsewhere

smontyLS1
10-07-2006, 01:48 AM
Thanks for the heads up its been edited

XylathaneGTR
10-07-2006, 01:48 AM
Lets try and keep this retarded/flame free, at least for the first 24 hours....

TheLegend8
10-07-2006, 01:49 AM
GG

Team_Mclaren
10-07-2006, 01:52 AM
GG you, shut up and stay on topic.

what color was the 7?

b_t
10-07-2006, 01:56 AM

my car hasn't broken down once since I know how to maintain it and could afford to buy one with only 31,000 miles on it :thumbsup:

it's already been established your a retard though, so you don't need to post anymore.

XylathaneGTR
10-07-2006, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Team_Mclaren
GG you, shut up and stay on topic.

what color was the 7?
Very dark blue,
IIRC, The screen inside the cop car when i was filling out my statement said "Midnight Blue." or something like that.
Young brown guy driving, dressed like he just came from a party or something.

The skyline that took off, didn't get to see it long enough. Probably black. Probably a good chance the driver is on one of these local forums too...

retro-steve
10-07-2006, 02:05 AM
well if i decide to get a JDM car as my next car at least i know there will be an abundance of parts :D

euro_racer
10-07-2006, 02:11 AM

because your gay, homo

you dont drive anything thats worthy of being on a road. your a premature idiot whose parents never loved you, and now your all bent up cuz ur sad

...Sreiously you have to be one of the biggest idiots to come on Beyond EVER. How old are you?

Correction YOUR DAD owns more of a car.....you said it yourself

its a good thing that he got busted and XylathaneGTR did the right thing, he actualy thaught like an ADULT...something you should practice doing

:thumbsup:

BigShow
10-07-2006, 02:17 AM
There's alot of useless BS in this thread (probably from young'ins that shouldnt be on this board in the first place).

XylathaneGTR that must of been a scary site to see considering your own unfortunate accident, props for staying with the guy until police/ems showed up. And also good for you, for getting involved with the Party Program!

BerserkerCatSplat
10-07-2006, 02:22 AM
Props to XylathaneGTR for not helping him gat away. If there's anyone here who knows the risks of speed and inexperience it's him. I'm not sure many people quite realize how hard it must be to have gone through what he did and still have the strength to talk to people about it and tell his story.

TheLegend8 should die in a fire. Or, if poetic justice is your thing, should be hit be it by a street racer while walking on the sidewalk.

I think a ban is in order for his rampant jackassery.

2.4l
10-07-2006, 02:50 AM
HEY I WANT THIS RX7 AND WILL PAY GOOD CASH FOR IT>. i saw this car near my house today, lowered with a fatpipe on the back, east indian driver

IF ANYONE KNOWS WHOS CAR THIS IS PM ME IM INTERESTED IN BUYING THE CAR!!!!
thanks
:bigpimp:

HIDStop
10-07-2006, 03:25 AM
Last Gen Integra just flipped on Harvest Hills BLVD...

At least 6-7 cop cars, an ambulance...

Looked pretty bad - I wouldnt be surprised if it was the next person trying to race in tonights conditions.

(Or not...could have just been some kind of...'mishap'.

Vietsta
10-07-2006, 08:48 AM
was this a jdm rx7? black with a soft top?

Eleanor
10-07-2006, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Vietsta

I really hope it's JDM, then hopefully he'll get busted for an illegal car too. Which is why he probably couldn't produce registration.

infected
10-07-2006, 09:19 AM
Thumbs up to XylathaneGTR for doing the right thing. :thumbsup:
Hope you're recovering well too for I wasn't aware you were injured... anyone have a link to the thread?

A790
10-07-2006, 09:21 AM

actually i dont drive down there, so if there was to be future news concerning me it would be elsewhere

I SEE A BAN COMING! :drama:

EK 2.0
10-07-2006, 09:43 AM
because your gay, homo

no because you're banned...

oh yeah...

homo...

BerserkerCatSplat
10-07-2006, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

no because you're banned...

oh yeah...

homo...

Good riddance. Thanks, EK.

Crymson
10-07-2006, 09:58 AM
Shame to see a good car go to waste like that. Either to a crash or a douchebag who races on the street.

riander
10-07-2006, 10:29 AM
Iv seen that rx-7 ripping around NW calgary before
young kid, idiot driver
when will parents learn that buying their kids very nice turbocharged rear wheel drive cars is NOT a good first car?
fuck some people are stupid
and I wouldnt be surprised if the fag giving Xylathane was the dumb punk himself
anyways
GG fucking idiot street racer.
even IF i street raced, if there was a car in front of me, thats when its time to put the brakes on. its not fucking formula one out there

XylathaneGTR
10-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by BigShow
XylathaneGTR that must of been a scary site to see considering your own unfortunate accident, props for staying with the guy until police/ems showed up. And also good for you, for getting involved with the Party Program!

At first i thought he hit the condo complex across the street (it has a concrete retaining wall). I forgot how wide that median was, there was still a few feet of grass both infront and behind his car. So once i realized he just mowed down some trees, i relaxed a little. As for the PP, i've started trying to do something with them, i have a lot of stories to tell, and i know there are a lot of kids out there that were in this drivers situation, or mine last year. (Young, fast, and reckless.) It really is tragic to see the suffering something like this can bring on, and not only to the person involved, but to their families too.

Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
Props to XylathaneGTR for not helping him gat away. If there's anyone here who knows the risks of speed and inexperience it's him. I'm not sure many people quite realize how hard it must be to have gone through what he did and still have the strength to talk to people about it and tell his story.

Things like this hit me very close to home. I've been there, i know EXACTLY what he was thinking. (young, inexperienced, and thinking you're in control of everything around you.) I can bet that just about anybody else in the drivers situation would want to get away too, hell, i would want to. But losing his car, and possibly his lisence is getting off lucky. He wasn't injured, despite mowing down 4 trees with, basically his drivers fucking door.
It has been hard for me, but talking about it does usually make it easier. Like i said, if someone wants a sobering dose of reality, come talk to me. I find that most people don't get to hear anything about what i've experienced, and if i can help them make a smarter decision in life, well, then it was't in vain. But this thread isn't about me, so, yeah.

Originally posted by Vietsta
I didn't see inside, but it appeared to be a North American spec coupe. The police weren't talking about it being an illegal car, it just looked like he couldn't find all his papers, or didn't have them in order. It was blue though, that was very clear.

Originally posted by infected
Thumbs up to XylathaneGTR for doing the right thing. :thumbsup:
Hope you're recovering well too for I wasn't aware you were injured... anyone have a link to the thread?
It was in the "Street Encounters" section. I believe the thread title was "Nissan 240SX, Country Hills Injury Accident" or something along those lines. Try searching that, or my name.

Edit: Had it bookmarked.
http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95618

sh0ko
10-07-2006, 11:02 AM
XylathaneGTR

MAD props to u for doing the right thing

403Gemini
10-07-2006, 11:10 AM

:(

lol

PiMpIn SmUrF
10-07-2006, 11:23 AM
^^^^^^^

your not a dumbass tho. :D

and you own your cobalt :D

Nissanaddict
10-07-2006, 11:43 AM
Good that you didn't let him get away. I did something similar. Neither me nor my passenger got injured. I thought of driving just onto the road, until I actually got out of the car and surveyed the damage. Coolant everywhere etc. so I just waited for the cops. Legend8 may very well have been the driver. Good on you for not letting him get away, and good luck on your recovery. I saw your car on the news, and didn't think it was possible to make it out of that.

k98303
10-07-2006, 12:32 PM
i've seen that rx7 and skyline in NW, sometimes at MRC too.
on the small campus road at MRC they drive like they r on some racing track..i reall don't think that is cool especially i dont think there are that many people who can tell it is a FD and a SKYLINE..my female frds' comments are wtf r they doing and....ewww it is green..

KK07
10-07-2006, 12:48 PM
So what will happen with the driver of the Skyline once he's caught? What kind of trouble will he be in?

k98303
10-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by KK07
So what will happen with the driver of the Skyline once he's caught? What kind of trouble will he be in?
at least..street racing i think?

andres_mt
10-07-2006, 01:15 PM
Damn little punks making people who drive imports look bad. :guns:

Also glad that Legend8 guy got banned sometimes you need threads like this to weed out all the douchebags on Beyond.

Notice how they always have like 0.10 Posts/Day? They must be the same person getting banned over and over.

Dan_s_young
10-07-2006, 01:35 PM
Good job for making sure the guy got what he deserved.

88jbody
10-07-2006, 07:01 PM
he did what he should have.

the driver was clearly not badlt hurt so leave him there untill the police come and take care of it.

I have done alot of dumb things such as that before, I got away lucky. but that doesn't mean everyone will.

I am thankfull I never lerened by hitting some inocent person

street racing, on a road with traffic in a residintial area has got to be the dumbest thing some one can do.

and big deal you drive your dads 911, punk. I paid for my own car, and take care of a family. if that happend infront of my house that guy would have been so badly hurt and when the 5-0 come I'd sware up and down his injuries happened in the accedent.

like c'mon there is a time and a place and it is not residintial calgary on a road with traffic

cloud7
10-07-2006, 09:13 PM
Street racing or speeding excessively one block away from the police station is not to smartest thing to do. We have all done stupid thing.... hopefully this guy learns his lesson. It's better to learn by loosing the driver's license than to have kill someone and goes to jail.

carter_prelude
10-08-2006, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

I really hope it's JDM, then hopefully he'll get busted for an illegal car too. Which is why he probably couldn't produce registration.

Its a 93. You can't get 93's from Japan yet. And RHD cars aren't illegal.

EDIT: Unless of course you mean its a 93 JDM RX7 that was imported illegaly.

either way its good to hear the guy was ok, probably pretty shooken up

Sorath
10-08-2006, 03:58 PM
rx7's were legal in 92, the fd. jdm only, same with the mk4 supra, 1993 jdm, 1994 usdm

ApexDrift
10-08-2006, 04:26 PM
that FD lives in Hidden Valley if were talking bout the same one... east indian guy...
i would also like to take a look at the car and see if its worth and repairing

if anyone has any information please pm me!
thx

1-Bar
10-08-2006, 04:53 PM
^haha, savage...

Yeah, I've seen this Green FD many a time at school. Always doing laps around the main street @ MRC. Looks like the only laps he'll be doing is at the local pool....:poosie:

Great post and course of action you took XylathaneGTR

dam_guy
10-08-2006, 05:18 PM
i've also seen these two around. they seem to be buddies.

GQBalla
10-08-2006, 05:29 PM
ive seen the rx7 - nice car

good thing you guys didn't help him push the car out - good he got caught!

XylathaneGTR
10-08-2006, 06:22 PM
Originally posted by ApexDrift
that FD lives in Hidden Valley if were talking bout the same one... east indian guy...
i would also like to take a look at the car and see if its worth and repairing

if anyone has any information please pm me!
thx
I'm pretty sure that would be him.
I dont think the damage was severe. When he started it and reved it up, it sounded like it ran okay for a car that had just been crashed. There was a good amount of body damage on the drivers side (from mowing down trees) and a tail light was broken, headlight may have been too. His drivers front wheel was sitting at a funny angle, and i'm not sure if jumping the curb or smoking trees caused it. There was probably some sort of under body damage, because the car was high centred on these trees.

Likely, the owner will keep it.

DeeK
10-08-2006, 08:42 PM
Holy fuck xylathane. I just went thru your old thread there and looked at the pics... jesus, you are lucky to be alive.

You should keep pics of your mangled car to show people like this punk kid in the 7. Just to express what CAN happen.

Chester
10-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Both the drivers are buddies, I've seen them rippin around the MRC campus like its a race track; no idea why they took out the speed bumps.

b_t
10-09-2006, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by XylathaneGTR

I'm pretty sure that would be him.
I dont think the damage was severe. When he started it and reved it up, it sounded like it ran okay for a car that had just been crashed. There was a good amount of body damage on the drivers side (from mowing down trees) and a tail light was broken, headlight may have been too. His drivers front wheel was sitting at a funny angle, and i'm not sure if jumping the curb or smoking trees caused it. There was probably some sort of under body damage, because the car was high centred on these trees.

Likely, the owner will keep it.

man I had never seen those pics before! holy fuck! You are definitely blessed man, tthose light posts demolish cars... I am really glad that when I hit one last winter, it was the type that was designed to rip out, otherwise.. head on a 50km/h could have really fucked me up.

ApexDrift
10-10-2006, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by 1-Bar
^haha, savage...

early bird gets the worm! :D

but what are the possible charges and reparations for racing?... i thought it was a suspension of licence tickets up the arse, maybe a court appearance?.:dunno:

hopefully hes selling it!

XylathaneGTR
10-10-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally posted by ApexDrift

early bird gets the worm! :D
but what are the possible charges and reparations for racing?... i thought it was a suspension of licence tickets up the arse, maybe a court appearance?.:dunno:
hopefully hes selling it!
I asked the officer out of curiousity while i was writing my statement in the car (it was fucking cold outside.) He wasn't sure either, he'd never written one before and was looking up the consequences of it.
I'd imagine they're quite steep. My impression that was if he was a GDL and had anything else on his record, it would probably be enough to lose his lisence.

3G
10-10-2006, 10:07 PM
wasnt there a law intorduced that gives u a criminal charge now for street racing

sgouki
10-11-2006, 01:46 AM
Didn't see it happen but saw the aftermath
Glad to hear he got busted cuz its one thing to street race and its another to street race infront of a police station.
His car should be impounded..damn street racers

Godfuader
10-11-2006, 10:06 AM
If it is the same guy im thinking (lives around Hidden Valley), I for one am glad his car is off the streets. I dont mind people driving faster than the speed limit, but cutting off minvans and busses on busy streets is just retarted. Guys an idiot of a driver, hope he is at least shaken up by this enough to stop being a complete fool.:guns:

FusionNRG
10-17-2006, 09:45 AM
:drama:

bspot
10-17-2006, 10:15 AM

:banghead: Stupid 16 year old former j-body owning fags like this make me wish I had a different car so I wasn't associated with them :banghead:

Good on you for waiting for the cops man.

DepTrotter
10-17-2006, 10:28 AM
where are those pics homie!