PDA

View Full Version : manhattan school gives parents detention!!

riceeater
10-08-2006, 11:23 AM
if i was treated like a 2 yo retard when i'm in my mid 30s i think i'd be pretty pissed, and would tell this principal exactly where to stick it, before moving my kids to a non-communist kindergarden :roll: if your kid is late every day then hell ok, there's a problem, but if you're stuck in traffic or one day you're running late, who the fuck is the school to slow me down even more?? are they gonna write me a letter for work justifying why i was late? get the fuck out of here....

http://www.wgal.com/news/9979629/detail.html

School Gives Parents Detention For Late Kids

October 2nd, 2006.

NEW YORK -- A public school is requiring detention for parents who get their kids to school late.

Under the new rule at the Manhattan School for Children, parents who don't drop off their children by 8:25 a.m. have to pick up late slips from the principal's office and go to the auditorium to serve 20 minutes of detention with them.

"The parents need to make the breakfast, get the children dressed and get them to school on time," principal Susan Rappaport told the New York Post for Sunday's editions.

Some tardy parents at the school, which has 660 pupils in kindergarten through eighth grade, complained the detention made them late for work. But others approved, saying they felt humiliated and won't show up late again.

Dj_Stylz
10-08-2006, 11:33 AM
Fuck that, that’s retarded. I wouldn’t go to that detention or do anything they say.

no_joke
10-08-2006, 08:26 PM
You know what, I like the idea. I wish they'd do something like this in Uni. Every single lecture, some fucker(s) has to show up fashionably late and distract me from my book learning. Like when you're in those smaller classes and the door is in the front of the room a la high school style and the tardy bitch shamelessly walks into the room. Thanks dude, like it wasn't hard enough to pay attention already. Got that off my chest... :D

Ichigo
10-08-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by no_joke
You know what, I like the idea. I wish they'd do something like this in Uni. Every single lecture, some fucker(s) has to show up fashionably late and distract me from my book learning. Like when you're in those smaller classes and the door is in the front of the room a la high school style and the tardy bitch shamelessly walks into the room. Thanks dude, like it wasn't hard enough to pay attention already. Got that off my chest... :D

So what happens when the prof is late?

riceeater
10-08-2006, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by no_joke

haha, you'd hate me... that's actually one of the things i LOVED about university.. in the morning if you're late, or in the afternoon whatever, you just walk in the lecture and no one knows you, and you dont really distract anyone coz you just sit your ass at the back.... i feel bad walking in on small classes, coz i KNOW it is interupting, but it's a small class what am i gonna do skip just coz someone loses their concentration? i mean come on, in almost all classes you are bored half to death most of the time or half :zzz: