PDA

View Full Version : Where to get these products?!?

urbancrescent
10-07-2006, 01:12 AM
Just watching this detailing video and now realize that I just wasted my time getting a Porter Cable. I should have got a Makita like this guy. :)

http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-892782202661869342&q=ultimate+car+wash

Does anyone know where this Carnuba wax can be bought?

Jed Bouscal
10-07-2006, 12:57 PM
A porter cable polisher is never a waste of time!

I have 2 of those wash buckets, they can be purchased here:
http://www.autopia-carcare.com/son-probucket-gft.html

The wax would be similar to this: http://www.zymol.com/vintage2.htm
(I realize it's not 5 thousand pounds as the video claims, but really ...)

Most of the world's claybars are manufactured by one of two or three factories and sold to all the companies that retail it. There is higher and lower quality clay, as welll as diferent abrasiveness levels, but it mostly does the same thing.

P21S, Pinnacle, and other brands make great gel wheel cleaners. Very effective and safe as long as you have some good brushes to lightly agitate the dirt off the wheel.

KKY
10-07-2006, 03:57 PM
P21S and Pinnacle make good Carnauba wax for a lot less money.

Jed Bouscal
10-07-2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by KKY
P21S and Pinnacle make good Carnauba wax for a lot less money.

I agree! 90% of your gloss and depth will come from polishing anyway!

Calgarydetail
10-08-2006, 04:37 PM
I used to think like all of you saying that zymol was over priced and you could get a better result by using somthing else thats chaper and im sorry I dont agree anymore. I bought zymol carbon a couple weeks ago, done a few jobs and it is absoluty amazing. Its 72.08 at the bmw dealership and i know oyu get it cheaper from a candian supplier. Aftrer using it twice i was hooked and have ordered concours and have it ocmming.Im sure im going to get the its 90% prep and trust me i know but i do this for aliving lol, i know what works for me. This guy however is a tool, ive seen his site and he seams like a very arogant jerk. There is a place in montreal that uses the same wax, they charge a ton but the work looks better.
Since it was asked you can order al there stuff and get it shipped to canada at www.zdocn.com

Jed Bouscal
10-08-2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Calgarydetail
I used to think like all of you saying that zymol was over priced and you could get a better result by using somthing else thats chaper and im sorry I dont agree anymore. I bought zymol carbon a couple weeks ago, done a few jobs and it is absoluty amazing. Its 72.08 at the bmw dealership and i know oyu get it cheaper from a candian supplier. Aftrer using it twice i was hooked and have ordered concours and have it ocmming.Im sure im going to get the its 90% prep and trust me i know but i do this for aliving lol, i know what works for me. This guy however is a tool, ive seen his site and he seams like a very arogant jerk. There is a place in montreal that uses the same wax, they charge a ton but the work looks better.
Since it was asked you can order al there stuff and get it shipped to canada at www.zdocn.com

I don't think Zymol is overpriced, but I do think that spending a couple thousand dollars (the estate wax) on a wax when you can spend a hundred dollars on one that is fricken awesome like the one you mentioned, or Pinnacle Souveran, is a little ridiculous!

(REMOVED DUE TO HORRIBLE MISUNDERSTANDING) - 7:34, Oct 8/06

I'd love to see some pics of the Zymol on your ride, I bet it looks great. Cheers!

dino_martini
10-08-2006, 06:10 PM
Wait wait wait..why does he check to see how much paint he has to work with before buffing? Ive never used a porter cable type deal like he has.

Calgarydetail
10-08-2006, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by Jed Bouscal

I don't think Zymol is overpriced, but I do think that spending a couple thousand dollars (the estate wax) on a wax when you can spend a hundred dollars on one that is fricken awesome like the one you mentioned, or Pinnacle Souveran, is a little ridiculous!

Sorry you think I'm a tool and a jerk, not much I can do there for you, except to tell you there's a big difference between taking pride in your work and being arrogant, as you just demonstrated.

I'd love to see some pics of the Zymol on your ride, I bet it looks great. Cheers!

Im sorry im confusedm i dont think i called you a jerk, im sorry if it was construded that way.. what i ment was the guy who was in the video the miracle detail guy seems to be that way. I appologize i dint mean to call you a tool, and i take alot of pride in my work as well. I love to detail cars and lov to make them look there best. I think there was a little miscomincation lol.. hope everything is cool

'he checks the paints thickness to see how much clear you have before you get down the paint pigment. if you buff through the clear your screwed so he checks the thickness to see how much paint he has to work with to decide what scratches can be buffed out and which are 2 thick.
and Jed Bouscal im sorry i really didint mean to call you a tool

dino_martini
10-08-2006, 06:55 PM

Im sorry im confusedm i dont think i called you a jerk, im sorry if it was construded that way.. what i ment was the guy who was in the video the miracle detail guy seems to be that way. I appologize i dint mean to call you a tool, and i take alot of pride in my work as well. I love to detail cars and lov to make them look there best. I think there was a little miscomincation lol.. hope everything is cool

'he checks the paints thickness to see how much clear you have before you get down the paint pigment. if you buff through the clear your screwed so he checks the thickness to see how much paint he has to work with to decide what scratches can be buffed out and which are 2 thick.
and Jed Bouscal im sorry i really didint mean to call you a tool

Wow, thats good to know. I thought when you buff, your just rubbing the compound on. I probably shouldnt buy a buffer then, I would fuck it up.

Jed Bouscal
10-08-2006, 07:32 PM

Oh jeez am I ever sorry. I totally misunderstood to whom you were referring to, and I appologize for my comments! I understand what you were trying to say. Again, my appologies!

Calgarydetail
10-09-2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini

Wow, thats good to know. I thought when you buff, your just rubbing the compound on. I probably shouldnt buy a buffer then, I would fuck it up.

A polisher is a great tool it can do some awsome work if used properly. There are 2 types of pollishes chemical(filler) and abrasive. Filler polishes just fill the scratches and will eventully was out, so really this is a quick fix. The abrasives actully cut down a layerof the clear coat to make it smooth and to take out the scrathes. It is hard to burn through clear(yes it sure can be done) and with a little practice a polisher is awsome. Also you can aply was with your polsiher if you want. If your really into getting your car perfect i would defintly buy a porter cable random orbital polisher.