PDA

View Full Version : They say underglow is a distraction.... this is rediculous

scat19
10-07-2006, 04:04 PM
I saw this and I thought if neon is illegal, so should this. This is just as distracting, not saying I want neon... but its the principle

Recorded from my cell... so forgive for the poor qaulity,but look at this video:

Recorded at McLeod and Heritage dr

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-07-2006, 04:44 PM
WTF?! That's retarted. If that's allowed, then I want fucking underglow, and a ricey exhaust, just because I can. I mean... the retardedness. When I'm stuck in traffic, the last thing I want to see, if a billboard truck, making the traffic even worse. GET IT OFF THE ROAD!

:banghead: :banghead: :guns: :guns:

5hift
10-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Tax Money > Safety

The billboard truck generates revenues, which in turn generate tax money. Its probably why despite the fact that its extremely distracting, its allowed on the road. We'll probably see more of these if anything.

Redlyne_mr2
10-08-2006, 09:01 AM
Stop filiming shit and pay attention to the road ;)

Maxt
10-08-2006, 09:43 AM
How about that eye seering billboard at the corner of Mcleod and 39 th ave by henninger. I went by there at 5 am the other day, the ad that came up was so bright, I could not tell what colour the traffic lights were from the green spots in my vision.. That sign is a major distraction... Then again so is the flash from Multinova.. I have seem people lose control from being visually shocked by the camera flash..

soupey
10-08-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Maxt
How about that eye seering billboard at the corner of Mcleod and 39 th ave by henninger. I went by there at 5 am the other day, the ad that came up was so bright, I could not tell what colour the traffic lights were from the green spots in my vision.. That sign is a major distraction... Then again so is the flash from Multinova.. I have seem people lose control from being visually shocked by the camera flash..

fuck i HATE that screen, that thing blinds the shit out of everyone, its so friggn bright at nite

the one on crowchild near mcmahon is way more bearable than that one, and its like triple the size...i duno what moron decided to put something that bright so close to the road...

khtm
10-08-2006, 10:36 AM
This still doesn't change the fact that underglow is gay and if it must be used should ONLY be used by 14 year olds.

scat19
10-08-2006, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Stop filiming shit and pay attention to the road ;)

I was paying full attention :P you even get to see my shift into 1st gear.

sexualbanana
10-08-2006, 09:20 PM
Wow, people like to complain. Those billboards really aren't that distracting. It's like any other billboard, car decal, car advertisement out there. You'll only see it if you pay attention to it. That's it.

Plus those signs on MacLeod and by McMahon, really aren't that bad. Go to any of the major metropolitan cities in the US and you'll see it's 100x worse. The Sunset Strip over by Tower Records and the Viper Room has a lot of them. Makes for a really bright section of the road. The Strip in Vegas has a lot too.

BigMass
10-09-2006, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by khtm
This still doesn't change the fact that underglow is gay and if it must be used should ONLY be used by 14 year olds.

I agree %100, but i would never ban something based on the fact that i find it "gay" or "stupid" or anything else. I believe in individual freedom and personally i have never found neon under glow to be distracting. Just more worthless laws politicians make up to make themselves feel less useless during their term.

dennisaur
10-09-2006, 06:45 PM
haha wtf i've never seen one of those yet. i can't believe that it's completely legal for them to do that

Black Gts
10-09-2006, 07:03 PM
haha, the sign by McMahon is the worst, in the flames playoff run in 04, they were showing hockey games on that screen, Ads are bad enough, but when the whole city was cheering the flames, how many drivers at once were not paying attention at that intersection?? :guns: :guns:

scat19
10-10-2006, 12:39 AM
Originally posted by sexualbanana
Wow, people like to complain. Those billboards really aren't that distracting. It's like any other billboard, car decal, car advertisement out there. You'll only see it if you pay attention to it. That's it.

Plus those signs on MacLeod and by McMahon, really aren't that bad. Go to any of the major metropolitan cities in the US and you'll see it's 100x worse. The Sunset Strip over by Tower Records and the Viper Room has a lot of them. Makes for a really bright section of the road. The Strip in Vegas has a lot too.

Just chill man - im just making a point - A MOVING billboard, are you kidding me?

What next? You can pull up beside a truck at a light and get yourself a bigmac and coke for the afternoon commute?

Saw it for the first time and there we have it - I was just alluding to underglow saying its just as "distracting", not that I would ever use because it is tacky and so F&F

FiveFreshFish
10-10-2006, 12:47 AM
A moving billboard should have to comply with the Alberta Highway Traffic Act and that certainly is more distracting than underglow, which is the point made in the original post.

Stationary billboards are controlled under city regulations.

sexualbanana
10-15-2006, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by scat19

Just chill man - im just making a point - A MOVING billboard, are you kidding me?

What next? You can pull up beside a truck at a light and get yourself a bigmac and coke for the afternoon commute?

Saw it for the first time and there we have it - I was just alluding to underglow saying its just as "distracting", not that I would ever use because it is tacky and so F&F

I apologize if I sounded irate or anything, it wasn't my intention. My point is that a moving billboard is really no different than its stationary counterpart. It has the exact same purpose, and can be avoided in the same manner; don't look at them. It's not like you're required to look at billboards.

Comparing it to a mobile drive-thru is kind of ridiculous though, imo.

I'll agree with the other post though. Putting the hockey game on the screen at McMahon is a really dumb idea.

AllGoNoShow
10-15-2006, 06:14 PM
Call it in and complain scat.

soupey
10-15-2006, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

I apologize if I sounded irate or anything, it wasn't my intention. My point is that a moving billboard is really no different than its stationary counterpart. It has the exact same purpose, and can be avoided in the same manner; don't look at them. It's not like you're required to look at billboards.

Comparing it to a mobile drive-thru is kind of ridiculous though, imo.

I'll agree with the other post though. Putting the hockey game on the screen at McMahon is a really dumb idea.

the point hes trying to make is that u can ignore billboards just as easily as u can ignore someones underglow (or any other kind of extra decorative lighting for that matter), which should make u wonderwhat the big deal is..

sexualbanana
10-15-2006, 07:54 PM
Originally posted by soupey

the point hes trying to make is that u can ignore billboards just as easily as u can ignore someones underglow (or any other kind of extra decorative lighting for that matter), which should make u wonderwhat the big deal is..

There's no difference between that and the advertisements on semi trailers.

KuruptEX
10-16-2006, 12:49 AM
:rofl: :rofl:
thats funny