PDA

View Full Version : Damn SHELL

FivE.SeveN
10-07-2006, 04:35 PM
I'm so fucking pissed off right now it's not even funny.

The 1st time I take my car thru a carwash in months, what happens? The GODDAMN guide rails that grab your wheels scraped the shit out of my Volks. CHRIST, and when I go to bitch out the manager I'm sure I'll hear "the sign says we don't take responsibility for damage".

This is bullshit! Now I have to bring em into alberta wheel because they need to be refinished again! Maybe I can make shell pay for it?

:banghead: :banghead: :guns: :guns:

WWJAI
10-07-2006, 04:37 PM
thats why you don't bring your car through the automatic car wash...wash it yourself.

NATAS.KAUPAS
10-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Yeah, not too bright and good luck getting them to pay.

Mr. Burns
10-07-2006, 04:44 PM
:rolleyes: I dont know what is worse... that you took your car through an automatic car wash, or than you came on here to complain about it when it fucked your shit up.

FivE.SeveN
10-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Bah, lesson learned and let it be a warning for anyone else who's gotten away w/o scratches so far. Do it by hand or not at all. :banghead:

*edit* like I said 1st time in a long while <<< moron.

scat19
10-07-2006, 04:48 PM
1) Dont take through automatch wash

5hift
10-07-2006, 05:27 PM
Yeah those auto car washes are deadly for even slightly modded cars. I remember seeing some asian girl lose her body kit on her accord going through one of those.

l8braker
10-07-2006, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by WWJAI
thats why you don't bring your car through the automatic car wash...wash it yourself.

:werd: Auto washes talk all the fun out of doing it yourself.

EK 2.0
10-07-2006, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by l8braker
:werd: Auto washes talk all the fun out of doing it yourself.

I dunno they never talk me out of anything but a few bucks...:dunno: ;)

tentacles
10-07-2006, 05:48 PM
some asian girl lose her body kit on her accord going through one of those.

I'm going to make a generalization here, but maybe this is for the better. :)

biggie_82
10-07-2006, 11:28 PM
Best to go to a coin up and spray the car yourself. If you want to go through an automatic car wash Esso would be the best since it's completely touchless.

nj2Type-S
10-08-2006, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by FivE.SeveN
I'm so fucking pissed off right now it's not even funny.

The 1st time I take my car thru a carwash in months, what happens? The GODDAMN guide rails that grab your wheels scraped the shit out of my Volks. CHRIST, and when I go to bitch out the manager I'm sure I'll hear &quot;the sign says we don't take responsibility for damage&quot;.

This is bullshit! Now I have to bring em into alberta wheel because they need to be refinished again! Maybe I can make shell pay for it?

:banghead: :banghead: :guns: :guns:

is that the one at chinook mall? silverhill gave me a free carwash to take to shell but when i saw how dangerously close the railings are to my rims, i didn't risk and it just went to those coin operated ones...sux to hear, man!

sexualbanana
10-08-2006, 12:53 AM
If you're going to go to an automatic wash, go to the ones without the rails. As far as I know, Husky on MacLeod and Esso on MacLeod both have them. I'm not too sure about other ones.

dodger97
10-08-2006, 02:58 AM
Esso...those are the touchless - no rails just drive up to the sensor and that's it.

Sorry about your luck...

FiveFreshFish
10-08-2006, 04:56 PM
For a thorough cleaning, you need to wash it by hand.

nj2Type-S
10-08-2006, 09:24 PM
is there anywhere where we can bucketwash our cars since we're not allowed to do it in our driveways?

FiveFreshFish
10-08-2006, 09:29 PM
I bring my buckets into a wand spray wash. During off-peak hours, of course.

nj2Type-S
10-08-2006, 09:37 PM
i asked the guy at the counter if i could do that when it's late at night and noone's really using it but he said no...this is the silver dollar car wash on mcleod..:(

FiveFreshFish
10-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Don't ask... just start washing and they won't care. You have to hit the ones with multiple bays that are open 24 hours. Lots of them aren't manned after hours so you won't have to deal with anyone.

Nothing wrong with bucket washing because
(1) there's nobody behind me and there are empty adjacent bays; and
(2) I'm paying for their soapy water to presoak the car and fill the buckets.

In fact, it's so dead when I go (5 AM) that I can dry off the car inside the bay completely before leaving. I get it done with $3 or $4.

hussein
10-08-2006, 10:24 PM
Yea, esso ones I have been to don't have rails. Work good too.

tapout
10-08-2006, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish
Don't ask... just start washing and they won't care. You have to hit the ones with multiple bays that are open 24 hours. Lots of them aren't manned after hours so you won't have to deal with anyone.

In fact, it's so dead when I go (5 AM) that I can dry off the car inside the bay completely before leaving. I get it done with $3 or $4. :werd: thats what i do

nj2Type-S
10-08-2006, 10:28 PM

In fact, it's so dead when I go (5 AM) that I can dry off the car inside the bay completely before leaving. I get it done with $3 or $4.

what soap do you use?

FiveFreshFish
10-08-2006, 10:43 PM
I just fill two buckets with the water on the soap cycle from the wand. I used to I add my own car wash soap to supplement and found it didn't make that much difference. Can't remember what brand I used to use though.

FiveFreshFish
10-08-2006, 10:49 PM
This is the type of bucket I use. The wand goes into the lid hole and I keep it from flying off by resting my foot on it when it's being filled. When it's full, I quickly move the lid to the second bucket and repeat.

SilverBoost
10-09-2006, 11:58 AM

exactly....

asking for forgiveness is easier than asking for permission sometimes as well. ;)

And yeah, I go later sometimes when I really want to take my time and I have zero issues. I sham it off afterwards and all.... usually never even see another car.

99atlantic
10-09-2006, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
is there anywhere where we can bucketwash our cars since we're not allowed to do it in our driveways?

You actually obey that bylaw? LOL

nj2Type-S
10-09-2006, 02:15 PM
^there's a lot of old people around my neighborhood so yes, i do....hahaha

99atlantic
10-09-2006, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by nj2Type-S
^there's a lot of old people around my neighborhood so yes, i do....hahaha

just ignore them; if a bylaw officer comes, tell him you didn't know. if you get a ticket, then watch your neighbors and whenever they water their lawn, get a video camera and tape measure and measure the water stream - water flow cannot be anymore than ~30?meters/foot/yards/I don't remember from their property.

LilDrunkenSmurf
10-09-2006, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by tapout
:werd: thats what i do

Mine's closer to 11pm/midnight

cressida_pimpin
10-09-2006, 04:26 PM
sorry to hear about that! i would be pissed if that happened to my wheels too and i only have enkei!

spyce
10-09-2006, 05:12 PM
Yea that shit happened to my mom's car before. Dad took it through one of those washes and boy was he pissed after

Aleks
10-09-2006, 05:18 PM
Husky on 42nd ave doesn't have rails. The one in Woodbine doesn't either. I think all husky washes are now taking them out.

dennisaur
10-09-2006, 05:20 PM
yeah definitely won't go to one of those unless its' touchless and there are no rails. but yeah wand-washing is the best:thumbsup:

nj2Type-S
10-09-2006, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by cressida_pimpin
sorry to hear about that! i would be pissed if that happened to my wheels too and i only have enkei!

haha, word up! same here! lol

nj2Type-S
10-09-2006, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by 99atlantic

just ignore them; if a bylaw officer comes, tell him you didn't know. if you get a ticket, then watch your neighbors and whenever they water their lawn, get a video camera and tape measure and measure the water stream - water flow cannot be anymore than ~30?meters/foot/yards/I don't remember from their property.

lol, thanx for the tip but i don't think i have time to be spying on my neighbors. how much would those tickets be, anyway?